Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Delkevic Exhaust system

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

IanH
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 22:46 - 11 Dec 2008    Post subject: Delkevic Exhaust system Reply with quote

I have recently had a full Delkevic exhaust system fitted to my 1200.
The baffle keeps falling out and they will not accept theres a problem.
The link pipe will not seal and the end can will not seal. Both my dealer and Delkevic say Im messing with it (which Im not) so they will not do anything.
Anyone else had any issues? They selling bad gear or am I the unlucky one?

Its totally ruined my bike and need another system

Any advice on a good make?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 22:49 - 11 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it need gaskets and if so are they fitted?

Bezzer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:15 - 12 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

You had someone actually supply AND fit it for you?? if so it needs to go back and demand it is sorted by them otherwise tell them it's going to be a complaint to Trading Standards, goods unfit for purpose etc..
You do know Delkelvic is an offshoot of DK motors don't you?..., enough said Sad
You're not having much luck with this Bandit are you Laughing

IanH
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 10:51 - 12 Dec 2008    Post subject: Time for a change Reply with quote

Must admit Ive fallen out with it. Time for a change.

I have sent the system back, had it back to the workshop 4 times.

Agree I should take it further. I think the gasket is missing from the joint at the can, so I can sort that. The link pipe gasket is in, it just does not line up right.

I have seen an Aprilia Falco with my name it on!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

SoND
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:12 - 12 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

My delkevic was scrap. End can wouldn't go on because the holes didn't line up, the plate was welded on crooked and to try and cover up the shitty weld they half ground it off. Rolling Eyes

None of the header pipes were even close to lining up. Lots of time and energy was wasted putting them in a vice and pulling them as hard as I could then bashing it with a hammer for ages.

Eventually got them spaced right but the collars on the end of them were crooked aswell. On two of them you could see where someone has taken it and went round it with a grinder for whatever reason leaving a bumpy finish instead of a nice, smooth one a lathe would make.

Was going to send it back but seeing as it took a month to be delivered to me I couldn't be bothered with the potential hassle dealing with them. Have cut it to bits now and it's looking better than ever. Thumbs Up

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 14:18 - 12 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Being fair the Delkevic exhaust on my FZR600 did fit OK. However it was meant to be stainless but still has rusted rapidly.

All the best

Keith

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:22 - 12 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delvekic are bad , numerous complaints about them on BCF, a bloke suffered a performance hit with his.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 17:33 - 12 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
Delvekic are bad , numerous complaints about them on BCF, a bloke suffered a performance hit with his.

Probably true about the performance hit with many exhausts. The down pipes are the important bit for performance, and easy to screw the design up. But most only care about noise and looks and think that performance goes with that Confused .

All the best

Keith

Noxious89123
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:29 - 13 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a set of cheapo SS downpipes off ebay for my cbr (not delkevic, they were cheaper then those!).

I was very particular about getting a set of pipes with crossovers, like on the standard pipes. Alot of the cheapo replacemnt parts don't have themm. The crossovers on these new pipes are slightly different than on the genuine honda part. They are shorter, and a bigger diameter.

Noticable bit of extra kick low down! Thumbs Up Smile Not bad for a set of cheap ass replacement pipes.

The Tot
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:10 - 14 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Motad do a pretty good standard swap in full stainless. They seem to be well respected and a mate of mine has some fitted to his ZX6R F no problems. I was forewarned about delvic prior to rummaging about for stainless steel pipes. Then, after trawling about on MCN ninjas, i found a gem of a full system - £140 SS heads and Ti end can. The crossover pipes on the headers were welded elegantly, the finishing was perfect, fitted like a glove with no blows, although i needed to stretch the headers a bit to get it to fit and line up, but wasn't too difficult - after the 3rd time of taking the exhaust off, it became a 1 man job to put it back on. Crossover pipes between 1&2 and 3&4 definitely help boost the low/midrange for me - ideally i'd need to get the bike jetted for the full system but throttle response seems crisp and responsive. Swona exhausts - i think the fella left to make mercury exhausts?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 178 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1