Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

How to enter for Moto GP 125cc Racing?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

dannylc
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 17:30 - 20 May 2009    Post subject: How to enter for Moto GP 125cc Racing? Reply with quote

Hi guys does anyone know how i can go about entering for 125cc moto GP sounds so dumb i know and all i want is you to point me in the right direction not make fun so if anyone knows how i can go about entering please let me know all i want to do is basicly know how to enter so that way i can train and train and train to enter not entering strate away many thanks guys

Dann
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

owdamer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:39 - 20 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can join the ACU for a start. As far as i'm aware you can't just enter a 125gp.
https://www.acu.org.uk/

dannylc
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 17:47 - 20 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah right ok thanks for that so what is the ACU? and do you have to be picked for moto GP?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Al
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:05 - 20 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of youngsters seem to be coming up though the redbull rookies academy.
Without meaning to sound like a cunt, but unless your about 9 and already a 5 times minimoto national champion with a millionaire father you haven't got a hope in hell.

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:54 - 21 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

dannylc wrote:
Ah right ok thanks for that so what is the ACU? and do you have to be picked for moto GP?

The ACU is the Auto Cycle Union, they govern all motorcycle sport within the UK.

The FIM are the international bike sport governing body.

You need to get an ACU race license, race with a club until you have a clubmans license, continue to race until you get a national license, then continue to race until you have an international license.

In order to get the national license you need to have finished within the top 50% of the minimum 10 race days at 4 different venues in the past three years.

After that you can upgrade to an international championship license, but in order to do this you need to have held a national license for 12 months, and have completed a minimum of 6 meetings in 12 months.

Then you need all the logistics to get the to the venue and entry fees.

It's no where near as simple as just turning up.

HTH

How old are you buy the way, and do you have any racing experience?

If not you may want to view my "So you want to start racing" thread which talks you through getting a Novice ACU license and some other bits. Thumbs Up

PS

Not to put a damper on it, but if you're over about 15 you're already too old for 125cc moto gp racing(or will be by the time you get up there), so you may as well look at other classes.

dannylc
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 09:17 - 01 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah im 18 now so im guesing i would have to race 250cc+ and i know my family is not exactly rich but ill work my arse off to get something if i need it racing experience? sounds really wierd and ya will all look at me like -_- but i actuali race my aprilia RS 125 with higher cc bikes through public roads like highstreets and small enclosed road as then that way theres not alot of room to move so it makes it both fun but dangerously hard to overtake and there are alot of oncomming cars as its a public road thats really the only racing experience i have got

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:44 - 01 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not racing boyo, trust me.

There's no way you're keeping up with a properly ridden big cc bike on an Aprilia RS125.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 09:47 - 01 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go do some trackdays before working on plans to enter MotoGP. Thumbs Up

Barry_M2
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:52 - 01 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

dannylc wrote:
yeah im 18 now so im guesing i would have to race 250cc+ and i know my family is not exactly rich but ill work my arse off to get something if i need it racing experience? sounds really wierd and ya will all look at me like -_- but i actuali race my aprilia RS 125 with higher cc bikes through public roads like highstreets and small enclosed road as then that way theres not alot of room to move so it makes it both fun but dangerously hard to overtake and there are alot of oncomming cars as its a public road thats really the only racing experience i have got

Laughing

Classic!

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:53 - 01 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a quote for Mr LC to look at again in 10 years and cringe.

Barry_M2
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:39 - 01 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big_Ham wrote:
That's a quote for Mr LC to look at again in 10 years and cringe.

I properly laughed out very loud when I read his comment.

Laughing

Glad I quoted it now so it's there forever!! Very Happy

Thumbs Up

J D
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:41 - 01 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

No track experience and he wants to race Moto gp Laughing

Classic

Mudskipper
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:20 - 01 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

dannylc wrote:

Sounds like you'll be losing your road licence before you get an
ACU licence.

'Racing' through high streets = cock. Thumbs Down

If you think you're billy big biscuits racing material then get your arse on a track and prove it.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 12:29 - 01 Jul 2009    Post subject: Re: How to enter for Moto GP 125cc Racing? Reply with quote

First off, get a lot of money.
As an idea, someone I raced with of a similar age to you had his family remortgage their house to get £300k to fund the next few years racing, with the hope of doing well internationally. Don't think he particularly 'made it' in the end, though wasn't keeping track.
Then be very fast on track. This has very little to do with any riding you may have done so far.

Oh and if you don't want people to make fun of you, do some research first. Asking how to enter a world-class event when you have no prior experience is going to sound dumb whatever the situation really and does kinda ask for the making fun of.

D O G
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:51 - 01 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I call troll.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 15:18 - 01 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

dannylc wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Oh to be 18 again and to be so naive!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian

PostPosted: 16:24 - 01 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent £15k in 1 year racing, on a bike that requires 0 amount of tuning.

Start by doing trackdays, you'll need
Motorcycle
Uk licence
1 or 2 piece zip leathers + gloves boots
1 ACU gold sticker
Travel for yourself and bike to track
Money for trackday ranges between £70 and £300 depending on track and time of year
Petrol money

Thats for 1 trackday.

For 1 race weekend you'll need:
Join and pay for racing club membership
ACU novice licence (Requires a 1 day course plus track time and £££)
1 Race bike that will pass race scurtineering
Transponder
1 piece leathers, gloves and boots that will pass scurtineering
1 ACU gold sticker full face helmet
Race fees
Travel for yourself and bike to track (Van)
Petrol money

Optional: Tyres, tyre warmers, generator, sleeping accomadtion, tools, air compressor, spares motocycles parts, spare clothing, food, water.

Then you need to do 10 of those ^^^^ to get your national license.

Then you will probably have to enter a national or European series, where each race meet will be like the one above but 10x for cost Smile

Then you need to be good enough to be selected to race for a motoGP team, so you have to do pretty well in a national/European series like red bull rookies.

Its doable but you need a hell of a lot of money and time. Easily tens of thousands of pounds, maybe even hundreds.

If your really good at club/national level you may get a sponsor, this obviously opens the doors a lot wider.

Again, its been done, obviously but without high amounts of financial backing you've pretty much got no hope.

TBO a much better target is trackdays and club racing, I reckon 99.99% of racers are just happy to get to that level.

Club racing is like playing for your local non-league football team.
Moto gp is like playing for England in the World Cup Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 16:36 - 01 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forget the exact details, but you have to finish in the top half in a certain number of races to get your national licence, which you need before getting an international one.

I made sure I grabbed while I could from clubman minitwins, not that I expect I'll really need to use it (unless I try Manx TT sometime, but doubt it.)
dannylc This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

dannylc
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 17:47 - 01 Jul 2009    Post subject: Re: How to enter for Moto GP 125cc Racing? Reply with quote

G wrote:

Oh and if you don't want people to make fun of you, do some research first. Asking how to enter a world-class event when you have no prior experience is going to sound dumb whatever the situation really and does kinda ask for the making fun of.

well no not at all im asking for advice not to be made to look like a fool im not asking at all to be made to look like a mug im asking for advice ty for the first bit of advice but anything else like this above dont post please

dannylc
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 17:50 - 01 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
dannylc wrote:

Oh to be 18 again and to be so naive!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

and im absolutly glad that there are so many arseholes like urself who does not obviously know what it mean to be a biker track racing or not the idea is when someone asks for help you give them advice if you dont have anything to say at all on the matter apart from try to be a big boy and slate people just dont post simple as that

dannylc
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 17:57 - 01 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mudskipper wrote:

Sounds like you'll be losing your road licence before you get an
ACU licence.

'Racing' through high streets = cock. Thumbs Down

If you think you're billy big biscuits racing material then get your arse on a track and prove it.

Yes sure does sound like i would probly lose my licence also did i state the fact that i can drive like a manic prick like urself on track? no i want to know how to enter for it did not say i can drive on track or that i am racing material but then again no one is and they always start off learning and somewhere small thats what i want to do is start off small before going for the bigger leauges

dannylc
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 17:58 - 01 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

jdloyalroyal wrote:
No track experience and he wants to race Moto gp Laughing

Classic

dident say i want to jump strate to Moto GP i was asking how to enter it for when i DOOO got track experience why are you people always so thick without asking what it is exactly i plan on doing?

dannylc
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 18:01 - 01 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Al wrote:
A lot of youngsters seem to be coming up though the redbull rookies academy.
Without meaning to sound like a cunt, but unless your about 9 and already a 5 times minimoto national champion with a millionaire father you haven't got a hope in hell.

see now i dont take that offenceive as u have given me your sugestion i have herd about the redbull but also at my age people said im to old for 125CC but i can go for 250cc+ racing WHEN i have got experience on track dont worrie that wasent a dig at you but some of the other wankers on here and many thanks to everyone else who has been so so helpful to me Smile

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 19:16 - 01 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

People have given you lots of advice, telling you step by step what you need to do to end up racing in MotoGP.

No need to go telling everyone to fuck off, not sure exactly what you were wanting people to reply saying but people answered your question and were quite restrained with pointing out how MotoGP is a very long way away.

Oh yeah G, John Angel started in bsb superstock but ended up dropping out cos of money.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 14 years, 274 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3