Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Cagiva mito rev counter broken

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

davthegreat
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 20:43 - 11 May 2009    Post subject: Cagiva mito rev counter broken Reply with quote

SadSad ive just bought a caiva mito 2000 i think its the evo MK2 because of the wheels which are 6 spoke but the clocks are MK1 clocks ei they dont have the yellow band on the speedo.

anyways the rev counter doesnt work on the advert it said that the rev counter didnt work and i was hoping to buy it and fix it, but now ive got it home i dont have a clue where to start.

ive looked in the back of the rev counter clock and the plug/wire is fully in but still the needle is at 0 when the bike is running.

please help. Thank you
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

spitfire123
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 13:21 - 12 May 2009    Post subject: Re: Cagiva mito rev counter broken Reply with quote

davthegreat wrote:
SadSad ive just bought a caiva mito 2000 i think its the evo MK2 because of the wheels which are 6 spoke but the clocks are MK1 clocks ei they dont have the yellow band on the speedo.

anyways the rev counter doesnt work on the advert it said that the rev counter didnt work and i was hoping to buy it and fix it, but now ive got it home i dont have a clue where to start.

ive looked in the back of the rev counter clock and the plug/wire is fully in but still the needle is at 0 when the bike is running.

please help. Thank you
the clock is most proberbly fucked mate.

i have one spare.

Pm me

_sketch_
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 14:47 - 12 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

When i first got a Mito the clock didnt work, turned out to be the cable.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

davthegreat
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 16:37 - 12 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

how can i check if its the clocks or wiring, would putting one of them voltmeter things on the connector block see if it was the clocks or if there is no current/voltage then its the electrical side of it

davthegreat
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 17:50 - 14 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

any ideas

Hutchysrs50
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:47 - 15 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

unless the rev counter is electronic, i dont think the voltage meter would be any good.

its probly just the cable

davthegreat
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 16:19 - 15 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

right i had a look in the back of the rev clock and its electric wires going into a analog clock, (in other words its not a cable one) and it has 3 wires i presume a earth, one to the CDI and one to the gearbox or sensor, i put the probe on the earth and the CDI and then tryed the multi metre on the earth and the sensor one and it showed volage, when the engine was running and increased when i rev'ed the bike, does this mean my clock itself is broken

spitfire123
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 22:57 - 15 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

davthegreat wrote:
right i had a look in the back of the rev clock and its electric wires going into a analog clock, (in other words its not a cable one) and it has 3 wires i presume a earth, one to the CDI and one to the gearbox or sensor, i put the probe on the earth and the CDI and then tryed the multi metre on the earth and the sensor one and it showed volage, when the engine was running and increased when i rev'ed the bike, does this mean my clock itself is broken

yep sounds very much like the clock mate

davthegreat
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 23:15 - 15 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

oks oks a new clock it is, im not being a nob or out i would be happy to buy your rev clock but i think if i need a new rev clock i might as well buy a whole set of someone cos i need a new speedo too cos mine only got the MK1 evo clocks that only have KMH.

thank you very much Thumbs Up , but sorry Thinking

spitfire123
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 23:21 - 15 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

davthegreat wrote:
oks oks a new clock it is, im not being a nob or out i would be happy to buy your rev clock but i think if i need a new rev clock i might as well buy a whole set of someone cos i need a new speedo too cos mine only got the MK1 evo clocks that only have KMH.

thank you very much Thumbs Up , but sorry Thinking

yep mate thats fine.

you do know that a cheaper option for your speedo woule be to buy a kph to a mph sticker?

as ive gone through 3 of these yellow mph speedos in 4 months where as my standerd kph evo1 speedo lasted ages- untill I broke it Laughing

good luck

davthegreat
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 23:23 - 15 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

atm its got the stickers on it but ............i love perfection Very Happy , thank you so much for the offer though.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 14 years, 341 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1