Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

super awesome turbo now in bits again

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 95, 96, 97 ... 102, 103, 104  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Pol Anorl This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

TQ
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 14:28 - 14 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume when you're finished you're going to do at least one power run on a dyno?

Are we going to have a sweepstake on BHP?

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 14:37 - 14 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

225hp.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 17:42 - 14 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

lllN30lll wrote:
If something needs powdercoating let me know mate, I'll throw it through JCB's 4 stage powdercoater.

Any colour you want as long as it is Yellow?

I know it is 3.5 years late but hey ho. Laughing

virus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:21 - 14 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris, throw up a parts list/engine spec so we can have a decent guess at HP?

Cheers
John
owned: 85 rat CG (sold), 91 GS500e (stolen), 84 gsx400f (scrapped), 81 z250 (siezed, siezed, scrapped), 83 cb250rs (sold), 84 gpz750r ratfighter (killed) 84gpz400 (sold), '80 cb650 ratfighter (wrote off) 95gsx6/12f ratfighter (killed) 91 xj900 (sold)
stinkwheel Well I just had my hands up a pigs fanny. Which makes your concerns pale into insignificance.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

CHR15
Turbo nutter bastard

PostPosted: 20:13 - 14 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

1216cc
8.8:1
forged pistons
forged rods
knife edged polished crank
1052 steel clutch with 2 stage lock up
stock gearbox
mistral engineering ported head on stock valves
108/108 timing
gsxr1000k2 tb's
siemens deka iv 630cc injectors
microsquirt v3 running v2xtra firmware
dyna 2.2 ohm coils with bosch 2 channel driver
gt2860 (not the rs version... yet!)
some sort of intercooler perhaps atw just as an interesting project
will probably start out around 15psi to be safe.

some of those things aren't relevant to power output.

before i really thrash it, it could do with new shells though.
_Iain_ This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

TwoWheelsDail...
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 15:16 - 15 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

im think its going to be very near 300. lets say 291rwhp

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 15:22 - 15 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

_Iain_ wrote:
Paddy. wrote:
225hp.

On 15psi of boost?

Nah.

I'm guessing at 275. A busa will run 300+ on 15psi of boost.

Said before he claimed all specs.

240hp.

virus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:47 - 15 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like the makings of 300hp there, nice spec BTW, how much did the porting cost? Im thinking of getting another bandit head to skim, port and cam until I can afford something a bit more boosted.

Cheers
John
owned: 85 rat CG (sold), 91 GS500e (stolen), 84 gsx400f (scrapped), 81 z250 (siezed, siezed, scrapped), 83 cb250rs (sold), 84 gpz750r ratfighter (killed) 84gpz400 (sold), '80 cb650 ratfighter (wrote off) 95gsx6/12f ratfighter (killed) 91 xj900 (sold)
stinkwheel Well I just had my hands up a pigs fanny. Which makes your concerns pale into insignificance.

hmmmnz
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:18 - 15 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm my mate has a similar spec bike less the worked head, at 15psi he is getting 240hp
so thats my guess as well

CHR15
Turbo nutter bastard

PostPosted: 21:18 - 15 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

virus wrote:
sounds like the makings of 300hp there, nice spec BTW, how much did the porting cost? Im thinking of getting another bandit head to skim, port and cam until I can afford something a bit more boosted.

i bought the head after to work had been done. it was about 250 off the top of my head.

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:28 - 16 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a bargain, as you can't really get much worthwhile head work on anything for £250.

Chris are you planning on running a boost controller and one possibly linked into the ECU for progressive boost and or gear dependant boost?

I assume that this is more important on a straight line competition bike than it is on a road machine, where a simple XXpsi spring could be used in the wastegate for keeping it light and simple.

CHR15
Turbo nutter bastard

PostPosted: 20:13 - 16 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

dunno about boost control yet. i have the abaility to run it, dont know if i will.

tried to fire it up tonight. made some very impressive bangs and blew the tb's off the engine a few times. also managed to backfire so hard it undid the bolt that holds the sprag clutch onto the crank lol.

i got pissed off with it so its been put to bed for today.

i was sat having a beverage and it occurred to me that i might have set the wrong tooth#1 offset.

tooth#1 is 80 clockwise degrees before tooth#tdc1 so i entered 80 into the offset. i think i should have entered 280 instead because your always supposed to measure from tooth#1 to tdc1 in the running direction of the engine which is clockwise.

which would explain the lulzy explosions / backfires because the plugs would be firing just after bdc exhaust on 1 and bdc compression on 4.

on the plus side theres no fuel leaks and it doesn't leak too much oil (for a bandit engine)

will play again tomorrow.

CHR15
Turbo nutter bastard

PostPosted: 18:14 - 17 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

i tried again today with the 280 degree setting and it just blew the tb's and undid the starter clutch again.

ive got a windowed ignition cover somewhere and a timing light so thats tomorrows job.

the only other thing is that the revs seem to jump around like mad when cranking and the 'sync' light flashes from red to green.

ive done like 2000 miles with that rotor / hall sensor so i dont understand why its playing up.

is it possible to wire a hall sensor in backwards?

spikenipple
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 19:37 - 17 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shouldn't have thought that they are polarised as it's simply picking up an electromagnetic pulse.

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 21:52 - 17 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I showed my girlfriend that video of the backfires on FB, I explained that you had built the majority of the bike yourself and had made many parts completely from scratch. Her response, "If he went to all that trouble why won't it start?" Laughing

CHR15
Turbo nutter bastard

PostPosted: 21:57 - 17 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can tell her its because i may have wired the vr sensor into the opto1 input channel and the signal is bypassing the vr conditioning circuit which is why its losing sync whilst cranking.

or it could be because she didn't make any goddamn sammiches yet.

Doovy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:20 - 18 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just seen a video of it running Shocked

CHR15
Turbo nutter bastard

PostPosted: 17:26 - 18 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

<< my face.

https://youtu.be/6DWMGIDdzwA

long way to go, but its a start.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 20:42 - 18 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huge amounts of win. Thumbs Up

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 22:14 - 18 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I just creamed...

CHR15
Turbo nutter bastard

PostPosted: 18:42 - 19 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/t1/q80/s720x720/60884_10151876549638365_931326236_n.jpg

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1/q81/s720x720/1526737_10151876549643365_1260635532_n.jpg

need some liners and some big pistons.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:27 - 19 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job so far Chris.
Always enjoy reading this thread. Thumbs Up

Can't believe you're actually going to pilot it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 20:24 - 19 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you get that all on video? The milling part Mr. Green
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 10 years, 98 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 95, 96, 97 ... 102, 103, 104  Next
Page 96 of 104