Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Just for 125 riders :)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

BlackStallion
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 11:40 - 18 Oct 2009    Post subject: Just for 125 riders :) Reply with quote

It would be good to no what 125's other people have and what they think of them. It's sort of like a questionnaire Smile

What's the longest journey you've ever done?

What do you like about your 125?

If you could change anything what would it be?

Post some pics maybe too Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

wizzzard
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:07 - 18 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a 125 but I've always had a second smaller cc bike in reserve since I past my test. Had couple of sr125's, the second one being very ratted and I've got a little H100 now that I absolutely adore. It more often than not gets chosen over the 600.

I just love the simplicity and no nonsense riding that you get from the smaller and in my case older bikes.

Photo whoring of said Honda Very Happy

https://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu281/wizzzard2009/06082011.jpg

https://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu281/wizzzard2009/06082010.jpg

Alexio
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:11 - 18 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll probably find 100 people on here with CG's Wink I have and I'm in love with it. Easy to work on, reliable, comfortable and economical.

However, I'm seriously considering a VT125 Shadow, they cruise the speed limit a lot more easily so I'm told. My CG can feel like it's working just a bit too hard to stay at 60 sometimes.

BlackStallion
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 12:24 - 18 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's just great to hear from someone who rides a 600 wizzzard mate Smile just knowing there is someone out there willing to choose their 100 over a 600 Thumbs Up

My mates dad had a Suzuki GP125 1983 model, a classic, he gave it to my mate, and for such an old bike, 2 stroke as well, it's been great.

It looks really similar to your H100. I am in love with my 125, been a great bike, took me places, never let me down, started first time every time, just upsetting knowing that i will have to get rid of it in the future for a bigger bike Sad

Photo whore all you want mate, show us a pic of your 600, so we can all see what you choose the H100 over Wink

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Muscle Bike Rider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:31 - 18 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I chose a Honda Varadero for its size as I'm quite tall and found a CG a bit cramped after a while althogh a nice ride. Also I like the upright position as I'm to old for sports bikes now, body would ache after a short while, Varadero I thought would get me used to the size of a bigger bike for when I pass as well as being comfortable and giving me a good presence on the road. I also like the fact that I can do 70 quite comfortable on her. Furthest I've gone so far is Colchester from home which is about 65 miles and enjoyed every minute of it Very Happy

wizzzard
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:32 - 18 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

milkster125 wrote:

Photo whore all you want mate

Damn you for leading me ino temptation Very Happy

https://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu281/wizzzard2009/zxr600.jpg
The zzr

https://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu281/wizzzard2009/srcamo-1.jpg
My old sr that I ratted. I miss that bike more than anything I've had.

BlackStallion
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 12:33 - 18 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexio wrote:
You'll probably find 100 people on here with CG's Wink I have and I'm in love with it. Easy to work on, reliable, comfortable and economical.

However, I'm seriously considering a VT125 Shadow, they cruise the speed limit a lot more easily so I'm told. My CG can feel like it's working just a bit too hard to stay at 60 sometimes.

Yeah, i agree with that mate, there are absolutely loads of CG riders on here! Some YBR owners too Wink

I saw a CG in Tesco car park that looked completely shattered and worn down. It was rusted just about everywhere you can imagine, the paintwork was peeling, the tank was dented like it had been shot with an air rifle or something, but as i was about to pull away, this guy hopped on the CG, put the keys in an fired her up, it started first time! Ran smoothly, an almost perfect idle speed, and just from looking at it, i thought it wouldn't run.

It was the worst condition bike i've most probably ever seen. Thumbs up for reliability mate Thumbs Up Wink

The Shadow is a pretty nice bike, i looked at the GZ125 Marauder before getting my XRX, but after sitting on a cruiser it put me off, just didn't suit me or feel right. They look pretty awesome though, and are both reliable bikes Thumbs Up

BlackStallion
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 12:39 - 18 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

A5tra_G wrote:
I chose a Honda Varadero for its size as I'm quite tall and found a CG a bit cramped after a while althogh a nice ride. Also I like the upright position as I'm to old for sports bikes now, body would ache after a short while, Varadero I thought would get me used to the size of a bigger bike for when I pass as well as being comfortable and giving me a good presence on the road. I also like the fact that I can do 70 quite comfortable on her. Furthest I've gone so far is Colchester from home which is about 65 miles and enjoyed every minute of it Very Happy

Mate i absolutely love the Varadero! There was one for sale when i got my XRX, it was £1200 and had done about 7000 miles, it looked huge for a 125, and looked so nice to ride. Wish i had the money, i would of gone for the Varadero, but the GT125R was there too, which i would of bought hands down if i had the money Sad

I no what you mean about feeling cramped, i'm 6ft and i've sat on a CG, didn't feel to bad, but i wanted something a bit bigger Thumbs Up

All the best mate, you've got a nice bike Wink

BlackStallion
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 12:42 - 18 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

wizzzard wrote:
milkster125 wrote:

Photo whore all you want mate

Damn you for leading me ino temptation Very Happy

https://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu281/wizzzard2009/zxr600.jpg
The zzr

https://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu281/wizzzard2009/srcamo-1.jpg
My old sr that I ratted. I miss that bike more than anything I've had.

So many things are tempting when you're a biker Very Happy

That SR looks awesome mate, i bet you had loads of fun with it! I'm loving the ammo box at the back Wink is there one on the other side, like panniers?

wizzzard
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:50 - 18 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to have one at each side and mounted higher but I decided lower would be better so couldn't fit the one on the other side because of the exhaust.

It was loads of fun to do and loads more fun to ride. It managed to be backed over by a bus and crashed twice by my eldest and still got on with it's job without complaining. I'm feeling all nostalgic now Very Happy

BlackStallion
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 12:50 - 18 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

A5tra_G wrote:
Furthest I've gone so far is Colchester from home which is about 65 miles and enjoyed every minute of it Very Happy

The Varadero is the bike that would be awesome for long journeys. It's got that real comfy sports tourer look to it Thumbs Up which i believe is what the bike actually is, a Sports Tourer.

Longest journey i have ever done on my 125 is about 300 miles with my mate. We went through all the countryside, from village to village and town to town, it was awesome.

You'll have to do the same on the Varadero, even if has a 125 engine, it's still capable Wink and most of all, it's still fun as hell Very Happy

BlackStallion
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 12:55 - 18 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

wizzzard wrote:
I was going to have one at each side and mounted higher but I decided lower would be better so couldn't fit the one on the other side because of the exhaust.

It was loads of fun to do and loads more fun to ride. It managed to be backed over by a bus and crashed twice by my eldest and still got on with it's job without complaining. I'm feeling all nostalgic now Very Happy

I think the ammo case suits being lower down anyway Thumbs Up

How on earth did it survive being attacked by the rear of a bus? Laughing

It's just brilliant how some bikes just keep on going and going... Was the SR a 2 stroke or 4?

I never mentioned the ZZR, silly me Very Happy that is a nice bike i have to say, i take it that's the bike you put aside for the H100 Laughing

wizzzard
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:03 - 18 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sr was 4 stroke. Continental drift acceleration but absolutely bullet proof Thumbs Up

Carl_steveo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:13 - 18 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have my NSR125. I haven't actually done any voyages on it yet I pretty much used it to commute and for the odd blast on my days off. I love it though even when it is temperamental. I've been stranded a few times and had to push it quite a distance lol.

It's wounded in my mams outhouse at the minute but it will be back Smile.

Alexio
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:34 - 18 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Longest trip on my CG was 9 hours as far as I can remember. I posted this in another thread not that long ago I seem to remember, my house to Cambridge and back in a day.

https://www.bikechatforums.com/download.php?id=68244

BlackStallion
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 14:05 - 18 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cor! 9 hours on a CG, you must of had one hell of a sore bum! Laughing

Where do you live? I take it you used all A roads and some dual carriageways?

I have to say, even though my 125 lacks the power, it's great fun to ride. I normally take the A47 route all the way to my girlfriends house near Norwich in Norfolk, which is 80% dual carriageway.

I've now found a route which is perfect for my 125, there aren't miles of straights, it's a nice simple A road which goes through loads of woodland and contains many bends, which is just brilliant on my 125, you can really dig into some of the corners. You feel like your going a lot faster even when your doing 50, whereas on a dual carriageway with all the cars and some other bikes, even 60 begins to feel pretty slow.

Cheers for the map pic mate Thumbs Up

I live in Peterborough, and the roads i take are just made for a 125, it's brilliant Very Happy

Muscle Bike Rider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:18 - 18 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats looks a great ride for a 125, must admit I'm looking forward to a day over a week end to just go out and ride, usual problem though of her indoors wanting things done and coming out with comments of "Thought you'd want a break off the bike after a week of commuting" Shocked perhaps when I pass the test she will keep her word and jump on with me Smile Awww well I get to ride her tomorrow, only downside is work at the end of the journey Rolling Eyes

Mord
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 14:28 - 18 Oct 2009    Post subject: Re: Just for 125 riders :) Reply with quote

milkster125 wrote:
It would be good to no what 125's other people have and what they think of them. It's sort of like a questionnaire Smile

Northampton - Oxford - Northampton.. 100ish miles

I love it, quick enough in straights, awesome in twisties, easy to fix, cheap insurance, cheap parts on ebay.

I would love to have 500cc 2 stroke engine in it and 2 front brake discs Thumbs Up

BlackStallion
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 14:30 - 18 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

A5tra_G wrote:
Thats looks a great ride for a 125, must admit I'm looking forward to a day over a week end to just go out and ride, usual problem though of her indoors wanting things done and coming out with comments of "Thought you'd want a break off the bike after a week of commuting" Shocked perhaps when I pass the test she will keep her word and jump on with me Smile Awww well I get to ride her tomorrow, only downside is work at the end of the journey Rolling Eyes

Yeah, having free time to ride your bike is great, it's just all about finding it Rolling Eyes

I should think it makes you look forward to work, knowing how you're going to get there Very Happy i have a bus pass for college, but it's just the most boring method of transport ever. Waking up and popping into the garage to fire your bike up is a much better feeling, just knowing that once it's warmed up, you can hop on and head for college.

I admit when you get there, in your case when you get to work, you just hate having to get off your bike and leave it nearly all day.

I've been stuck in pretty much all day today, i think it's time to get out Very Happy i'm off for a ride around, speak soon mate Thumbs Up

BlackStallion
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 14:35 - 18 Oct 2009    Post subject: Re: Just for 125 riders :) Reply with quote

Mordoklej wrote:
milkster125 wrote:

Northampton - Oxford - Northampton.. 100ish miles

I love it, quick enough in straights, awesome in twisties, easy to fix, cheap insurance, cheap parts on ebay.

I would love to have 500cc 2 stroke engine in it and 2 front brake discs Thumbs Up

I was about to head off for a ride, then noticed your post mate Very Happy

Awesome way of answering the questions, that's how i like to see it, good on ya fella Thumbs Up

I've been on an RS125, my mate had one, the powerband in it was pretty shocking for a 125. Very quick bikes, but i'm not a fan of Aprilia or 2 strokes, but they're fun to ride Thumbs Up

Gordy85
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 16:24 - 18 Oct 2009    Post subject: Re: Just for 125 riders :) Reply with quote

milkster125 wrote:

About 200-250 miles, stopping every 20-30 mins for a ciggy break <.>

It's reliable, and actually works!

Bigger screen, the CBR screen does about...nothing

Already posted pics in the other forums, can't find em atm.

Post some pics maybe too Thumbs Up

The Original Muzza
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:02 - 18 Oct 2009    Post subject: Re: Just for 125 riders :) Reply with quote

milkster125 wrote:

Never done more than about 80 miles on the 125.
Reliable and so crappy aesthetically I can take it out when the 600 is sleeping through bad weather. Was able to bodge a few parts at minimal expense to get it through MOT.
Suzuki parts quality. They just coat rust with metal.

https://www.bikechatforums.com/files/15072009.jpg

Honda_Rider
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 20:13 - 18 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Honda CBF125, and have done around 1100 miles on it and can't get enough Mr. Green

Around 90 miles so far

Pretty much everything, cheap to run and insure, simple but decent looking, great fun on the twisties but not so keen on the straights, four stroke reliability

Headlight fairing...not too keen on it, but apart from that it's pretty much bang on Thumbs Up will miss it when I move up to a bigger bike!

pup
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 20:42 - 18 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im one of the multitude of CG riders, only had her a few weeks and previous was a GP100. Max trip is about 35mile so far but will do more when the other love of my life lets me!

and laughing at both sides.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 22:07 - 18 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say well done to Alexio..
9hours to cambridge and back on a CG..
I did Maidstone to Peterborough on my GS500 doing about 90-100 all the way there on motorways and took me just under 4 hours... just getting there!
125..had 3 of them, last one was the Hyosung GT125, best learner bike around i reckon, fast, big and definately the most fun!
Wouldnt change a thing...perfect exhuast, engine, height..amazing...infinite petrol would be nice though!
Furthest i ever went was to Hastings and back...so not far.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 14 years, 185 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7