Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Show us yer musick....

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  

mistergixer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:46 - 06 Mar 2010    Post subject: Show us yer musick.... Reply with quote

I know there's quite a few aspiring musicians here on BCF, here's your opportunity to let the BCF massive feel the fibre of your fabric.

Here's the rules:

List your equipment - software & hardware.

Post up one (or more) of your tunes - either as an attachment or a link.

Give a bit of detail about yourself & influences.

I'll go first:

Equipment - FL Studio 9, M-Audio Oxygen 25, Korg Nano Kontrol.

Tune - Trautman rescues Rambo from Dubland

Bio - Pissed about with music since my early teens (late 80s early 90s), played various instruments (badly) in various bands. Got interested in electronica (Aciiiiiiiiiiiid, ambient, digital roots, early junglist etc) and was using an Amiga for sequencing and midi control. Sold it all when i fell on hard times.
Fast forward 15 years - the bug bit me again (mostly through reading a few posts on BCF about 'what sequencer' etc), got FL Studio, got a couple of bits of cheap Midi gear to make life easier ('playing' on the pc keyboard is shit).
I've had FL for about a couple of months now, still learning it and discovering new features. The attached tune is about the first 'finished' track i've laid down - the majority so far have been piss about experimentations.

Your turn now.........
Space Monkey #7
Don Eladio is dead. His capos are dead. You have no one left to fight for. Fill your pockets and leave in peace. Or fight me and die!
Mistergixer's videos on YouTube
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

GhostRider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:23 - 06 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm ok, well these are just two that were thrown together at some point, funnily enough they don't really reflect my style of music (Heavy Metal) but hey ho.

My problem is I record snippets of things if I get an idea, thinking I'll come back to it, then I get more ideas, record snippets of that and before you know it I have a folder of things that are mish-mashes that I either can't remember recording or forgot how I was playing them. Others I do then think I will put a drum-track to them, then realise I really should have done the drum track first haha.

These aren't very good by any standard, but I could give a fuck less, they were done in one take and I weren't looking to release an album just yet Mr. Green

Anyways, recorded using a Digitech GNX3 pedalboard and a behringer USB/PC interface, using a Dean ML or B.C Rich NJ series guitar. Audacity was used to record whatever I was playing.

I can post more shite if one feels the need to be entertained.

GhostRider
I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.

Asharin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:37 - 06 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay I'll bite Smile

My equipment is My Quad core PC, software I use is Renoise, Reaper and various VST/i's.

Not done any music for about 3 years now, had dental surgery and lost the desire/motivation while I couldn't sing (not that I was any good anyway!) I can only come up with snippets now, never finishing any. Here is a link to one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhtXieHK7RQ
True Friendship, one of the less doom and gloom ones. There's a few others in my youtube channel too.
Excuse the crap sound quality I'm not the bext at mixing, and youtube messes it up further

Like mistergixer above, I too started out using an Amiga, I used Soundtracker and later Octamed. Progressed onto a PC and Fast Traacker2 then gave up for years. Started again in 2005/2006 for a year then took a break again Smile

mistergixer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:58 - 06 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

GhostRider wrote:

My problem is I record snippets of things if I get an idea, thinking I'll come back to it, then I get more ideas, record snippets of that and before you know it I have a folder of things that are mish-mashes that I either can't remember recording or forgot how I was playing them.

I think that's the joy of these new fangled PC thingies - with the Amiga, i was so limited to both processing and storage, that i simply couldn't keep all the little offshoots that did nothing for the current project, but might have gone somewhere if they'd been revisited separately.
Now, i keep everything like that - it might be an arpeggio, or a few chords or an unexpected sampled sound/loop. I just file it all away for a rainy day and check back on it every now and then.

asharin wrote:

Octamed

I've given you Karma for that - i've been racking my brains for weeks to think of the name of the Amiga software. Think i might give it a google to see the specs. Setting up midi on it was a feckin' nightmare as i recall. Nowadays it's so simple, usb cable and a few clicks of a mouse sorts it. Magic!

Keep the tunes coming too - whilst they might not be to my particular taste, it's interesting to hear them.

Thumbs Up
Space Monkey #7
Don Eladio is dead. His capos are dead. You have no one left to fight for. Fill your pockets and leave in peace. Or fight me and die!
Mistergixer's videos on YouTube
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Asharin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:10 - 06 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistergixer wrote:

asharin wrote:

Octamed

I've given you Karma for that - i've been racking my brains for weeks to think of the name of the Amiga software. Think i might give it a google to see the specs. Setting up midi on it was a feckin' nightmare as i recall. Nowadays it's so simple, usb cable and a few clicks of a mouse sorts it. Magic!
:

Never used midi on the Amiga, don't now either, aside from using a midi keyboard as entering notes on a pc keyboard is a pain Smile

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 17:16 - 06 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

KLR600 of here is pretty damn talented.

Big fan of this song of his since I downloaded it, and IIRC he did /everything/ himself. Wrote, sung, played and edited etc.
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 21:06 - 06 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's brilliant that farewell track, an I'm a trance head myself.

I've been dabbling with production on and off over the past few years, not particularly well but it's still interesting.

Bought myself an Oxygen 61 midi controller keyboard and forked out on a new rig 6 months ago.

Hardware:

Antec TruePower Quattro 850W Modular PSU
ASUS P7P55D Pro Motherboard
Intel CPU Core i7 975 3.33GHz (overclocked to 4ghz)
8gb Oz 1066mhz DDR 3 Ram
VTX3D Radeon HD 5870 1GB Graphics Card
Asus Xonar D2 Soundcard - 7.1 Ultra Fidelity With Complete Dolby DTS
Corsair Reactor 120gb Solid State HDD
4 x Maxtor 500gb Sata ll HDDs

Liquid cooled with custom modded case.

Oxygen 61 Midi Keyboard
https://www.bg-audio.com/hardware/midi_controller/oxygen61_f.jpg

Software:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64x running on the solid state HDD
FL Studio 8
Reason 3
Nexus 2 VST mainly used

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:58 - 07 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if i want to list everything Embarassed
Overview of gear :
Quick PC
Lots of software
Lots of hardware/instruments
Smidgen of talent

Done bands and even dabbled in folk Shhh!
Self taught and used to write songs.
Dislike performing now, even amongst family&friends
I don't really aspire, i kinda hit record when i get the vibe.
Everything is improvised. Layer upon layer.
Eclectic tastes, so plenty of ideas, but it consumes me.(and time)

Have some stuff on myspace so i won't clutter Korns new server.

For punky/rock stuff try : 6 Toes, Dirty Little Habits, Barry Sheene's Dead & Kill the Killer(inspired by an animal killer i worked with Laughing )

For Folky stuff try Best Bastard & Missed the 60s

Repetitive beats try Fathers for Justice

and i had a go at Rap Rolling Eyes #2 in No. 10
[edit] Don't tell my daughter but here's one we did together.

Pat
Link in Sig Wink

slyrob
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 02:13 - 07 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh alright go on then! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Loft-Daddy/30144564645
thats my bands facebook page there are 5 songs (our new ep) on there to listen to and a few vids although we have had personnel and material changes since the vids! erm in terms of software and that, its mainly pro tools. Apart from vocals we recorded as a live band in a disused victorian school building so all one takers hence the occasional messyness. Im doing most of the guitar work and all the strings are me! and second vocals Shocked since the band line up changed. Guitars and shizzle i used on it are 57 re-issue strat, grestch electromatic, boss GT-8 pedal and fender deluxe amp. For intellectual/interesting try dream, for pop/rock try words or history of the future simple a bit heavier try endless opinions good or bad are welcome Laughing

KLR600
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:02 - 08 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonny wrote:
KLR600 of here is pretty damn talented.

Big fan of this song of his since I downloaded it, and IIRC he did /everything/ himself. Wrote, sung, played and edited etc.

*blushes* Embarassed

Almost correct! If I could sing like that I would do, I did everything else on that track apart from the singing though and it's good to know you're still listening to my stuff Razz

GhostRider wrote:
My problem is I record snippets of things if I get an idea, thinking I'll come back to it, then I get more ideas, record snippets of that and before you know it I have a folder of things that are mish-mashes that I either can't remember recording or forgot how I was playing them.

^^^ This x1000 ^^^

I've got over 6 years of stuff that I've started and not finished with the intention of going back to but never get around to it. I annoy myself because I really want to sing on my stuff but I can't write lyrics to save my life and my voice isn't good enough to front a band but I sing on it anyway then get annoyed it's not as good as it could be!

I find the only stuff I finish these days are songs I write for jokes or to play tricks on people. I went with a few mates on a mini roadtrip to some skateparks last year and I wrote a song about one of the guys being gay and he was so confused when it come on the mix CD we made for the trip and it was hysterical at the time as he just couldn't figure it out. I wrote another song (attached, Going to Canada ooer *resists making a massive list of excuses as to why it's not a polished uber produced track...*) for my friend who's gone to Canada for a year mountain biking because he likes my stuff and I wanted to give him a parting gift but was broke at the time.

I'm finding my inspiration is dwindling so much these days, when I was younger I could bang a few ditty's out a week but I'm lucky to get one or 2 a month these days but I think it stems from being jacked around so much in bands playing endless crap gigs and inter band politics, it just makes me not want to pick my bass up as much as I used to. Still, I can't imagine my life without music so I'll keep trying for a while yet Laughing

Gear: Semi quick PC running Cubase SX (whatever latest version I have acquired at the time). Usually my Ibanez Roadstar II through my Vamp II into my pc and my bass DI'd. I use Addictive drums and program them all myself because they never seem to have punk rock preset beats Crying or Very sad I'm longing for the day Travis Barker releases some kind of drum software! I have an SM57 for mic'ing stuff up and use a behringer valve pre-amp into my pc with that.

EDIT: Forgot the links!!!

www.thedeadbishops.com - Old band that is now de-funkt but the band I always want to be in and will never give up on. More of the Farewell type stuff there (just links to myspace).

www.myspace.com/thedeadlightspiral - Currently playing bass in this band playing gigs all over the UK and generally doing the whole scene thing. Recorded and pressed a limited run of a 6 track EP with my name on it and everything!

https://www.myspace.com/robertloughlin - Almost forgot about that one. Contains the first decent thing I ever wrote and still is my favourite thing I've written - Harmonics.

/band whoring

Hobes
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 11:34 - 08 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

One for the metalheads here: https://www.myspace.com/theagonyst

Only demo tracks on that page at the moment but still sounding pretty good for demo's though in my opinion. We have just re-recorded our 1st demo with a live drummer and are currently in the process of mixing those, although when the average song length is 5mins+ it takes quite a while! Confused

We kind of sound like the bastard lovechild of Meshuggah and Strapping Young Lad but there are plenty of other influences in there too, see if you can spot them all!

Also extra credit for anyone who can get their heads around some of the messed up time signatures!

As for gear, we always record the demo's round our bass players house on Cubase.

We use a Boss Dr.Rhythm drum machine for the drum tracks on the demo's, actually not a bad sounding drum machine and at times I think it's only the processed cymbal sound that gives it away.

Guitar wise we use Ibanez and Dean 7-strings, all running EMG's and we usually record the demo's using Line 6 Gearbox. We used to use POD's for recording but they ended up smashed and we quite like the interface on Gearbox, nice and simple!

Live we just substitute Gearbox for Vetta II and Spider heads. A lot of people don't seem to like Line 6 but it works for us so why fix it if it ain't broke.

As for bass equipment, not too sure what he uses to be honest, I don't tend to pay a lot of attention to basses!

I appreciate what we do is not to everyones tastes but hopefully it will tickle someone's gooch, any comments good or bad are appreciated.

Matt.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 14:53 - 08 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

this could be a massive fail or epic win Laughing

https://www.myspace.com/achaoswithin

no i dont do the screaming, i do the cack singing and the very low growls on 1 song...

influences are just the generic modern metal bands Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 14:55 - 08 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agonyst wrote:
One for the metalheads here: https://www.myspace.com/theagonyst

Only demo tracks on that page at the moment but still sounding pretty good for demo's though in my opinion. We have just re-recorded our 1st demo with a live drummer and are currently in the process of mixing those, although when the average song length is 5mins+ it takes quite a while! Confused

We kind of sound like the bastard lovechild of Meshuggah and Strapping Young Lad but there are plenty of other influences in there too, see if you can spot them all!

Also extra credit for anyone who can get their heads around some of the messed up time signatures!

As for gear, we always record the demo's round our bass players house on Cubase.

We use a Boss Dr.Rhythm drum machine for the drum tracks on the demo's, actually not a bad sounding drum machine and at times I think it's only the processed cymbal sound that gives it away.

Guitar wise we use Ibanez and Dean 7-strings, all running EMG's and we usually record the demo's using Line 6 Gearbox. We used to use POD's for recording but they ended up smashed and we quite like the interface on Gearbox, nice and simple!

Live we just substitute Gearbox for Vetta II and Spider heads. A lot of people don't seem to like Line 6 but it works for us so why fix it if it ain't broke.

As for bass equipment, not too sure what he uses to be honest, I don't tend to pay a lot of attention to basses!

I appreciate what we do is not to everyones tastes but hopefully it will tickle someone's gooch, any comments good or bad are appreciated.

Matt.

im liking the tunes Thumbs Up

Hobes
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 14:59 - 08 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

##Paddy## wrote:
im liking the tunes Thumbs Up

Thanks man, we've been getting some pretty good receptions so far. Also we got to play the unsigned stage at Bloodstock last year which was good fun.

I'll check your link out when I get home as I can't get on myspace at work.

Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 15:19 - 08 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agonyst wrote:

Thanks man, we've been getting some pretty good receptions so far. Also we got to play the unsigned stage at Bloodstock last year which was good fun.

I'll check your link out when I get home as I can't get on myspace at work.

Thumbs Up

wouldnt kill your ears mate Razz nah i like our style, i use an LTD 7 string, other guitarist has Schecter C1 HR with EMGs.

We happen to be doing bandquest on 19th March which could land us at bloodstock... BUT our style might get sh*t on big time.

Hobes
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 15:38 - 08 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

##Paddy## wrote:
wouldnt kill your ears mate Razz nah i like our style, i use an LTD 7 string, other guitarist has Schecter C1 HR with EMGs.

We happen to be doing bandquest on 19th March which could land us at bloodstock... BUT our style might get sh*t on big time.

Bloodstock is probably one of the most diverse festivals I've been to in a long time.

Any festival that has bands like Carcass, Satyricon on the same stage as Girlschool and Europe has got to be pretty diverse!

Still it's a good weekend and if it wasn't for the line up for this years Hellfest I may have gone again!

slyrob
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 16:10 - 08 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm not really a metaller but love the guitar work on centennial Thumbs Up

neil.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:19 - 08 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

asharin wrote:
Octamed

Bloody hell I started on that as well, well actually MED 1.12 which then became OctaMED 8 tracks instead of 4, whoop! I also had a MIDI interface for the Amiga that connected to the parallel port. Fun fun fun.

Hobes
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 18:14 - 08 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

slyrob wrote:
i'm not really a metaller but love the guitar work on centennial Thumbs Up

Thanks dude, that's probably one of our most popular tracks, and certainly one of the most challenging to play live.

The999Kid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:49 - 08 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Equipment - The Rose recorded in a professional studio, god knows what he used. i just sing it i dont pay attention to the equipment unless i have to.

Somewhere Along the Road - recorded on an iPod Touch, transferred to my ancient medion laptop, played through itunes.

Pieces
  • The Rose - Westlife
  • Somewhere along the road - Traditional

Influences - Russel Watson, Juan diego Florez, Jan Werner, David Cook

Dont judge me... Im really not that good...

Both Pieces in the zip file Smile
NDB 19/10/1989 - 1/11/2010 |Nowhere.Elyseum wrote: I get the distinct feeling that Tim should be our secret weapon for future trolling. I don't know many people that can rip the piss in Iambic pentameter

Shay HTFC
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:29 - 08 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the guys doing/interested in electronic music, try out https://www.hobnox.com/index.1056.de.html

Its got virtual beat machines, synthesisers, mixing decks, the lot which you can hook up together. Can do some seriously good stuff if you get the hang of it and know what you are doing.

Moonie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:30 - 09 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

My band, although our recordings are alot lighter than what we're diong now.

https://www.myspace.com/tanzlersplan

Would be funny to see which one people think is me for those who don't know.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 14 years, 41 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1