Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

I smell of bike

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Mr Hammers
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:11 - 20 Aug 2008    Post subject: I smell of bike Reply with quote

According to my boy i do anyway.

And what a great smell it is. With the top-end rebuilt all done and so far, successfully, i went for my first proper ride last night in years, and although most of it was taken pretty steady i did start to open her up towards the end of the ride.

Few things i'd forgotten about biking; how connected you feel, to everything around you, the level of concentration needed, the feeling of vulnerability, and most importantly, the absolute fun of it all!

Promised myself i wouldn't take any risks, and would be super-safe while i got my 'bike legs' back. But, about 50 miles into it couldn't help but start to lean further and further into corners...god, that felt good. Almost....too good....

i think that my two of my most favourite activities with vehicles have to be going sideways around corners in a car, and going low and fast around corners on a bike.

Only worry is, i already have a strong desire for even more power, which means the family might have to eat baked beans on toast for a few months, and maybe even do without chrimbo this year, while i save up for my test and then a nice big bike. Mr. Green

In the meantime, my EBC sintered pads arrived today, so once they're on i might just be able to stop and not have time to make a cup of tea before it actually comes to a halt, my anodised fairing bolt kit is ready to pick from the P.O. so it'll look even tidier, and my Colortune arrived yesterday so i can fine tune it even more.

Can't wait to get back out there and clock up more miles and miles of pure riding pleasure Very Happy
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 224 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1