Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Lexmoto LXR 125 2020

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

K80
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 21:37 - 20 Feb 2021    Post subject: Lexmoto LXR 125 2020 Reply with quote

Hello guys,

I bought lxr125 last year, and since November it's been parked up as I passed full license and got myself bigger bike. I now want to sell but have encountered an issue

It won't start.

Initially I thought it was battery so I got myself a charger but it showed fully charged. I got another charger and that showed the same thing. I then called the dealer and was told maybe my battery is totally dead as weather has been colder than usual in UK past month.

So as I was taking it out to order replacement I noticed that its same size as my bigger bike. So I decided to swap them. It turns out battery isn't an issue. As it worked in other bike and other bike battery failed on this.

During this swapping process I realised that led lit up and do the 1-5 gear led animation like it would when I used to turn the ignition on. But There was no sound however. And it went away quickly. My ignition key was on complete off so I tighten the screws on battery, inserted key, turned it on and nothing.. absolutely nada.

I called the dealer again and it wasn't of any help.

I'm new to motorcycles, and have limited knowledge of things.

Upon some research and mind you there isn't much about lxr125 on line. I have come across starter relay and starter motor, and I also think maybe my ignition switch is faulty. I don't know where fuse box is located on this bike, so couldn't check, can anyone point that out as well?
It's not naked bike but I'm prepared to strip it down if need be.

Can any one point me in the right direction? I hope I have covered most aspects.
I really need to sell this so I can release my money and already have a couple of enquiries but I'm stuck with this issue now.

Kentol750
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:03 - 20 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kill switch?

bikenut
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:32 - 20 Feb 2021    Post subject: T Reply with quote

You purchased this bike from a dealer ? New ? You have a book with it ? And the key fob has buttons ?

I hope to god you did not connect anything the wrong way when doing battery, even for an instant ?

Warranty ?

Procedure to disconnect and reconnect battery ?

Voltage diodes showing as out of stock...

Over......

bikenut
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:51 - 20 Feb 2021    Post subject: T Reply with quote

As a matter of interest, have you been starting the bike since it was laid up, say once a month which I suspect may be easy for you to remember to do ?

And, a real long shot this one, did you live in a hilly/mountain area and have had real close thunder storms/lightening strikes very close by ?

As said a real long shot that one.

There is a lot of electronics on this bike and a "fuse" is not listed.
By the battery did you see a clear plastic tube like thing with red wires going into it ?

You say you turn ignition on and nada, as in no warning lights, no horn, no indicators, as in completely dead ?

A long list I know but start at the top and reply one by one on each question...it's quicker than way believe me.

K80
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 23:22 - 20 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kentol750 wrote:
Kill switch?

That I verified, unless there is a hidden switch or reset button somewhere else.

K80
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 23:31 - 20 Feb 2021    Post subject: Re: T Reply with quote

bikenut wrote:
You purchased this bike from a dealer ? New ? You have a book with it ? And the key fob has buttons ?

I hope to god you did not connect anything the wrong way when doing battery, even for an instant ?

Warranty ?

Procedure to disconnect and reconnect battery ?

Voltage diodes showing as out of stock...

Over......

1. Bought brand new
2. Yes I have owners manual but not repair or service manual and I can't find them as not having a great day today my macbook gave up on and just now finished fixing that waiting for new OS to load up to look up repair manual properly. Been using my phone for everything
3. No key fobs, standard keys.
4. No I have not connected battery the wrong way. Verified
5. Yes it is under warranty but my dealer is 60 miles out and I'd have that as last resort ideally purely because of two reasons 1. I can learn more about bikes and hopefully contribute back to the community as there isn't much about these bikes online. 2. Parts up to 100-150£ quid will be cheaper than just having it delivered to dealer.
6. Disconnected negative(black) first then positive (red).. and reconnected in reverse order

I didn't understand your voltage diodes out-of stock comment.

K80
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 23:36 - 20 Feb 2021    Post subject: Re: T Reply with quote

bikenut wrote:
As a matter of interest, have you been starting the bike since it was laid up, say once a month which I suspect may be easy for you to remember to do ?

And, a real long shot this one, did you live in a hilly/mountain area and have had real close thunder storms/lightening strikes very close by ?

As said a real long shot that one.

There is a lot of electronics on this bike and a "fuse" is not listed.
By the battery did you see a clear plastic tube like thing with red wires going into it ?

You say you turn ignition on and nada, as in no warning lights, no horn, no indicators, as in completely dead ?

A long list I know but start at the top and reply one by one on each question...it's quicker than way believe me.

1. Last I started it was in December took it for a ride for half an hour just to keep charge up ( in my mind I thought was a good idea - I'm I'm newbie) then brought it back and parked up until last week.

2. Not aware of lightning strike but this is uk, thunder storms are not that unusual. However bike has been parked in a shed and with cover on it to keep dust off.

3. I did not see any clear tube, there are two one big one under pillion and another near battery smaller one. I'll take pic and share

4. Yes completely dead. But when I'm connecting battery back at that time led display lights up for few seconds and then goes away maybe this is bigger clue?

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:37 - 21 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a Lexmoto dealer in Farnborough 16 miles away
from Guildford,
MSGmotorcycles GU14 0EN
Take the bugger back

Most chinese bikes have abysmally poor tech backup
so good luck finding a manual

jaffa90
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:44 - 21 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.lexmoto.co.uk/news.php?article=348

K80
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 07:14 - 21 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

WD Forte wrote:
There's a Lexmoto dealer in Farnborough 16 miles away
from Guildford,
MSGmotorcycles GU14 0EN
Take the bugger back

Most chinese bikes have abysmally poor tech backup
so good luck finding a manual

I know of them, and they are as good as any car sales man. That is why I chose not to buy from them in first place

K80
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 07:15 - 21 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

jaffa90 wrote:
https://www.lexmoto.co.uk/news.php?article=348

Thank you. Can I please find some solution rather suggestions that have nothing to do with mechanical advice?

bikenut
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:18 - 21 Feb 2021    Post subject: T Reply with quote

Hi k80,

Have it sorted under warranty.

The more you "fiddle" the more chance of warranty being "void".

Lightning strike a long shot but a very close one can "kill", "effect" electronics, it does happen. Long story but farmer living in hilly area, strange fault on golf diesel, VW checked over, nothing wrong.

Month later happened again, I found nothing wrong.

Two months later happened again, car towed in.
Battery flat, removed, charged, refitted, lots of sparks, everything off but large load somewhere, measured, 32 Amps load, diesel, heater plugs on, heater plugs relay contacts "welded together". I asked "you live high up in hills ? (Yes) we had one hell of a thunder storm last night ( yeh, we had a close lightning strike again ) " penny drops clang!

Locally we now live high up in mountain area, very very very close lightening strike, next day lads car won't start, starter motor seems "stuck", sharp tap, it works again but has been troublesome since. Think what yiu will.

Bike stored in shed and under cover and run up at least once, good.

Using your info, spares list shows key fob battery ?

Ok, try switching on and off ignition say 20 times, this may "clean" a possible ignition switch doddgy internal contact.

Report back after this has been done......

bikenut
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:15 - 21 Feb 2021    Post subject: T Reply with quote

Hi again Kate, any joy, even a flicker in the dash ?

Does your bikes handbook mention any fuse ?, Alarm/immobiliser system ? Key fob battery ?

Special procedure for battery removal/refitting ?

Post a picture of the ignition key, mask the metal part so no numbers etc. are visible.

Is it a "flip out" type of key ?

Over...

bikenut
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:16 - 21 Feb 2021    Post subject: T Reply with quote

Hi again Kate, any joy, even a flicker in the dash ?

Does your bikes handbook mention any fuse ?, Alarm/immobiliser system ? Key fob battery ?

Special procedure for battery removal/refitting ?

Post a picture of the ignition key, mask the metal part so no numbers etc. are visible.

Is it a "flip out" type of key ?

Over...

K80
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 13:55 - 21 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted under workshop for mechanical solutions, not gossip and/or for pleasure of people unfamiliar with the problem.
I can work on cars without much input from anyone, so let's get to actual stuff rather whatever is being discussed above.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:34 - 21 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry mate but why are you not having this dealt with under warranty? Your extreme avoidance of having the manufacturer deal with it is pretty suspect and that you're not giving us a full story.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 15:17 - 21 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

K80 wrote:
Posted under workshop for mechanical solutions, not gossip and/or for pleasure of people unfamiliar with the problem.
I can work on cars without much input from anyone, so let's get to actual stuff rather whatever is being discussed above.

Take it to the dealer and have them fix it under warranty.

Its a lot more effective than having a hissy fit at people on a forum who cannot fault find unless actually having access to the bike and a multimeter.

bikenut
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:20 - 21 Feb 2021    Post subject: T Reply with quote

Try fixing a Citroen, your skills will come in handy.

Your first test, where is the battery on an older picasso, you have 2 minutes.......

bikenut
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:06 - 21 Feb 2021    Post subject: T Reply with quote

Still googling ?

By the way, I imagine the bike has an electrical problem... :karma:

xX-Alex-Xx
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:11 - 21 Feb 2021    Post subject: Re: T Reply with quote

bikenut wrote:
Try fixing a Citroen, your skills will come in handy.

Your first test, where is the battery on an older picasso, you have 2 minutes.......

Trick question: it's a load of potatoes buried in the garden with a load of wires coming out of them.

K80
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 20:19 - 21 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol
Cute replies .. did I hit a nerve ladies? Laughing Cool Twisted Evil

bikenut
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:27 - 21 Feb 2021    Post subject: T Reply with quote

So you found the battery in the Citroen, mind telling us where it is ?

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:32 - 21 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like we have a bite....

K80
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 20:38 - 21 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

How cute can it get? Someone posts a comment and supercharged good for nothing ego massaging collaborators of pun limited to jap makers with a combined IQ of Citroën engine size jump on keyboard in their ranger suits. Lol

Alright thats enough fun, I'll go figure it myself, oh wait that is what I was doing until I got interrupted by tools still trying to figure electric machines.

bikenut
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:48 - 21 Feb 2021    Post subject: T Reply with quote

Take a look in the mirror dude....you may see something you don't like....

Anyways, where is the battery in the older picasso ?

Shall I quote your own words, nobody really likes humble pie.

Now you know why questions are asked...you have your petrol powered bike in front of you, but don't know where the fuse is, I wonder why ?

Go to lexmoto parts and find one, then you will know what it looks like. Please post a picture of it for us.

Did you find the picasso battery yet, should be easy for you......
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 35 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2