Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

SYM Joyride 125, Clutch Size?. And Help On Tuning

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

DeeJ
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 15:15 - 08 Sep 2009    Post subject: SYM Joyride 125, Clutch Size?. And Help On Tuning Reply with quote

PM tuning do a variable clutch which is 107mm in size, and I wondered if it would fit my SYM Joyride 125.
Also does anyone know what I can do to it, to get abit more power out of it. I have fitted a 180cc CDI unit which has took the top speed to just above 70mph.
But I now want some lower down power to help me with pull off.
I have sourced a variator from thailand for a decent price.
But as it is a SYM its sometimes hard to find parts, especially aftermarket.
So if anyone knows where I can get tuning parts for my scooter then please tell me thanks.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 18:03 - 08 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

i didnt think just changing the CDI would do that Confused
I would just whack the actual 180 in there Razz and replace for MOT.. but then again ive got a full licence, so if your on L's, im not sure what you could do really Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

DeeJ
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 21:31 - 08 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still on L plates, so no 180 is out of the question.
And I'm not sure why the 180cc cdi unit increased the top speed but i was given it with the scooter and tried it without and was doing 62-65mph flat out, now it will do about 74mph flat out by just swapping the cdi, also added abit more torque once it is over 30mph.

Just want that bit more power low down to help me get to 30 quicker

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 21:36 - 08 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

74 flat out is pretty good for a 125 ped mate, how long does it take to get to 30?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

DeeJ
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 21:50 - 08 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say roughly 8-10 seconds. But tbh I'm use to doing 0-60 in my car in under 10, so to 30mph my scooter seems extremely slow to me.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 22:15 - 08 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

my car does it quite quick...alot quicker than 10 lol...
and my bike also.. but cc difference is alot.
8-10 to 30 is a bit naff, has it been since you put the CDI in?

DeeJ
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 22:26 - 08 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

No pull off is the same with the other CDI

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 22:58 - 08 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm...then i take it, when stock the >30 is pretty shite.
im guessing the clutch could do something..but im not that great with your ped im afraid.
Could always ring the company?

DeeJ
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 17:06 - 09 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I timed my 0-30mph today and it was about 6-7 seconds. Just feels slow because of the size of the scooter I think
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 14 years, 203 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1