Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Your best Motogp race 2009

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Oz.
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 18:58 - 26 Dec 2009    Post subject: Your best Motogp race 2009 Reply with quote

Soooo I am bored sh!tless and fed up of the rubbish thats on tv.So looking to download some stuff to watch... Now this year due to work commitments and what not, I didnt get to see much of the MotoGP although did make it to Donnington and had an awesome time.

Last year for me it was Laguna Seca with the Rossi and Stoner battle. So in your opinion what was the best race of the 2009 season?

DMan
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 19:18 - 26 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catalunya, Rossi overtaking at his best on the last corner!! Last 3 laps made the race Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Al
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:00 - 26 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me it was the Donington round, not only was it the last race at the track, but both Rossi and Lorenzo crashed, the grid was completely switched round. Elias lead the race for a while and it ended with a podium of Dovizioso, Edwards and de Puniet. It was a bit like the old days where half the grid were in with a chance of running up front, not just the top 4.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hDZeCzju5A

Although the last laps of Catalunya were exciting for the championship.
Apparently its the first time in 43 races that the winner was decided by a last lap pass, which as Rossi would say "For sure that is pretty fucking dull yes"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:04 - 26 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catalunya for me too.

Although for the riding spectacle, Philip Island is up there. The control Stoner and Rossi had they day was awesome.

Faldo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:28 - 26 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catalunya for me too, close call though as I was at the last Donny race and it was cool watching Rossi lap Stoner right in front of me, also that everyone in the lead ended up binning it in the wet. I was at Catalunya last year and it was a Pedrosa-fest (the battle between Rossi and Stoner was good though), I so wish I was there this year to see the Rossi-Lorenzo battle.

My rider of the year was probably Melandri though, riding an unprepared Hayate Kawasaki well and proving the point that he is actually a very good rider and that the Ducati is nigh on impossible to ride. Kudos should go to Stoner for being able to ride it and finishing 4th depsite a bad tyre decision at Donny and missing 3 races.

Al
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:11 - 26 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was only a few years ago that Melandri was right in the title race on a non factory honda.
I reckon with him back on a decent bike next year he'll be about the only rider that has any chance of beating the big four.

Still his move to Ducati has got to go down as a pretty awful career move, almost as bad as Hopkins move to kawasaki.

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 03:08 - 27 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laguna for that last lap, Shocked WHen my mates ask about bikes and bike racing I show them that.

Oz.
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 12:00 - 27 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Donnington was awesome this yeah, we were stood right up against the fence about 10/15 metres from starkeys bridge, view was awesome of them coming out the curves and through the hair pin and hearing them full on the power as they were coming out.

So it looks like Catlunya has the most votes so far, guess I had better go download it.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 14 years, 116 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1