Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

125cc lets see your bikes

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:09 - 11 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats with the tractor rear tyre? Presume they are really comfortable (for a 125)?

I saw a Chinese 223cc version was available over here, had me tempted a little for when my 125 goes bang / rusts away.
Gone off that idea though.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:15 - 12 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rear tyre's just a gimmick really - it was first fitted to the Yamaha TW125 / 200 a few years before Suzuki's VanVan came along (I actually prefer the TW, but they were never properly imported to the UK afaik). I am guessing the tyre size came from an off-road quad or trike originally - or at least some vehicle other than a bike. I can't think that Yamaha commissioned a manufacturer to design and develop a whacky sized tyre just for one small, comparatively inconsequential bike in its range.

Anyway, as a tyre for a small bike it's actually ace - looks aside. I don't notice that much difference in handling between the vanvan and other more normal shod 125s I ride and/or have ridden. And bion, you can actually tip into corners in quite a funny way. It doesn't mind at all. Then of course there's the comfort angle. That tyre combined with the massive seat (+ wide bars) add up to the most comfortable 125 ever made. Then again, it's so slow you really do need the comfort - cos you're on the thing so much longer than other bikes. Laughing

As for the Chinese Skyteam version yeah dunno how good that is. Apparently the 250 isn't much better than the 125, so they say.

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

simonjb
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 15:40 - 12 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha wrote:
As for the Chinese Skyteam version yeah dunno how good that is. Apparently the 250 isn't much better than the 125, so they say.

It churns out only a couple more HP than my YBR, and its got a lower top speed. Considering the YBR is not the most powerful 125, that's pretty bad, I would expect the fuel economy not to be great either whereas I've managed 128MPG myself!

sabian92
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:04 - 12 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonjb wrote:
trevor saxe-coburg-gotha wrote:

It churns out only a couple more HP than my YBR, and its got a lower top speed. Considering the YBR is not the most powerful 125, that's pretty bad, I would expect the fuel economy not to be great either whereas I've managed 128MPG myself!

Today in a headwind I managed a dizzying speed of 45mph Laughing It then became a sidewind, then a tailwind, then another sidewind....

I was screaming along in 4th because in 5th and wouldn't even maintain speed, never mind accelerate.

Not ridden a motorbike in wind like that - it isn't an experience I'd like to repeat Laughing That and I got drenched. I also found out my waterproof Alpinestars Andes TOURING pants don't have waterproof pockets. My 3 month old phone also found out Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes In the rain for 15 minutes in pants designed to be toured with and I got wet legs through the pockets. Not a happy bunny for 150 quid pants.

Last edited by sabian92 on 16:05 - 12 Feb 2014; edited 1 time in total

blurredman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:04 - 12 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:
Whats with the tractor rear tyre? Presume they are really comfortable (for a 125)?

I saw a Chinese 223cc version was available over here, had me tempted a little for when my 125 goes bang / rusts away.

The vanvan's had that style rear tyre since the 70's.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

simonjb
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 16:48 - 12 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

sabian92 wrote:
Today in a headwind I managed a dizzying speed of 45mph Laughing It then became a sidewind, then a tailwind, then another sidewind....

I was screaming along in 4th because in 5th and wouldn't even maintain speed, never mind accelerate.

Not ridden a motorbike in wind like that - it isn't an experience I'd like to repeat Laughing That and I got drenched. I also found out my waterproof Alpinestars Andes TOURING pants don't have waterproof pockets. My 3 month old phone also found out Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes In the rain for 15 minutes in pants designed to be toured with and I got wet legs through the pockets. Not a happy bunny for 150 quid pants.

Ouch! I wouldn't ride in wind like this, got some decent textiles but 80 MPH gusts here, I'd probably end up being on the wrong side of the road quite often or in the gutter! Even with a heavy headwind I can usually manage 50, or if I'm going up a steeper hill.

I'm fitting a 13t front sprocket when I get the chance (original is 14t) to try and get a bit more torque as I can't get it anywhere near the red line. If I can actually reach 60 with the new sprocket, its a success, as it won't have reduced the max speed I can get to, but made it a little easier to get there (and hopefully made it more nippy around town).

Edit: Oh and I currently have a pair of cheap armoured £35 textile pull over trousers from ebay, served me just fine Thumbs Up

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:09 - 12 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blurredman wrote:
Pigeon wrote:

The vanvan's had that style rear tyre since the 70's.

I think the front and rear tyres on the original RV125 were almost the same (and smaller than the rear on the remake).

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

Alpha-9
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:24 - 12 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wind was OTT today, got my CG back on the road, mudguard is broke and indicators hanging off, I use hand signals

Such a ghetto bike Laughing
Not even been crashed!

op:
https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1/1779114_10151962964252877_1249066393_n.jpg

sabian92
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:24 - 13 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonjb wrote:

Ouch! I wouldn't ride in wind like this, got some decent textiles but 80 MPH gusts here, I'd probably end up being on the wrong side of the road quite often or in the gutter! Even with a heavy headwind I can usually manage 50, or if I'm going up a steeper hill.

I'm fitting a 13t front sprocket when I get the chance (original is 14t) to try and get a bit more torque as I can't get it anywhere near the red line. If I can actually reach 60 with the new sprocket, its a success, as it won't have reduced the max speed I can get to, but made it a little easier to get there (and hopefully made it more nippy around town).

Edit: Oh and I currently have a pair of cheap armoured £35 textile pull over trousers from ebay, served me just fine Thumbs Up

Yeah, I wasn't really thrilled about it but it'd been in for a service and I needed to bring it home even to just lock it up outside and not ride it.

My entire drivetrain needs to be replaced as the sprockets are shagged and the chain is at maximum adjustment. I may go down to a 13t front sprocket myself as I don't get near the red line in 5th and I'm a fat bugger Laughing

R_Josh
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 11:19 - 13 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

My CBR, First Bike Very Happy.

https://i.imgur.com/hpBu1qj.jpg

got L plates on it now Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

swordheart
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 21:58 - 06 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fizzer Thou wrote:
swordheart wrote:
This is my 1977 Honda XL125, its a bit of a mess but it was the first bike I ever had back in 1980, I bought it to restore and to see if I could rebuild an engine, which is something I've wanted to do for years, needless to say it isn't going smoothly Laughing

https://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg579/swordheart/IMG_0878.jpg[/URL]

This was how the XL125 was portrayed in the Honda catalogue in its day Thumbs Up

https://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv23/WiNot_Rhencullen/Snaps/HondaXLBikes002.jpg

Excellent, do you have the original catalogue, i've been unable to find out if this is the K1 K2 or K3 now I know Very Happy Thumbs Up

sheriffHD
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 11:44 - 24 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, As of last week I got my first Bike. Only a 125 due to wanting something cheap that I can use so I no longer have to get the bus to and from work.
Had a choice of either a Hyosung GT125 or a Honda CG125. I chose the Hyosung. (I didnt put the suzuki stickers on that was prev owner)
https://i.imgur.com/4dk2GVN.jpg

Also been riding about with my camera on the fuel tank, Been sampling different places on the bike I can put the camera for a better look.
https://i.imgur.com/mlNd1xB.jpg

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 12:41 - 24 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOLOLOLOL Suzuki, dats a lie bro.

Remove those and embrace it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

sheriffHD
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 13:19 - 24 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont worry paddy, I plan on doing so. Want to repaint it too. WIll be doing some sort of orange and black digital camo pattern I think. As even after I upgrade wouldnt mind keeping this as a bike I can experiment on.

1cyl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:07 - 25 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good sheriff. Lol at the Suzuki wannabe.

I'd recommend splitting the dominators like on this actual Suzuki:
https://p1.bikepics.com/2011/12/21/bikepics-2319324-full.jpg
Looks better I think and leaves a spare if you spill and crack/scar one. I'd always carry the spare bulb mind Thumbs Up

Note: Don't get any ideas from that anodised tat all over the place, it looks ghastly, as does the seat. The owner was a bell end to even consider such cheap blue filth Embarassed Shifty .
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

sheriffHD
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 09:29 - 26 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

slimc, I already have a spare set of domitors that came with a bike I owned previously to this. it never started nor worked so I stipped down what I could and sold it on, the few parts I did keep how ever was a rectifier wing mirrors and the headlights. Wanted to put the spare doms onto this bike as they are matt black and look better than blotchy chrome that it has currently.

Tamsin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:06 - 27 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v467/catflea/Mobile%20Uploads/20140327_095535_zpsnxxr6g96.jpg

purchased just yesterday Cool

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:22 - 27 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

MissTamsin wrote:
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v467/catflea/Mobile%20Uploads/20140327_095535_zpsnxxr6g96.jpg

The link doesn't seem to be working. Was it the CG?
https://smg.photobucket.com/user/catflea/library/cg125

Definitely in the best colour too Smile

RealAshGraham
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 20:55 - 27 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first post.. Been lurking a while though!

My Honda CBR, first geared bike after my old 'ped was embedded in-to the side of a Clio.

https://i.imgur.com/RJUThvM.jpg

sabian92
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:15 - 27 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, always wanted a CBR/YZR but at 5'11/16st I'd look positively fucking ridiculous on one Laughing

Top bike though Thumbs Up

Tamsin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:28 - 28 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:
MissTamsin wrote:

The link doesn't seem to be working. Was it the CG?
https://smg.photobucket.com/user/catflea/library/cg125

Definitely in the best colour too Smile

god knows what happened there...

attempt 2

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v467/catflea/cg125/1975075_10154018956075624_1980513735_n_zpsb6e6e76e.jpg

Saltire
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 01:22 - 28 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

sheriffHD wrote:
slimc, I already have a spare set of domitors that came with a bike I owned previously to this. it never started nor worked so I stipped down what I could and sold it on, the few parts I did keep how ever was a rectifier wing mirrors and the headlights. Wanted to put the spare doms onto this bike as they are matt black and look better than blotchy chrome that it has currently.

Quoted that rather than the pic. Question is, that looks big for a 125? I actually like the look of it despite the Suzi sticker.

orangepeeleo
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 12:55 - 28 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picked this up on Sunday, nothing but drama since lol

https://s22.postimg.org/kbydhix81/20140323_163337.jpg
imgupload

It fell over in the garden yesterday and the RH exhaust mounting bracket snapped in two, new one ordered.

Needs a right going over, which I kinda expected with a second hand HN125, once I've tightened everything (rear engine mount bolt fell out while I was adjusting idle speed the other day!) and replaced some bits it will do fine for a year or so til I do some further training Smile

I've set it up in the garden with no plans to go on it until I've been over everything.......this from someone who didnt even own as much as a screwdriver on Saturday! Smile

Alpha-9
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:12 - 28 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

orangepeeleo wrote:
Picked this up on Sunday, nothing but drama since lol

https://s22.postimg.org/kbydhix81/20140323_163337.jpg
imgupload

It fell over in the garden yesterday and the RH exhaust mounting bracket snapped in two, new one ordered.

Needs a right going over, which I kinda expected with a second hand HN125, once I've tightened everything (rear engine mount bolt fell out while I was adjusting idle speed the other day!) and replaced some bits it will do fine for a year or so til I do some further training Smile

I've set it up in the garden with no plans to go on it until I've been over everything.......this from someone who didnt even own as much as a screwdriver on Saturday! Smile

Sick

Hope you didn't pay much as that can quickly become a money pit!
hongkongpingpong125

orangepeeleo
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 21:56 - 28 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good owners forum and cheap parts, I have spent a bit of money since buying it but that money would have been spent whatever I bought as I had no tools at all lol

Once I get it scrubbed up and serviced it'll do me fine, I know it'll need work done but I consider this a learning tool for when I get my first big bike Smile

Between the lexmoto owners group (same bike as the vixen) on fb and the HN owners club I figured they are pretty solid if looked after and worth a punt.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 10 years, 30 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 27 of 36