Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Aprilia RS 125 will not start help me please!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

longshanks
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 15:48 - 12 Mar 2010    Post subject: Aprilia RS 125 will not start help me please! Reply with quote

Hi all,

new to the site, im hoping someone can help me out

I bought an aprilia rs 125 x reg (2000) back in November, the bike started and ran fine, since then it had been sat in a bike shop til jan when it was motd which was fine.

My mate who was fixing it had to put new indicators on and pull all the wiring out which has since been put back, a manual choke was put on as the original would not work, the spark plug and ht lead have been replaced.

Now the bike will not start, there is fuel coming through, very strong spark from the plug and ive been told the air flow is ok?!

my mate had 4 guys trying to bump start it but it just will not go, it turns over so the batt is not dead, but the damn thing will not start

Has anyone any ideas? I havent even riden it yet and may be forced to sell it if i cant get it going

Please help!

Cheers

Laurence
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

dobby
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 16:01 - 12 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

first thing id do is check that all of the wiring has been re assembled correctly!!! other than that check you have fuel fow and a spark if you have these do a compression check on it to see if its low... do you know if it has had the piston rings changed like aprilia reccommend at 9000.... Question Question
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

dobby
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 16:05 - 12 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

also check that the kill switch is on or that he has commected it propperly... does the bike turn over but not start or doesnt it even turn over??? Question

longshanks
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 16:10 - 12 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

My mate has put the wiring back properly, the kill switch was taken off but still no luck, so put back on, no service history with the bike when purchased so not sure on the piston rings, it has 13000km on it

yes it does turn over but just wont start, my mate thinks it could be the cold?!

dobby
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 16:14 - 12 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

even cold it will still start with the choke.... just checkthat you havent flooded it whilst youve been trying to start it.... remember aswell wen cold try not to use the trottle when starting it... where abouts are you i looked on map and you are not that far from me...

stirlinggaz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:33 - 12 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,
what sort of manual choke conversion has been done?
is it the flip up type?
you did use the original choke piston part though? + not the bit supplied with the manual kit? (im pretty sure there are 2 different lenths available & perhaps your using the wrong one?)
i find it strange that you had to do that in 1st place.
i have only ever had to do that once, & that was because i was fitting a 38mm mikuni carb.
the rs can be a pig to start, especially in the cold.
even more so if its not been started for a while.
make sure the battery is fully charged. (dont rely on the bikes lcd, there pretty unreliable)
one last thing, after attempting to start it, have you taken the spark plug out, to see if it is wet?
might as well get another spark plug as well, BR9ES/EG,
cheers,
GAZ
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 14 years, 20 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1