Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

rattling noise coming from scooter! HELP?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

matto224
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 19:45 - 25 Mar 2011    Post subject: rattling noise coming from scooter! HELP? Reply with quote

i have a piaggio nrg power 50cc

and on the left side by the kickstart theres a rattleing noise when idol Sad

in the pic its the bit inside which seems to be rattling and i dont know why it is?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nope.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:11 - 26 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your rollers could be shagged and therefore the variator is rattling. Open up the case and see if there is anything amiss. Check the fins on the vario, check the kick start gear and check the belt. If all seems well then whack some new rollers in there and report back.

matto224
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 11:15 - 26 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

hiya mate , well i went out n tryed to get the crankcase off n failed because the nuts are to tight for a 8mm spanner ,

but i started it and now it makes a horrible noise when it press the ingition n it starts.... kinda like a griding noise or somethings slipping

but the engine sounds alright thank god..

cheer
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bass2k8
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 11:25 - 26 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a similiar problem with my speedfight. What I did to fix it was replace the kickstart pinion gear, because it had snapped in half and was rattling like a bitch.

So when you get around to taking it off, check the pinion gear. I recommend getting a screwdriver that has replaceable ends. Its what I used.

matto224
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 11:29 - 26 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm the thing is im new to mopeds n i dont know much about them lol i think ill have to take it to a mechanic! :/

+ the bolts am tight as so i carnt get them off n i dont want to round them cuz ill be buggered then lol

matto224
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 13:10 - 26 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i have abit of an update

i spoke to the chap who i brought this off and he said the rollers am brand new and it carnt be the belt

so i think its the kickstart ,

im thinking i have to take the sidecase off and push the kickstart or virator back in and grease it all up ?

Mr. Green

bass2k8
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 21:16 - 26 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you take a video of the rattling noise so I can hear how it rattles, to see whether it sounds similiar to my situation. Make sure you place the cam near the transmission, and rev it a few times and let it idle. Thanks.

matto224
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 23:54 - 26 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

i will get a video on youtube tomorrow mate

bass2k8
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 00:01 - 27 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, keep us posted mate.

matto224
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 00:03 - 27 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

will do Smile

bass2k8
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 00:06 - 27 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

This forums is a really good place to discuss these kind of things, a couple of weeks ago I joined this forums and they've helped me identify a number of problems and solutions. I know nothing about scooters, just like you, but I'm learning Smile

matto224
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 00:13 - 27 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

same mate ive brought a piaggo nrg power write off.. got it cheap n decided to have a little project Smile

have had a few problems and i dont understand it but i will learn lol im also taking mechanics at college Very Happy

ur in the same shoes as me pal ! Thumbs Up

bass2k8
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 00:22 - 27 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh wicked, I got my speedfight pretty cheap. The owner said it was a burden to keep taking it in and out of the garage because it was in the way. It was originally his sons, but he didnt use it no more so its been sitting in a garage since 2001. So I got it cheap lol.

But when I took some of the body panels off I noticed that this bike has been in an accident before, because I could see cracks in the panels, and some burn marks. Also it was a bit obvious because the bike came along with some body panels in a box haha. Oh well, I got it cheap. But I've had so many problems with it.

Recently I been having problems getting my ped to go over 20mph because I get no power when accelerating... So I decided to clean my carb and now it doesnt even start. Check out my post here Smile You can also see my ped in the pictures in there Smile

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=217176

matto224
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 00:36 - 27 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes same i got my Piaggo for just a old play station 3 Wink its a cat C write off but it was only the plastics which seem to be damaged

but i'm starting to notice problems with it as well and i'm trying to sort them out bit by bit and i hope i will eventually have a fully working sweet moped ( touch wood )

and wow i'm impressed with the detail and effort you have put into that step by step guide ! nice work mate and i hope i can be doing that kind of work soon Very Happy

your moped looks sweet as-well Razz i'm hoping mine will look good when its all finished lol

and by the way how did you post those pictures and ill show you my moped now ?

bass2k8
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 02:21 - 27 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh nice, a straight up trade then haha Razz Trust me a ped is so much better than a games console Wink

I dunno what a Cat C write off is, but it sounds like its a ped thats had an accident and isnt road legal no more??

Haha good luck, what exactly is wrong with the ped anyway, is it just the rattling noise?

Haha thanks, When I have a problem with my ped I want to give as much detail as I can in order to resolve my problem Smile

I recommend getting a Haynes Manual for your moped, it tells you everything you need to service your ped Smile

Haha thanks, I love it so much Smile I am customising it bit by bit, to personalise it to my needs Very Happy

Oh I basically uploaded them to imageshack, then copy and pasted the link to the source image and put the img tags around the link. I will post some pictures of my ped and post the link here Smile

Heres my pics Smile Post some of your ped in that forum section Smile
https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=2809779

lihp
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 04:09 - 27 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Checked the subframe? May be bent.

matto224
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 14:58 - 27 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes was a good trade haha Wink and yes it is i carn't wait to get on the road Very Happy

and its been in a accident and the insurance wrote it off but it seems to be only the plastics which are damaged and all i need to do get it back on the road is put it through a MOT Very Happy

and yes it just seems to be the rattling noise but its stopped and i dont think its a serous problem but im sure theres more problems lol

and cool thats what i want to start doing Very Happy gonna try and learn as much as possible with this ped, and im thinking of getting a haynes manual for it as they seem popular Very Happy

and yes i will do the same ill get some pictures up Very Happy

and phil ive checked the subframe and it seems to be okay Smile
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 3 years, 345 days between these two posts...

njanoskis
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 23:20 - 06 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

what did this end up being?

Taught2BCauti...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:41 - 07 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bromance?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 9 years, 24 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1