Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

2011 BCF BBQ?!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> UK National Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 56, 57, 58  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

BCF BBQ FINAL DATES
Fri 8th July - Sun 10th July
38%
 38%  [ 18 ]
Fri 22nd July - Sun 24th July
44%
 44%  [ 21 ]
Fri 5th August - Sun 7th August
17%
 17%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 47

Simple
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:05 - 29 Jul 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

c_dug wrote:
The trx850 with the speed blocks is the sex, I think I fell a little bit in love with it Thumbs Up

So we need stickers for weed's hornet and this for my R1..

hmm?
https://www.mag-knight.com/images/06YZFR1_se_1sized.jpg

Blackwolf
Burgerfist

PostPosted: 21:20 - 29 Jul 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloodyhell! Gone quick!

Simple, how we looking for next years one at yours?

Simple
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:36 - 29 Jul 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it goes like this;

If some silly twat ( i mean general public, member of) were to call the fire brigade because we had an over enthusiastic BBQ for example, then we're looking at a big big price tag (in grands not hundreds) So; i've got in touch with the insurance company who I get my liability cover for working dangerous dogs, they say if we can stick to a few rules (like no open fire but a bbq is fine) etc then they will insure us for a weekend for £600. So there you have it.

Find £600 for the insurance (which wont cover if you lob your bike in the pond while p!ssed) it also wont cover pit bike/dirt bike sillyness.

In addition the grass is sold each year for two mows, so I need to contact the guy who buys the grass and see his view on this silly plan. He's pretty easy going (lets me drive on the grass as long as I dont rip it up)

I also need to get in touch with the solicitor and find out the ins and outs of holding an event and the impact it will have on any EU subsidies (the things which keep british farmers bouyant in a european market) we get.

The ideal location i also gated and locked at all times as it's shared access with a car dealership (yes odd, i know) so i'd be your jailer and we'd be locked in, this helps with insurance as not just anyone can pop in but if you kids decide you want a midnight rampage on the m6[reference to Titot's epicly straight route rideout from BCF BBQ 2011] I need to be around and have not gone on an 11pm rampage on the twisties)...

We need a date which doesn't clash with the two mowings or the olympics (lack of portaloos)

So... there oyu have it, we need £600 and I need to sift through a whole fek load of paper work to make try and limit any backlash,

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 22:26 - 29 Jul 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely reckon it's worth calling some 'rally fields' - these are used to holding events that include big fires etc.
There will be a cost, but reckon it could be done for less than the above (though possibly not much, but at least offering 'more' - ie big fire allowed, fireworks, etc.) Would have neighbours used to that sort of thing.

Bike Bunker
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:51 - 29 Jul 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

i understand its alot of effort to arrange a BBQ but 1 a year seems minimal....should get a few more inbetween i think :') Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 00:12 - 30 Jul 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Molly's one last year I believe was formulated after Alexio's day time one around the Hastings may day bike day thingamy.

Simple
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:09 - 30 Jul 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I didn't think £600 was too bad. If I were to do a car parking event for the Ricoh Arena i'd pay £700 just for one day. So there you have it, my insurance company think BCF can do less damage over a weekend than a field with 200 cars in it, is worth. lol!

NB the difference between a BBQ and a fire is that the BBQ is contained and we cook something on it. I have some pretty big foooking containers...

Plus glasto is cancelled next year so all you lot who are saving the silly money entry fee can donate that to the insurance, bish bash bosh, job's a goodun'...

Can't say I din't try, but unfortunatly we live in the U.K. which means as the landowner my dad and therfor I would be utterly backwards butt fecked through the courts if a muppet ran onto the M6 and got splatted or drowned in the pond or choked a chicken....or anyone elses and had a seizure... so I need to cover my arse.

alternatively we could open this up to the world and charge entry fee and make monies... I think that's more organising than I can be arsed with.

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:15 - 30 Jul 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we not just sign an insurance waiver?

waiver wrote:
If I get run over by a tractor, blown up by an epic bbq, drown in a pond, eaten by a pig, or butt-fucked by a horse I will not sue Simple or her father.

Signed

c_dug

Blackwolf
Burgerfist

PostPosted: 10:45 - 30 Jul 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

c_dug wrote:

waiver wrote:
If I get run over by a tractor, blown up by an epic bbq, drown in a pond, eaten by a pig, or butt-fucked by a horse I will not sue Simple or her father.

Signed

c_dug

TBH even if anything did happen noone would sue you, they'd be disowned from BCF Laughing

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 10:50 - 30 Jul 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately disclaimers are often worth very little when the deceased's parents employ a good legal team!
Simple wrote:

Plus glasto is cancelled next year so all you lot who are saving the silly money entry fee can donate that to the insurance, bish bash bosh, job's a goodun'...

Fallow year, but if you can provide well over 50 main music areas, big name musicians playing until 6am in a post apocalyptic paradise/distyopia (it is available to hire Wink, though shangrila is doing soemthing with the Olympics I believe.) As well as the circus fields, silly hippy stuff, good availability of intoxicants, tomato fight and much much more... you've got my £200 Wink.

Last edited by G on 10:52 - 30 Jul 2011; edited 1 time in total

Quote Me Happy

PostPosted: 10:52 - 30 Jul 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just go to a pre organised rally and not worry about insurance and have live music as well Very Happy

Chris750
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 17:11 - 30 Jul 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is the ride out video getting on?
I am interested in seeing this.

Bike Bunker
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:22 - 30 Jul 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris750 wrote:
How is the ride out video getting on?
I am interested in seeing this.

+1!!!!!!!
wheres the video!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 19:04 - 30 Jul 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITV2, now.

For those that want share in the glory of our great gift to Chris for his hospitality Smile.

Simple
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:31 - 30 Jul 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blackwolf wrote:
c_dug wrote:

waiver wrote:

Signed

c_dug

TBH even if anything did happen noone would sue you, they'd be disowned from BCF Laughing

Couldn't give a sh!t if you main yourself, personally, natural selection. It's more insurance incase the public call the fire brigade out and we are charged for their call out... in addition to you lot maiming each other.

So I'll top putting time and effort in seeing as it's not free no one is interested. So who's offering up their house for BCF BBQ 2012?

Chalky.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:33 - 30 Jul 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe at my farm at home, but timing would be key.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 20:04 - 30 Jul 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="G"]ITV2, now.

For those that want share in the glory of our great gift to Chris for his hospitality Smile.[/quote

Curious? What went on?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:38 - 30 Jul 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inexpensive Penis

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 21:11 - 30 Jul 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

WUT Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:15 - 30 Jul 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

So chris gets to see it again. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 01:22 - 31 Jul 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simple wrote:
So I'll top putting time and effort in seeing as it's not free no one is interested. So who's offering up their house for BCF BBQ 2012?

I think some investigation in to alternative fields is worth while personally. If nothing comes up, then maybe see if we can get a decent number of people to confirm they would be willing to cough up - but before that, I'd say don't go to any more effort, personally.
Big Thumbs Up for having done the investigation so far - more than most are willing to do!

Suspect it's going to be hard getting people to club together for that much - we had £115 in total donated for food/drink on the Saturday and that was hard work getting that. To be fair, we did end up a bit too much Alcohol (passed to the host, which seemed fair), though including breakfast, food was about right and all gone I think.
If people have to pay a load more on top of that for staying there, not sure it'll be economically viable really.
WannaBeDude This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Redundant). Unhide this post / all posts.

0l0dom0l0
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:15 - 31 Jul 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a slim possibility I could host this at mine but I will need a serious chat with my parents first. We've got a reasonable sized garden that will fit around 10 small tents and a large conservatory where people can sleep. Decent drive with enough space for as maany people will turn up.

Local supermarket where we can get eh goodies and they are some good roads near me too where we can have a good blat at reasonable speeds.

The only problem is I'm a bit south for most of you (hampshire, near basingstoke) so it will cost you a bomb in fuel!

Fireworks will probably be allowed within reason but we don't have anywhere to host a massive bonfire at the moment (unless my mum decides to give up her vegetable patch Laughing).

Its just getting the money to pay for stuff that's the hard bit as 300 (10 each from 30 people) won't feed, drink and firework 30 people.

As I said I'll have a chat with parents but they didn't say no to the idea when I suggested it previously so there might be a chance!

Bikes: 2007 Derbi GPR 50, 1998 Yamaha Fazer 600 (written off), 2002 Yamaha Fazer 600, 1994 CBR 600F, 2003 Triumph Daytona 600, Kawasaki ZX6R J1.....Current: 2006 Yamaha FZ6, 1998 Suzuki TL1000R and a Honda VFR 400 NC30.

Zeuky
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 08:50 - 31 Jul 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone would want to point me in the direction of a "free holiday give away" then I could empty my place of the folks Laughing

As we DO have a front garden fit for up to about 30 bikes, and a back garden fit for about 20 small tents max. Though my neighbours would probably have a heart attack at such a sight as you lot running a muck in my garden Wink

Then there'd be the issue of shit roads where I live Sad

Tell ya what, if I can somehow convince the maturities to either retire or take a weekend away, then we'd be set.
Though it's more likely I'd fart out a ringtailed lemur monkey...

WannaBeDude
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:35 - 31 Jul 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shit roads and muck in garden, i'm fucking in ! Smile
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 245 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> UK National All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 56, 57, 58  Next
Page 57 of 58