Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Get orn moi laand

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto
 Topic moved: from General Bike Chat to Offroad & Supermoto by G (29 May 2009 - 17:51)
View previous topic : View next topic  

Mr Hammers
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:27 - 29 May 2009    Post subject: Get orn moi laand Reply with quote

It's my boy's birthday soon, and he would love a little 50cc scrambler. I've no problem with that, but, I really have no idea where he could legally ride it.

What sort of places should I be looking for, somewhere where he can just belt about for a bit that isn't going cost a small fortune to use?

I don't any farmers btw, or anyone with a bit of private land, or what the score is with 'public land' anymore.

Cheers! Thumbs Up

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 10:52 - 29 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gingers FTW. Thumbs Up

I know it sounds a bit weird but this really needs to be in the off road and supermoto section.

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=143936&highlight=ginger+farm

Gingers looks nasty in those pics, but its really nice, and has a small oval specifically for kids and people like me who are crap at offroading. Info is in that thread. I've been there a few times and its really good, especially for kids. I think it costs a tenner for the day's riding, but might be cheaper for a child...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

t121anf
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:03 - 29 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

is that thread in an area section?

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 11:08 - 29 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

t121anf wrote:
is that thread in an area section?

No, its in the Offroad and Supermoto section.

{edit} Crap, I was wrong it is in the South East section. Doh!

Here's the relevant post:

silky666 wrote:
Directions:

Google Map:
https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=W+Park+Rd,+Felbridge,+West+Sussex,+United+Kingdom&sll=54.162434,-3.647461&sspn=9.504056,20.566406&ie=UTF8&cd=1&geocode=0,51.145136,-0.090340&ll=51.159054,-0.05579&spn=0.009932,0.020084&t=h&z=16

My Notes:
Head up West Park Rd - from the Church of the Latter Day Saints.
Go past Cricket Pitch on right.
On left look for StudPond Lane (unmade road - bumpy and muddy)
[edit=g]Carry on past the first gate with the signs relating to under 16s fishing - you are turning right when you get to a farm on your left.[/edit]
Go up there and through gates.
Head left again and you will see Ginger in his little shed.
Pay the man ten of your English - and Have Fun Laughing

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Mr Hammers
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:45 - 29 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
Gingers FTW. Thumbs Up

I know it sounds a bit weird but this really needs to be in the off road and supermoto section.

Ah, good point. Didn't occur to me, I was thinking it was more of a general question that non-off-roaders might have an answer to.
Quote:

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=143936&highlight=ginger+farm

Gingers looks nasty in those pics, but its really nice, and has a small oval specifically for kids and people like me who are crap at offroading. Info is in that thread. I've been there a few times and its really good, especially for kids. I think it costs a tenner for the day's riding, but might be cheaper for a child...

Aye, that looks pretty cool, and it is the sort of thing I was looking for, but, I'm also thinking there must be places that are a bit more...I don't know...informal...? All he really needs is a little field or track, nothing special.

Short of knocking on local farmer's doors - and I'm reluctant to bother doing that as my experience of farmers is that they get very territorial when you mention bikes and start reaching for their shotguns... - I'm not even sure where to begin looking.

Anyway, at least I know now there is somewhere where we can go where he can ride it, even if it's a fair way away.

Cheers, Marjay. Thumbs Up

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 12:03 - 29 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Hammers wrote:

Aye, that looks pretty cool, and it is the sort of thing I was looking for, but, I'm also thinking there must be places that are a bit more...I don't know...informal...? All he really needs is a little field or track, nothing special.

Gingers... formal... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Its about as informal as it gets without getting a 12 bore buckshot cartridge shot up your jacksie. Seriously he makes you sign an indemity, and you pay your tenner and you ride. Simple as that.

Anywhere less formal would actually be illegal. Even if the farmer gives you permission (which they won't) then they could be sued if your son injures himself. Farmers won't open themselves up to that kind of litigation.

Seriously, there might be something like gingers near to you but no farmer will let you use his field unless you know him well or he's set up an established track which you have to pay to use.

tutton
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:35 - 29 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Thats the kind of attitude is what i felt like,
till by chance one day we asked the farmer, and he had no issues, with it at all, actually welcomed us onto his land.
No harm in trying

Quote Me Happy

PostPosted: 17:38 - 29 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

How old is your son? Has he ridden before?

TBH I don't think Gingers will be ideal. The oval would be perfect if it wasn't for the full size bikes tearing round it. Sure they would easily get round your son but it would be intimidating for him if he is young and new to bikes.

It will do but I think your best bet is your plan of finding a nice private field you can use.

msmallc
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 19:42 - 31 May 2009    Post subject: wheres this track Reply with quote

Hi there lads where exactly is this track your on about i live in hastings how far is it from me and whens it open cheers glenn

msmallc
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 19:37 - 03 Jun 2009    Post subject: whens it open Reply with quote

Hi there again lads whens gingers open and are there and requirements on armor and clothing cheers...
P.S is there a phone number so i can ring up before i go....

_sketch_
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 14:04 - 15 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammers,

I had the same problem, Just wanted to ride up and down a field after i did some work to my bike to check it was all ok - I ended up asking a police man while i was a Tesco and he told me about some wasteland only a couple of miles away that would be ok because it was out of the way and nobody complains.

Best thing to do is ask a local cop.

Rob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:28 - 15 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could always try looking up the local moto-x club? Some allow kids to join some don't, if not they may be able to suggest somewhere good to go?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 14 years, 321 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1