Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Honda vision NE50 mff

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

ray 316
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 18:30 - 11 Dec 2009    Post subject: Honda vision NE50 mff Reply with quote

This is my first post so hi everyone.
Anyway l have just bought a Honda vision moped today and all seemed fine coming home on it, running and engine fine, but when l got home and left it standing in the garage after a hour l could smell petrol fumes coming into the house. l went in the garage and had a look at the moped and it is dripping petrol from underneath at the back behind a black casing, it seems to be coming out of a small metal hole. Does anyone know what it could be , and if l have a look where to start. Thanks

Cigaro
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:07 - 11 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ray

Any chance you could take a picture of where the leak is coming from?

Cheers.

27cows
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:46 - 11 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably something very simple, like dirt in the carb. I had a Vision years ago (off road use only - great fun on muddy tracks Laughing ) but I can't remember whether or not it had a CV carb.

ray 316
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 22:13 - 11 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

l have'nt at the moment, but it's on the low left side and is inside a plastic casing. Any ideas what it could be, the fumes are entering the house even though the bikes in the garage. It is a slow drip of petrol Sick

ray 316
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 00:46 - 12 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know if the honda vision has a fuel turn off tap/switch so l can at least stop the fuel dripping out from the area around the carburettor. Also is there anywhere on here or any website anyone knows of where l can download a manual for this moped..

EnergyInducti...
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 01:15 - 12 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think it has an on/off switch, which makes me think that there may be a leak from the tank itself...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ray 316
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 12:27 - 12 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could do with some help and advice here guys if possible..
Faults which could cause the leak, where to look and what to do.
l will take a photo asap but in the meantime if anyone has had or has a honda vision has ideas it would be of great help. Or of course ideas from the bike mechanics/fanatics out there.

EnergyInducti...
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 16:48 - 12 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normally, The fuel is controlled by a vaccuum hose connected to the carb, This means that when the carb is sucked on by the intake stroke, it uses the sucking force to open a valve in the petrol tank, Now if this valve in your tank is faulty, It would cause petrol to constantly fill your carb, If your float is set wrong then the carb could easily overflow.
That is what I believe has happened
It might not be though =/ So dont hold me to it
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ray 316
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 20:09 - 12 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone l spoke to today also mentioned it could be a overflow pipe are they rubber or metal because it seems like the petrol is dripping out a metal piece near the carb.

EnergyInducti...
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 21:11 - 12 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

ray 316 wrote:
Someone l spoke to today also mentioned it could be a overflow pipe are they rubber or metal because it seems like the petrol is dripping out a metal piece near the carb.
Pipe is rubber, That metal piece, What does it look like? Does it have 2 pipes of similar diameter heading from it towards the carb?

ray 316
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 20:38 - 15 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

My honda vision has been left standing for the last few days and l went to inspect it today and have a go at finding the leak Sad anyway had a look in the petrol tank first this was empty because of the slow leak that had drained it away, good job l only put a small amount in. Anyway this plastic cover l mentioned l now know it's the cover for the air filter so l was going to take that off and inspect further but l cannot get this off . There are screws l can get to on the cover but some are higher up behind the side panel and l do not know how to get to them Confused does anyone know how l can get the air filter off , would the side panel have to come off. If it does has anyone done work on one of these before or know how l can do it.

ray 316
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 00:06 - 22 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

l need to get to the air filter behind the side panel just above the kick start, has any one worked on one before or knows how l can get the side panel off..

TUG
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:42 - 22 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi ray, a common thing to check for is that the carb float bowl drain screw is tight, they can work their way lose and casue a bit of problems. Failing that, i would imagine that your petrol feed is vacuum fed and the rubber hoses can become hard, simply cutting them back can fix your problems.

ray 316
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 08:25 - 22 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the ideas XlonewolfX the only problem is l need to get the side panel off to get to the air filter then the carb and the rubber fuel line..l dont know how to get it off HELP Crying or Very sad

27cows
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:33 - 22 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the panel lockable? I vaguely recall them having push on panels, but it was 25 years ago that I had my track Vision.

If you can't work out how it comes off, would recommend giving a Honda dealer a bell. They're usually helpful.

ray 316
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 08:44 - 22 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it's not push on panels 27cows, l think you are right l may have to give a honda dealer a bell as l'm finding it hard to get some info on line with the bike being a older one.. still looking for a manual on line to download , the only one's l've seen are where you have to join and pay more than to buy one. Confused

27cows
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:59 - 22 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a look round myself but you're right - there doesn't seem to be a free downloadable manual available.

A Honda shop should be able to tell you how the panel is fixed on and how to get it off. It has to be pretty straightforward, I would think.

Cigaro
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:36 - 22 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at the pic the panel looks like it may be one piece with the running boards. And it looks like there may be some bolts on the running boards to remove them.

Have you tried lifting the seat to see if there are any bolts there?

they can be hidden quite well.

Purplepill
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 15:42 - 24 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

The side panels only held on by a few bolts and a couple of tabs, first take the rear luggage rack thing off, and youl see how the two side pannels sort of 'overlap' at the rear with a couple of tabs...
Other than that its just a few bolts towards the front of the pannel/seat bucket... literally a five min job, the pannels are seperate to the running boards an thats all you need to do to access the filter housing/carb.

Im sure iv seen manuals around for my vision but its so simple i didnt really think it was worth it.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 14 years, 98 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1