Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

125cc lets see your bikes

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Mumrah
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 23:51 - 31 Jan 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's nice to ride - that is, the two times I've been out on it. I have nothing to compare it to other than the YBR I was hiring at Camrider for the CBT. I didn't like that at all.

Sat on a YZR in a showroom and it was too big for me and didn't fancy getting into the lowering crap right now. Not for something I plan to have for three months.

I'm hoping Sunday will be rain free. I'll be zooming up and down the A10 getting my practice in. Probably best to avoid that road at all costs on that day! Very Happy

Why didn't you go for it?

R100ELL
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 00:18 - 01 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a year old one I looked at in my local Honda dealership, I went away to think about it and went back the next day only to be told it was sold about 30 minutes after I looked at it. Maybe wasn't meant to be.

Got my Cagiva now and so far no regrets as long as it stays reliable I'll be happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bikertom
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 22:57 - 06 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

My suzi the intruder (for sale) Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bikertom
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 22:58 - 06 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

My suzi the intruder (for sale) Sad

Ben90
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 00:15 - 07 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another YBR here!

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Ben90/2014-01-19140138_zpsf4628479.jpg

Those hateful nylon tyres are gone Mr. Green

simonjb
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 00:50 - 07 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben90 wrote:
Another YBR here!

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Ben90/2014-01-19140138_zpsf4628479.jpg

Those hateful nylon tyres are gone Mr. Green

What tyres have you got on that mate? Personally always preferred Michelin Pilot Sportys Thumbs Up

Ben90
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 11:51 - 07 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I heard that pilot sportys were the tyre to go for. Trouble is I couldn't find a good deal on them at the time and didn't want to wait and keep using the crappy nylons, so I got a great deal on Michelin Pilot Streets which don't have as many reviews but at least they're proper branded tyres. Even if theyre half as good as Sportys they'll be ten times better than the ones they're replacing, and at £80 supplied, fitted and balanced it was a steal!

simonjb
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 12:04 - 07 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben90 wrote:
Yeah I heard that pilot sportys were the tyre to go for. Trouble is I couldn't find a good deal on them at the time and didn't want to wait and keep using the crappy nylons, so I got a great deal on Michelin Pilot Streets which don't have as many reviews but at least they're proper branded tyres. Even if theyre half as good as Sportys they'll be ten times better than the ones they're replacing, and at £80 supplied, fitted and balanced it was a steal!

The streets are supposed to be good too! The main difference I think is that the streets are more rounded and designed for bigger-bike-like cornering; still the best range for the YBR, good choice!

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 12:39 - 07 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sporty's have been discontinued. Streets are where its at now.

djrikki
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 13:13 - 07 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i.imgur.com/T55XiPh.jpg

Thought Id posted this already in this thread.

My CBR125 replacement from Honda. Back tyre looked flat in the pic as it had a nail hanging out of it at the time (found out when I got home).

Love the wee thing and trying to get as much ride time on it as poss just now.

simonjb
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 13:37 - 07 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
Sporty's have been discontinued. Streets are where its at now.

I did not know that Shocked

Well guess my next set will be streets then Wink

1cyl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:03 - 07 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice clean bike there DJrikki.

Just for contrast........

https://p1.bikepics.com/2014/02/07/bikepics-2639673-800.jpg

And thats after they'd been washed by the rain for a week Laughing

Last edited by 1cyl on 18:10 - 07 Feb 2014; edited 4 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ben90
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 18:04 - 07 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good post Paddy, that'll explain why I couldn't find any! Or the ones I did find were £130 for the pair Neutral

Does that make me a tyre hipster? I bought Streets before they were cool Mr. Green Thumbs Up

Learnatic
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 00:38 - 08 Feb 2014    Post subject: Original condition RD & TZR125's Reply with quote

My little monsters.....original bodywork/paintwork

Suffice to say I'm reet chuffed them! Very Happy

TZR125 1992 Full Power YPVS
_Iain_ This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

sabian92
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:45 - 09 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 57 plate YBR. Bought it on the 1st of Feb, currently in for a service as the mong who owned it before decided that the 7000 mile service wasn't needed and put another 2500 miles on it before selling it Rolling Eyes

That being said though it is in reasonably good nick, bit of rust here and there and that's it. Starts on the button (mostly Laughing) came with heated grips (that he's had wired directly to the fucking battery Rolling Eyes)

https://i.imgur.com/QRvuxTm.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/S2z3j6h.jpg

Here's mine and my brother's YBR. His is a 2013 one though. He's behind, mine's in front.

https://i.imgur.com/Mun51ev.jpg

Alpha-9
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:22 - 09 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

The newer model ybr looks worse
That red stripe is dumbb Thumbs Up

Ben90
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 16:34 - 09 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Serious lack of chrome on the 2013 as well. Flavour of the month I guess. The stock tyres never changed though!

Love that exhaust on the '57 plate Cool Simple and shiny.

simonjb
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 16:51 - 09 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alpha-9 wrote:
The newer model ybr looks worse
That red stripe is dumbb Thumbs Up

Completely agree, they've also tried to add more fairing that looks a bit out of place on a naked bike like the YBR!

Ben90 wrote:

Yeah it does look pretty awesome, if I wasn't saving for an A2 test course for next September, I'd have gotten a different can for mine!

sabian92
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:00 - 09 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben90 wrote:
Serious lack of chrome on the 2013 as well. Flavour of the month I guess. The stock tyres never changed though!

Yeah, there's not much shiny on it although it's not all bad as it's less to stop rotting I suppose Laughing

It's an aftermarket exhaust as the original "disintegrated" apparently. It has been kept outside or in a damp garage though.

Not looked too closely at it but it's unbranded from what I can see - I suspect it's just a cheap one that was fitted as the old one would have failed an MOT.

simonjb wrote:

Yeah it does look pretty awesome, if I wasn't saving for an A2 test course for next September, I'd have gotten a different can for mine!

Sounds not too bad either Very Happy I've already managed to get small kids to cover their ears with it Laughing I actually feel pretty bad about that, I hate loud bikes even now as an adult.

I'm waiting for the warmer weather and I'm going to scrub it to within an inch of its life with the rust and the like and hammerite it. Both stands are rusted (rather badly actually) so I might even replace those if I can find a decent pair in a breaker's yard or cheap online.

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:40 - 09 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've already pimped my 125 around these forums like a tart, but got a pic of shinyness taken when I last cleaned it in November Embarassed

17,000km and 2.5 years old.

https://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w559/pigeon35/Random/20131104_093241resized_zps90688773.jpg

Ben90
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 22:42 - 09 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

That AJS has aged remarkably well. Goes to show what regular care can do. I'm sure there are a few unlucky CBF owners seething at the sight of that photo Razz I was looking to buy one of these as they're great value and the biking school I learned at had them too and swore by them.

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:47 - 09 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben90 wrote:
That AJS has aged remarkably well. Goes to show what regular care can do.

Particularly as the bike has suffered at my hands and irrational need to tinker. Thankfully the BCF Massive have stepped in more than once at The Workshop and shown me the right way Smile

For the first 1.5 years the bike was outside 24/7 I did get a cover, but it was too small and only fit over the bars/mirrors and the rear top box plate. So more of a tarp effect. But maybe having the air flow helped.

The bike is made to a price, I think they sell in China for circa £600, so you can't expect miracles. But for what it is, it's been brilliant, put a smile on my face and made for a memorable 2013 Smile

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:51 - 10 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can clearly see the lineage from the S3 V-twin. Mr. Green

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:55 - 10 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit of vajvaj for the fans of slowcore -

https://i1365.photobucket.com/albums/r751/trevor_machine/8b8c26cf-ade7-4ef9-9abc-8a48cdbae78d_zps4c629199.jpg?t=1392015200

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 10 years, 71 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 26 of 36