Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

project time,rs125

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell
View previous topic : View next topic  

bleddyn123
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 07:38 - 17 Jun 2008    Post subject: project time,rs125 Reply with quote

well after 6 months without doing a bike up ive decided its time for another project.this time im gonna be working on my own bike. ive decided to do this as ive used the bike all through the winter and its looking a bit shabby.i was out rideing with a friend a while ago and he has the new shape rs125.i was thinking about getting the wheels on the new shape rs125 for my bike as i do like them alot.

this is whats planned

im going strip the bike polish the frame give the engine a good degreasing. clean the powervalve blade and im going to fit a complete 07 rs125 f/r end on my 2001 plate bike.when this has been completed ill be changing the piston and rings.then ill decide what to do to the fairings

i need a few bits before i start the work witch are

a 07 rs125 front mudgaurd
a aftermarket digital speedo
a couple of crush washers
a new chain and sprockets
and a couple of nuts and bolts
oh and a dark tint double bubble screen

heres the bike .i paid £600.00 for it on the 23rd of december 07

bargain

https://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e297/martynstorm4/SV1000112.jpg

anyhow i strated to troll ebay for the parts i needed ie.new shape wheels forks calipers ...etc etc after a month of looking still i had no luck finding the parts i needed at an affordable price...until last week. my farther text me saying get some money out of the bank ive got something you need ill pick you up in ten minutes

he picked me up in a van and i asked where are we going and what are we picking up.he said not far and wait and see.after a quick 5 minute run in the van he stops the van and says come on we are here.i got out of the van and asked what are we buying he didnt answer me he opend this gate on somebodys driveway and said come around the back.so i goes through the gate around the corner and there it is a crash damaged 07 rs125. it had no engine basically it was a rolling chassis with the rear fairings a fuel tank and other bits and pieces. i had a good look at it checked out what was there and my farther asked do you want it i said aye if the price is rite.with that this guy says its all yours for £200.00.i rapidy counted the cash out and handed it over

the next hour was a bit of a blur i got the bike home and stripped it down.i threw out all the busted parts and had a box for the parts that i wouldnt need but could sell on ebay.

anyhow im left with this lot

https://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e297/martynstorm4/P1040494.jpg

https://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e297/martynstorm4/P1040483-1.jpg

not bad for £200.00 plus ive already recouped £70.00 of the rear subframe and fuel tank plus ive a few items on ebay

ebay link

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150258827481&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:GB:1123

well if i can get the other parts i need this week it wont be long before i start ill keep this thread updated with pics

cheers

bledd

bleddyn123
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 07:49 - 17 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

can a mod please delete the other posts please i dont know whats happened there lol

bledd

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:43 - 17 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

bleddyn123 wrote:
can a mod please delete the other posts please i dont know whats happened there lol

bledd

It's called a combination of a slow server and impatience. You clicked submit 5 times.

You should be able to delete the threads yourself. Just enter them and click the little X in the top right hand corner of your post. That should get rid of the thread. Thumbs Up

bleddyn123
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 09:28 - 17 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers for that big ham

bledd

ballbag
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 17:22 - 17 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be watching this thread. RS owners very rarely make any decent mods other than big bore kits and pipes..

I've got a 2000RS and I think that front and rear fairings are the ugliest things since the toilets at the isle of wight festival this weekend.

so in short, nice one son - get on the case! Very Happy

highland biker
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 16:19 - 18 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

You MUST fit that swingarm its the sex!

bleddyn123
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 01:00 - 20 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the replys.the parts in the picture above have cost me £60.00 as ive sold a few things on ebay and a couple of private sales im going to pick up a aftermarket digital speedo this weekend and i might treat myself to a renthal chain and sprocket kit.the front mudgaurd weill be ordered on tuesday.hope fully i should get the conversion finnished soon.ive also decided on a full respray.and graphics kit.i intend to keep this bike for another 18 months.i just want to smarten it up a bit nothing chavy just plain nice looking

bledd

benjami
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 11:21 - 20 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

highland biker wrote:
You MUST fit that swingarm its the sex!

The swing arm is the same as the one on already, its just shiny.

Good project btw! What're you doing with the panels that're on there already?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bleddyn123
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 14:41 - 20 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

im gonna get the panels resprayed properly.i prefer the old shape fairings over the newer type.the speedo i went to pick up today was not very good so im still hunting for the right speedo.has anybody got a spedo for sale that will fit my bikei got cash waiting

bledd

Devans
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 16:01 - 23 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks awesome, keep us posted.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

superslick
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 12:02 - 29 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

fancy selling that black single seat tail piece + appy exhaust hanger? Razz

Jack_Cheese
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:01 - 30 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

How the hell do gits like you get all the bloody bargains!? Evil or Very Mad

I reckon this bike is going to look vey tasty indeed when it's done, it looks damn nice as it is!

Best of luck to you Thumbs Up

Jack

Cammy
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 19:21 - 30 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

HATE The back end, i however do LOVE the 2008 RS 125 rear end, looks like a proper bike Mr. Green

Good luck Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 305 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1