Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Hello to all & advice wanted about handlebar mirrors !

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

StAlkErO9
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 22:19 - 28 Apr 2008    Post subject: Hello to all & advice wanted about handlebar mirrors ! Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm not really new to biking (I used to ride 125's around 12 years ago until I got knocked off by a blind Jag driver!!).

Anyhow, I've re-taken the CBT and passed the Theory at the weekend and my test is on 22 May. I've just bought an SV650 which I'm collecting on Friday but it hasn't got any mirrors on it (Renthal bars). Can anyone give me any advice on what would be suitable mirrors for the bars?

Thanks in advance

https://bay01.imagebay.com/thumbs/32273/5dac_1.jpg

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:23 - 28 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

bar end mirrors perhaps? , give a good view don't need bar mods but affect combat filtering considerably.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

StAlkErO9
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 22:33 - 28 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply, I had seen them just looking quickly online but read that they sometimes arent that great and just see your elbows! I wondered if there was some universal ones that clamp to the bars? I'll keep looking...

faddius
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 23:08 - 28 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look for mirrors designed for motocross bikes, they often come with a clamp to go straight onto handlebars, so they can be removed and replaced on other handlebars easily.

Failing that, use the failsafe option - a vanity mirror, some wd40 and duct tape.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Kal
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:35 - 28 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the levers - you'll probably find that they have bolt holes in them for mirrors.

Mirror fittngs are pretty much universal. My friend Dave has Bandit mirrors on his CB500.

Alternately I bought some heart shape mirrors for my girlfriends trike that came with universal bar fittings.

1984 GB250 Clubman,1983 CB250N Superdream, 1999 GPZ500S
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 337 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1