Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Go-Kart Pics...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

hopoffbaby
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 10:27 - 31 Oct 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

!BUMP!
have u gave up on the go kart then?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 11:08 - 31 Oct 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too busy with other things at the moment to do any proper work on it. Relax, it's not been abandoned Smile

Demonic69
The Pink Rhino

PostPosted: 11:13 - 31 Oct 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korn wrote:
Too busy with other things at the moment

Rockets and explosives?? Very Happy

G1_
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:04 - 18 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korn wrote:
Too busy with other things at the moment to do any proper work on it. Relax, it's not been abandoned Smile

*Bump*

Get back to work Razz
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

hopoffbaby
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 23:30 - 18 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah
Chris This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

The BeefMeister
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 18:41 - 04 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris wrote:
i have got a wid with a go-kart with a huyabosa engine! or was it a suzuki gsx-r engine i wasnt sure ! Sad

Show us then! Razz

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 18:47 - 04 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

A hayabusa is a GSXR-1300 Rolling Eyes

Any photos/ details?

kev
I Hump Things

PostPosted: 19:20 - 04 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its more than likely the gixer 1100 one.
20:02:36 Jammy-R6: any holes a goal
20:02:48 kev: even if its a hairy mans arse
20:02:56 Jammy-R6: hell yes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The BeefMeister
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 20:18 - 04 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you haven't got the skill with metal work.

Why not try with plastic. Laughing

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 12:43 - 05 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

No its not. Its a GSX1300R. Rolling Eyes

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 14:12 - 05 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pah Razz

It's a minor details and everyone knew what I meant Smile
Chris This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Dr Nick
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:37 - 06 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

McJamweasel wrote:
Ste wrote:

No it is a GSXR1300R

The GSX1400R is a muscle bike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 22:49 - 06 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, its the GSX1300R. Rolling Eyes

Have a look at the Suzuki website

zaknafien

PostPosted: 02:35 - 07 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

wr400f wrote:
McJamweasel wrote:
Ste wrote:

No it is a GSXR1300R

The GSX1400R is a muscle bike

/me sniggers.

Demonic69
The Pink Rhino

PostPosted: 19:11 - 07 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

McJamweasel wrote:
No, its the GSX1300R. Rolling Eyes

Have a look at the Suzuki website

But it's always gonna be a Gixxer, not a Gixx1300r Razz
The old VFR750 was really the VF750R but no-one cared

rossi_46
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 16:08 - 14 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, i want see this thing, just followed the 4 pages.

Last edited by rossi_46 on 13:31 - 20 Jan 2004; edited 1 time in total

bikedudextrm
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 22:51 - 15 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just checked out all this thread and that kart is looking good, you lot are very talented to end up results like that, i could'nt even make something close to that, it all looks very professional. Cant wait to see more. Some one earlier mentioned a BCF DVD, can some one explain to me about this, whats its going to contain, where can i get it from etc. Cheers and good luck with the project.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Deano
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:16 - 16 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres a 3 minute preview in the video section.
You can't miss it because in the video thread is titled BCF vid.
Dean Stone #777
EMRA 2012 final standings, Formula 600s 3rd, Superstock 600s 3rd.
www.triplesevenracing.co.uk: www.ljmotorcyclerepairs.co.uk www.gettaylored.co.uk BN RaceScience, Now officially run out of money to carry on racing Sad

ifeelqueasy
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 21:42 - 24 Mar 2004    Post subject: gsx-r 750 Reply with quote

I've got a GSX 750 motor just waiting to power a 'kart. But I'm torn between on- and off-road designs, so I'm moving towards a modular 'kart. It would have the engine, seat, pedals, etc all mounted on rails (something like what you guys have) and the front/rear wheels/suspension would be interchangable.

Another idea is to offset the rails in relation to the wheels, so that the main part of the frame is shifted to the right some, and mounting the seat tilted and next to the engine (like the gsx1100 kart)

What I want to know is why you are using the *huge* metal tubing you have (at least it looks huge, whats the actual size?) instead of something a little smaller.

Right now I'm just brainstorming, but I'm hoping to start work sometime in April.

Thanks

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 23:23 - 24 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's 40x40 square, some 4mm thick (the two long axis beams mainly) and other bits 3 and 2.5 mm depending on their importance. It's our first kart so a lot of it is probably going to be much thicker than it needs to be, but we're really newbies to this Very Happy

With the motor you've got I'd definitely go off road - maybe something beefy like this:
https://www.tonysbuggypage.btinternet.co.uk/garden_front_left_l.jpg

I've got some rough designs for something similar from a while back, before we decided to just build a track kart. All round independent suspension, all round disc brakes, cage of beefy tubing and a big torquey engine. Muchly cool Cool

Hopefully ours will make some headway soon, we've now sourced the front stub axles & brackets and aquired a bandsaw. Though after being stood abandoned in the garage over winter it needs a good going over the exposed chassis to clean up the corrosion and the engine could do with being started. Fingers crossed.

ifeelqueasy
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 06:45 - 25 Mar 2004    Post subject: go kart Reply with quote

At first I thought that was your kart, thinking "damn, its come a long way." That is a pretty bad-ass kart though. However, if you check out the pics of it it action https://www.tonysbuggypage.btinternet.co.uk/buggy_in_action.html, the front suspension looks like it could use another A-arm.

Also, thats way more complicated than a road kart. I'm pretty new to this as well, although I did have a 10hp kart I ripped my arm open on (engine too far back, no steering, hit a bump, front went up, arm went behind seat, came back missing a chunk of flesh. i think it hit the chain, but i'm not sure. no blood anywhere on the kart) I didn't do much of the building on that. I considered using the frame, then looked at it again, and scrapped that idea. Bad memories Wink

As for the steel sizes, I guess that seems pretty reasonable. I had to get out a ruler so I could visualize it, I'm not too good with the metric system (although I prefer it heavily from using it in chemistry class). Square tubes seem to be the way to go, I think I'll save round tubes for my next kart. Now I've got to visit a steel shop and see how cheap I can get pieces to play around with (well, its that or another trip to the dump to see what I can get for free Very Happy)

Thanks for the ideas!

ifeelqueasy
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 16:52 - 26 Mar 2004    Post subject: gsx 750 Reply with quote

on second thought, i was talking with my brother in law last night. The engine is actually *his,* so I figured I should run any plans past him first. He said the engine should get about 105hp (its pretty recent, electric fuel injection and everything), and the best thing would be an off-road kart. So now I'm trying to find the frame of my old RC buggy so I have something to model off of. In the meantime, I'm looking for an old 2-wheel drive toyota pickup to strip down and beat the shit out of :grin: He thinks I should put tractor tires on it, raise the clearence a little

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 17:03 - 26 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

105bhp offroad kart. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet. Thumbs Up Very Happy
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 6 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8