BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Aprilia RS50 Goes BANG - Gearbox or Clutch

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

mistergixer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:52 - 12 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you related to Half_Luke by any chance?
Wink
Space Monkey #7
Don Eladio is dead. His capos are dead. You have no one left to fight for. Fill your pockets and leave in peace. Or fight me and die!
Mistergixer's videos on YouTube
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

moog
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 17:52 - 12 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fnatic wrote:
Hmm I am in to minds whether I caused it. It was an early kick down but it wasn't as if it went round to 12k and bounced off the limiter.

I kicked down and it went back around to 10k and then sounded shit.

Confused

The amount of revs has little to do with destroying your gearbox due to lack of oil.

Did you not check it before you first rode it? The first thing you do when you buy a bike, especially one off e-bay, is to check EVERYTHING, and I mean everything...every little nut and bolt, all the fluid levels, tyre pressures, electrical connections etc etc.

Just think, had you done this you could've been riding it right this minute.

"I've made an odd discovery. Every time I talk to a savant I feel quite sure that happiness is no longer a possibility. Yet when I talk with my gardener, I'm convinced of the opposite."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mattsprattuk
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:23 - 12 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont start it without oil!!

put some in and see how it goes. if its fine, you were lucky.
Blue_SV650S wrote: it was a sh1te wheelie, but it proves that he can get it up in 3rd and can do angles. In summery, mattsprattuk is a gobby little sh1tebag, dopehead tw4t, but sadly for all of us, he probably isn't THAT full of sh1te!! Mr. Green
Kickstart wrote: Hi I tend to agree with Matt. All the best Keith

Fnatic
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:51 - 12 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I am not going to..

Hmm Im not related to 'Half_luke'
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ratboy
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 19:14 - 13 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

before starting it run some very cheap oil in it and run a little bit. drain it and see if there are bits of metal in it. if there are youve done damage to the gearbox and its worth doing more than topping oil up. if not it could just have been the clutch running dry. not entirely sure about it but it is definately worth flushing with oil and checking (if left in they could cause more damage)

hth
tom
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 258 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2