Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Aerox problems? Please help!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

Baxendale
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 19:56 - 14 Jun 2008    Post subject: Aerox problems? Please help! Reply with quote

Hey guys, I'm a newbie here as you can probably tell Laughing My names Shaun and I ride a Yamaha Aerox (you've got to start somewhere huh!)

Anyways, I bought my Aerox in February ready for my birthday next month (July) and just recently it's all been going wrong. It was running fine but now it seems to keep on flooding. I start it and it runs for a minute then cuts out Confused So I check my spark plug and it's totally pee'd up so I clean it all up and put it back in and yes, first kick, it starts. Runs for another minute then cuts out, check the spark plug, flooded again! Around 2 weeks ago my brother's friend said it could be the carb floats so he gave the side of the carb a few tap's, i started it and yes it ran for the few minutes that I had it started! I went back to it 2 days later, the problem was back again and here I still am today stuck with the problem. I have opened the bottom of the carb up and moved the float up and down and it worked again for the 2 minutes that it was running but now again a few days later it is broke, AGAIN!.. with the same problem.

Someone said down jet, obviously not due to the fact that it was running fine.. even I know that and I'm no bike mechanic Neutral People are still saying carb float sticking, how can it be if I moved it around like I've been told to?

Please help me out guys, I'm a skint teenager who has his CBT in 18 days!

Many thanks Smile

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:21 - 14 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok im presuming you have not been riding it, just idling in youre garage or something. This may be part of the problem. Once you're going along and revving through the range, then it will work better me thinks.

Although, check the spark plug gap.
Tap the float bowl a bit and run it up and rev it quite a lot with centrestand down. See if it works ok.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Baxendale
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 20:10 - 15 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay mate, i'll try it out tomorrow and let ya know how I get on.

Cheers for ya help

ms51ves3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:17 - 15 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crappy fuel? How long has the fuel been in the tank? I will assume it's been there since February. Try changing it and see how long it runs for.

As Allymoss said, it may just need a good ride.

mca6969
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 09:42 - 16 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you take off the float bowl, could u take a picture at where the main jet is as i would like to see were abouts it is and how hard it is to take off please Very Happy

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:28 - 16 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

the main jet is just a screw with a hole it. To remove, just take the float bowl off and unscrew with correct size flat head screwdriver.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ms51ves3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:41 - 16 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

allymoss wrote:
the main jet is just a screw with a hole it. To remove, just take the float bowl off and unscrew with correct size flat head screwdriver.

The float bowl will have fuel in it so it's good to put a rag down to catch the fuel when you open up the float bowl.

mca6969
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 16:25 - 16 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh okay thanks Smile
My mate sed when he took his off to have a look there was like a big metal thing coming down but didnt have a thing to screw out :S hmm lol Laughing

Baxendale
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 19:08 - 16 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was probably his main jet lmao.. simple enough to remove, just unscrew the 2 screws on the bottom of the carb..

Didn't try my ped today, I left my keys in my dads car and he was at work Laughing Yeeeh im dumb but I'll let you all know as soon as I've tried it..

And yeah, about 50p's worth of fuel has been in there since feb but the other £4's worth has only been in there a few weeks..

Cheers

cal91
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 23:21 - 16 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a ped ages before my CBT and used to just mess on with it lol.

i honestly think it could be the fuel. I did the same thing, was in my garage for ages and before my CBT i wanted it MOT-ing. So my dad went to take it and the thing was doing the same as yours!

I put some new fuel in and my dad took it out straight away. He had the thing flat out for ages and when it came back the whole thing sounded better, had a smoother tick over and pulled away much better.

As you have newish fuel what you need to do is start it, then get on it and just hammer it. Do this for a good 15mins and then it should be fine Thumbs Up

Oh you havent been cleaning the air filter by any chances? Just i did that and put to much oil on the foam filter. I also used 2 stroke oil lmao Rolling Eyes It did a similar thing. I just had to clean it again and put air filter oil on, which i learnt is so much thinner lmao.

Baxendale
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 16:42 - 18 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, tried it today and now it starts for roughly 3 seconds. I took my exhaust off because its blowing due to me snapping a stud in the manifold Sad and also the bolt that is in doesn't even fit properly. but anyways, i took it off and it had a small extra round bit on the end of the exhaust where it goes into the manifold (possibly the restrictor?) so i took it off as it was stopping me from bolting the exhaust into the manifold flush, put it back on with a gasket and put the old bolt on again (the one thats too big - cant find another one).. anyways, still sounds the same and still doing the same thing, running for 3 seconds then cuts out..

i started it just now and when i revved it it's really weak and you can clearly tell its going to cut out..

anyone know whats up with it? Sad

my mate said clean the air filter out? Confused

god knows lol.. CBT in 14 days, god I hope it's running in time! Mad

Baxendale
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 19:25 - 18 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cleaned air filter out, no change..

Anyone think it may well be the spark plug? Confused is it worth getting a new one or is it not that?

Cheers.

ms51ves3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:27 - 18 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baxendale wrote:
Cleaned air filter out, no change..

Anyone think it may well be the spark plug? Confused is it worth getting a new one or is it not that?

Cheers.

It probably isn't the spark plug but they are cheap to replace anyway. If it doesn't solve the problem at least you have a spare.
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 1 year, 71 days between these two posts...

Hettrick44
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 23:11 - 28 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a simmilar problem with my aerox
Ended up changing the ht lead and ignition coil.
That along with the fact the fuel was crap didnt help. Running it in for hundred or so miles helped me
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 6 years, 131 days between these two posts...

2006aerox jake
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 18:58 - 06 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I'm jake and I was just wonder what the white digit number is on the end of my mile count on my speedometer, does anybody know what this it?
[/b]

Evil Hans
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:29 - 06 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tenths of a mile?

And (just an idea) why not start new threads instead of restarting prehistoric ones? Very Happy
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 8 years, 105 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1