BCF: Bike Chat Forums

How to enter for Moto GP 125cc Racing?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

eddclarke
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 19:21 - 01 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH MY GOD! Is this a wind up? Its great!

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:44 - 01 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm feeling helpful, so I'll assume he's not a troll...

dannylc wrote:
see now i dont take that offenceive as u have given me your sugestion i have herd about the redbull but also at my age people said im to old for 125CC but i can go for 250cc+ racing WHEN i have got experience on track dont worrie that wasent a dig at you but some of the other wankers on here and many thanks to everyone else who has been so so helpful to me Smile

You're not too old for 125cc racing, but you might be too big/heavy. Forget about MotoGP; you need a lot of ability, a lot of sponsorship backing and, believe it or not, a lot of luck to get there. Chances are, if you're 18 then you've left it too late to start - unless you're an absolute natural. You need to be picked up by a team and that's not going to happen without all of the aforementioned attributes.

Start at club level or, if you really have the ability/cash, British Superbikes. Their 125cc support class is a natural stepping stone, although don't think you're racing against untalented kids. A top British 125cc bike can cost £40k alone, and that's before you factor in other costs. There is no 250cc class in Britain, but as from next year there'll be no 250cc class in MotoGP either. So, if 125cc is a no-go and you're really good enough to go national, then look at Superstock 600s.

Have a look here:
https://www.britishsuperbike.com/support.aspx

If you want no hassle, you can fork out £20k (from memory) at the start of the season and get a fully prepped KTM RC8 every round in the one-series make. You pay out nothing, even if you total it. There are similar deals available at club level (Triumph Triple Challenge) and if you start at the bottom rung of the ladder who could probably get racing for a few thousand.

The ACU will be able to offer advice on clubs, and you will need a licence from them regardless.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

dannylc
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 19:58 - 01 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ste And Silver i got all the information i need many thanks guys no need to post anything else thanks Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Mudskipper
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:22 - 01 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

dannylc wrote:
also did i state the fact that i can drive like a manic prick like urself on track?

Laughing

Mudskipper
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:24 - 01 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd also suggest not telling people who have been riding bikes since you were still in primary school (G and Marjay) 'not to post'. Laughing

J D
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:35 - 01 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

dannylc wrote:
jdloyalroyal wrote:
No track experience and he wants to race Moto gp Laughing

Classic

dident say i want to jump strate to Moto GP i was asking how to enter it for when i DOOO got track experience why are you people always so thick without asking what it is exactly i plan on doing?

Thing is you might be useless on a track yet your already planning on moto gp Confused

Bofh5
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:43 - 02 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

dannylc wrote:
yeah im 18 now so im guesing i would have to race 250cc+ and i know my family is not exactly rich but ill work my arse off to get something if i need it racing experience? sounds really wierd and ya will all look at me like -_- but i actuali race my aprilia RS 125 with higher cc bikes through public roads like highstreets and small enclosed road as then that way theres not alot of room to move so it makes it both fun but dangerously hard to overtake and there are alot of oncomming cars as its a public road thats really the only racing experience i have got

i just read this and then your attacks on some of the very experienced members of this forum and just thought "your a cock" straight away.

seriously re-read that another 10 times and if you do it without cringing then you need help because your obviously "special".

and your grammer and spelling doesnt help your case one bit either.

Bikes: Honda 50 / CB125-TDC / 93 CBR600 F2 (Stolen & Trashed) / 2001 SP-1 (Sold) / 95 CBR600 F3

Fnatic
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:49 - 02 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bofh5 wrote:
dannylc wrote:
yeah im 18 now so im guesing i would have to race 250cc+ and i know my family is not exactly rich but ill work my arse off to get something if i need it racing experience? sounds really wierd and ya will all look at me like -_- but i actuali race my aprilia RS 125 with higher cc bikes through public roads like highstreets and small enclosed road as then that way theres not alot of room to move so it makes it both fun but dangerously hard to overtake and there are alot of oncomming cars as its a public road thats really the only racing experience i have got

i just read this and then your attacks on some of the very experienced members of this forum and just thought "your a cock" straight away.

seriously re-read that another 10 times and if you do it without cringing then you need help because your obviously "special".

and your grammer and spelling doesnt help your case one bit either.

Isn't "Grammer" like this.. "Grammar"

Laughing

Bofh5
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:51 - 02 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

i stand corrected - was in hurry replying so didnt spell check it.

Bikes: Honda 50 / CB125-TDC / 93 CBR600 F2 (Stolen & Trashed) / 2001 SP-1 (Sold) / 95 CBR600 F3

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:52 - 02 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

"your a cock" should also be "you're a cock" if you really want to be pedantic. Capital I, and capitals at the start of each sentence too.

Bofh5
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:53 - 02 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

busted by the grammAr police Police

Smile

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:57 - 02 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bofh5 wrote:
busted by the grammAr police Police

Smile

https://bloggis.se/alphanum3r1c/bilder/GrammarNaziCat.jpg

Laughing

Fnatic
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:09 - 02 Jul 2009    Post subject: Re: How to enter for Moto GP 125cc Racing? Reply with quote

dannylc wrote:
Hi guys does anyone know how i can go about entering for 125cc moto GP sounds so dumb i know and all i want is you to point me in the right direction not make fun so if anyone knows how i can go about entering please let me know all i want to do is basicly know how to enter so that way i can train and train and train to enter not entering strate away many thanks guys

Dann

Hold on a minute mate I'll just upload the MotoGP 125 application form for the next season.

Do you want an application form for the SAS while I'm at it?

Bofh5
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:10 - 02 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

i fancy a pop at that there f1 lark.
hey i can drive a mondeo so how hard can it be.
i was like well fast in tesco carpark last night.
did a wheel spin an evythik init

Smile

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian

PostPosted: 10:48 - 02 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

dannylc wrote:
Thanks Ste And Silver i got all the information i need many thanks guys no need to post anything else thanks Smile

CUNT! I spent ages writing my reply, and get fuck all thanks for it.

Cuntish

Sad

Luke Razz
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:54 - 02 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luke wrote:
dannylc wrote:

Cuntish

Sad

Luke Razz

I spent longer writing mine and got nothing either. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!

PostPosted: 13:14 - 02 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got some air off a speed bump on my BMX the other day, how do I become an astronaught?

Gaz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Bofh5
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:22 - 02 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

pop over to the nasa forums i'm sure they will be soooooo impressed with you leet skillz that they'll sign you up straight away !

Mudskipper
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:34 - 02 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big_Ham wrote:
Luke wrote:

Cuntish

Sad

Luke Razz

I spent longer writing mine and got nothing either. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

That's what you get for trying to help a twat. Laughing

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:50 - 02 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, all your advice was obviously shite! Razz

Bofh5
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:54 - 02 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

to be honest if he carries on racin like thru da hi street against those bigger cc bikes he will be lucky to live much longer !

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian

PostPosted: 17:16 - 02 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG OMG OMG, after 7 years I have gold Karma, OMG OMG OMG!!

Razz
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:49 - 02 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only if I nodded off for a moment and woke up a year later... Eh?

L-Jam
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:16 - 02 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hold on a minute mate I'll just upload the MotoGP 125 application form for the next season.

Do you want an application form for the SAS while I'm at it?

Lmao!

Do me one for the power rangers please? I've always been good at ninjitsu ever since watching Kill Bill.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 22:41 - 02 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect it's actually significantly easier to join the SAS, actually.
Can get in fairly quickly (providing you have the skills, of course) via the TA I believe.
While I suspect you will have to spend several years of working through the levels to get to international level racing, even if you are some miraculous god that happens to be better than any other motorbike rider in existence (seeing that to even qualify for a race the majority are those that have been riding since they were fairly small kids.)
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 14 years, 299 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3