Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Kymco super 9 loose tube - Please help.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

Pompey_Jake
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 00:19 - 07 Mar 2015    Post subject: Kymco super 9 loose tube - Please help. Reply with quote

Hi.

New to this forum but I've got a problem with my bike. I noticed today that there was a lose tube from a part of my bike and I was just wondering if it's meant to be like this.. Not sure how long it's been like this but I do have some performance troubles, not sure if it relates. My bike starts but then just cuts out.. Also the exhaust smokes a lot.

Thanks.

Taught2BCauti...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:32 - 07 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

That type of tube is usually used to protect wiring, but it could be a breather or overflow for something - you need to find what the other end is connected to.

As for the performance issue, you will need to remove the spark plug to check condition and gap, then do a compression test, followed by cleaning the carb and checking the amount of 2T oil it is using.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:06 - 07 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can see what it is meant to connect too in the photo. See that metal looking bit in the top right? I'm guessing that's the variator cover, the tube probably has a mesh filter bit on the other end and the loose end is meant to be on the variator cover, though it appears to have broken off its connecting piece.

Pompey_Jake
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 09:44 - 07 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

wr6133 wrote:
You can see what it is meant to connect too in the photo. See that metal looking bit in the top right? I'm guessing that's the variator cover, the tube probably has a mesh filter bit on the other end and the loose end is meant to be on the variator cover, though it appears to have broken off its connecting piece.

Yeah it is the varitor cover. Does it HAVE to be connected or is it okay to be loose like it is?

Thank you both for the replys.

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:01 - 07 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

its a cooling pipe for the clutch and belt

it should be connected otherwise these will get next to no air

I tried running a piaggio zip without but in the end had to sort it as I couldn't touch the cover after a three mile ride as it was too hot

the other end will come out under the bike somewhere normally
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:09 - 07 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I currently run without one (some shit stole it). But you need to get some kind of screen/filter on the bit of the variator case it's meant to connect too otherwise you may get all kinds of shite bouncing around in there.

Pompey_Jake
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 10:23 - 07 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyscooter wrote:
its a cooling pipe for the clutch and belt

it should be connected otherwise these will get next to no air

I tried running a piaggio zip without but in the end had to sort it as I couldn't touch the cover after a three mile ride as it was too hot

the other end will come out under the bike somewhere normally

Thanks for the replies everyone Smile

Will take it to a garage and get it sorted.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 9 years, 24 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1