Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Ktm 50 Lc 2004 model.. No Spark.. (Help)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

ash-2009
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 13:11 - 29 Apr 2009    Post subject: Ktm 50 Lc 2004 model.. No Spark.. (Help) Reply with quote

i have a ktm sat there doing nothing i took the sparkplug out put it against the engine head and kicked the bike.. No spark there at all so i bought a new magneto for it and installed it connected all wires up and still no spark what else could it be ..

Could it be my cdi unit ? How do i test it see if its ok?

ash-2009
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 18:15 - 29 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

come on people so much for the help Sad Thumbs Down

Viewers but no comments Thumbs Down Sick

rob_scott92
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 19:04 - 29 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

orite mate, its a bugger with these electrics isn't it!

have you not got a manual for the bike? you could be right about the CDI, or it could always be something else. i dont really know anything about your bike but you should probably test the pulser coil, then if thats ok, test the CDI if you can (get a manual, it should have the exact tests to do on the CDI but on mine it was as useful as an ash tray on the actual bike!) then test the ignition coil, this is pretty easy, check LT lead and earth, then HT lead and earth. thats all i can think at the mo, you could test the regulator/rectifier aswell but i dont think that should stop the bike sparking.

i'm not sure if this test is strictly accurate but what the hell give it a go. Connect your CDI as normal, then where the ignition coil is connected at the LT wire, unplug that. then put one probe of a multimeter (set to volts, i forgot Laughing ) on the connector of the CDI that would connect to the ignition coil if you know what i mean, then connect the other probe to an earthing point, then kick it over. the way i see it, if theres a voltage when you kick it over then that should mean that theres a voltage going to the ignition coil through the CDI. i tried it on 2 CDI's, got a voltage on the one i bought today, and got no voltage on my suspected faulty one. that would lead me to believe that its a good test. Though bear in mind my bike still isn't sparking either! Embarassed

Hope this helps
Rob Thumbs Up Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

B10Hazard
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:24 - 29 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is your ht lead okay . . . Worth changing.
Good earth conection on the bike ?

rob_scott92 Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ash-2009
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 07:38 - 30 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks rob and bio for replying .. erm how can i put this i know a little a bout bikes but when it comes to electrics im absoloutley shite Laughing

Could any of use Link me to a diagram where i should be checking the ht lead is all in one mate its a kids 50 ht spark plug lead is connected to the cdi its got to be the cdi really coz there isnt much electrics on the bike and ive checked everywhere for loose connections i bough a new magneto as it looked fooked but cant of been that has to be the The all in one cdi Ht lead
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 14 years, 364 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1