streetfighterin this mofo

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic : View next topic  

Fnatic
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:00 - 14 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Repair it to be honest.

Street fighter just screams out cheap accident repair to me.

Thumbs Up Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hmmmnz
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:52 - 14 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fnatic wrote:
Repair it to be honest.

Street fighter just screams out cheap accident repair to me.

Thumbs Up Rolling Eyes

what!! a streetfighter never ends up being just a cheap accident repair, they evolve, and are never cheap,

ive built a few fighters over the years, never as an accedent repair but because i detest fairings of any kind,

be aware, that the bike will cost you more in the long run that just replacing fairings, but you'll have a bike that is yours, not just another plastic fantastic, if you do it right and think every mod through first, make sure the shit you do is practical!!! so no shitty plastic lights,

have fun Thumbs Up

binge
Emo Kiddy

PostPosted: 12:59 - 14 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr jamez wrote:

It may look a bit rough, but at least he doesn't look like king kong with a BMX stuffed between his arse cheeks when riding down the road Razz

Quite good for a Honda Bros owner. Cool Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

chillpill
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:59 - 14 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

got the headlights in the post yesterday , they came with no wiring diagrams so im going to have to guess wich wires wich , and also the loom is a bit shabby so im going to look into that and i need to get some electrical connectors on monday Mad

ive got the day of tuesday so hopefully ill get the lights sorted then Thumbs Up

yeah its starting out as a cheap repair , ive got no idea how far ill take it though , probly get bored and buy a srad Laughing

chillpill
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:00 - 14 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

john have you got a link to the project page for that nsr if it has one , it looks like a cool project Mr. Green

virus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:31 - 14 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.disturbingthepeace.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=16369

There ya go mate.

Cheers
John
owned: 85 rat CG (sold), 91 GS500e (stolen), 84 gsx400f (scrapped), 81 z250 (siezed, siezed, scrapped), 83 cb250rs (sold), 84 gpz750r ratfighter (killed) 84gpz400 (sold), '80 cb650 ratfighter (wrote off) 95gsx6/12f ratfighter (killed) 91 xj900 (sold)
stinkwheel Well I just had my hands up a pigs fanny. Which makes your concerns pale into insignificance.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chillpill
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:56 - 14 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn you have to register to see it

cheers anyway john Thumbs Up

virus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:06 - 14 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
NSR 125 frame and custom braces swingarm.
Custom rear alloy hugger
Aprillia RS 125 USDs
Custom billet alloy yoke
Aprillia RS 125 brakes
Aprillia RS 125 front wheel
Custom bodywork NSR125/Aprillia

There is the basics of it anyway, the thread hasn't been updated that much anyway.

Cheers
John
owned: 85 rat CG (sold), 91 GS500e (stolen), 84 gsx400f (scrapped), 81 z250 (siezed, siezed, scrapped), 83 cb250rs (sold), 84 gpz750r ratfighter (killed) 84gpz400 (sold), '80 cb650 ratfighter (wrote off) 95gsx6/12f ratfighter (killed) 91 xj900 (sold)
stinkwheel Well I just had my hands up a pigs fanny. Which makes your concerns pale into insignificance.

400bandit
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:41 - 15 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here Binge, what's wrong with being a Bros owner? Shocked

Joe

Mudskipper
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:42 - 15 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

chillpill wrote:
got the headlights in the post yesterday , they came with no wiring diagrams so im going to have to guess wich wires wich , and also the loom is a bit shabby so im going to look into that and i need to get some electrical connectors on monday Mad

ive got the day of tuesday so hopefully ill get the lights sorted then Thumbs Up

yeah its starting out as a cheap repair , ive got no idea how far ill take it though , probly get bored and buy a srad Laughing

Just plug the big plug bit into the main plug bit on your loom. Tuck the other bits away, they aren't needed.

chillpill
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:25 - 16 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

i the connectors on the headlights and my loom are totally differnt thats why i have to change them , its a cunt geussing which wires go where Evil or Very Mad

chillpill
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:34 - 16 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

got it fitted and working Mr. Green

spent 3 quid on these stupid little bullet connector things from maplin and spent 2 hours of my life trying to solder them up , in the end i just twisted the wires together and soldered them

one of the full beam bulbs dosent work either and the shitty paint on the headlights rub off easily and its already got scratched from just sitting on a table Neutral

chillpill
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:53 - 17 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

fuck sake , i cant re rout the wires under the frame because theres not enough gap , im either going to have to cut down the loom a bit then bundle them under the tank and grind away a grove in the frame to run them through , orr maybe split the loom into individual wires and run them under the frame , but that would be messy as fuck

pics will come up tomorow

need to sort out some clocks aswell , was thinking of maybe getting koso's to replace my broken ones but theyre like 100 quid and id rather have a 34mm carb for that sort of cash

Knacker
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:02 - 17 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

400bandit wrote:
Here Binge, what's wrong with being a Bros owner? Shocked

Joe

Compared to a little toy bike that you look like a nob riding Everything is wrong with a Bros.......... Ang on a minute Confused

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 17:05 - 17 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

chillpill wrote:
virus that nsr has been very tastefully done , cheers for that pic Thumbs Up

liking the red crankcases on the ns too , makes it stand out from other bikes Thumbs Up

It's a trainwreck that has fresh paint and has been polished, Laughing

binge
Emo Kiddy

PostPosted: 12:32 - 22 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marlboro-Matt wrote:

Compared to a little toy bike that you look like a nob riding Everything is wrong with a Bros.......... Ang on a minute Confused

Go easy on the Silly little bike comments eh. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Thom
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:49 - 22 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

In all fairness the bros/hawk/ntv/gt is an exceptionally good bike for what it was deisgned to do...
Previous Bikes: 1990 Honda NSR125 'Rothmans' (The smoking one), 1990 Suzuki GS500e 'Caf? fighter' (The loud one), 1987 Kawasaki GPX400r (The quick one), 1997 XJ600s Diversion (The reliable one), 2000 Kawasaki ER-5 (The spontaneously combustive one)
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 129 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3