Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

My Hyosung GT Comet 125

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 11:38 - 02 Nov 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you pass your test?

Also... with a 250, you'll probably want the stronger forks...as these aren't adjustable. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

reed
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 18:56 - 02 Nov 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, was cool scrolling through the thread looking at all the changes Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pandp
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 07:35 - 03 Nov 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

##Paddy## wrote:
Did you pass your test?

Also... with a 250, you'll probably want the stronger forks...as these aren't adjustable. Laughing

Not passed yet, the bike has been tested but not being used since the engine conversion. Plan to do my test beginning of next year which will tie in with when the bike is complete.

Yes mate, totally agree. The plan is to get hold of a set of USD's before the rebuild.

pandp
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 07:40 - 03 Nov 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reed wrote:
Very nice, was cool scrolling through the thread looking at all the changes Smile

Thank you mate. I'll be posting the progress of the strip and rebuild that is about to start too.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:41 - 03 Nov 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those Hyosungs look good, but are they safe and reliable? Confused

pandp
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 07:48 - 04 Nov 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:

Nearly two years of ownership, i would say very reliable, a good, safe and solid bike becoming ever more popular. More so the 125's with the learners due to the size and weight.

Well the bike flew through the MOT today with lots of compliments from the garage. Lots of new parts fitted - tyres, brake pads, chain and sprockets etc so i would have been shocked if it had failed.

As the weather is not going to get much better i will probably be starting the major strip and rebuild so around 3 months or so before it goes back on the road.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:10 - 04 Nov 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

pandp wrote:
RhynoCZ wrote:

Nearly two years of ownership, i would say very reliable, a good, safe and solid bike becoming ever more popular. More so the 125's with the learners due to the size and weight.

Well the bike flew through the MOT today with lots of compliments from the garage. Lots of new parts fitted - tyres, brake pads, chain and sprockets etc so i would have been shocked if it had failed.

As the weather is not going to get much better i will probably be starting the major strip and rebuild so around 3 months or so before it goes back on the road.

Well I asked, because I've heard a lot of scary stories about these non japanese asian bikes. Seized engine is one of them, but I've also heard about people dieing on it because of poor enginering. Just for instance, one bloke had about 2yrs old Yuki here, some 125cc, it's made in Thailand I think, well, he was out for a ride with his girlfriend and in not that fast corner the gearbox got seized and somehow the frame cracked, she went under the oncoming lorry and he got smacked with back part of the bike into his backbone and then went of the cliff. Both dead and it happens once in a while, I don't get it why the EU let these wannabes sell their crapy bikes in here Neutral

I say I'd rather have 20yrs old, cheap, unkempt made in Japan bike than a brand new one of those widow makers Thumbs Up

pandp
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 12:29 - 04 Nov 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i have heard of and seen a few accidents as i live on a main bike route but they have been many makes of bikes. Out of all the Hyo owners i know i know two that have had accidents and both times the fault was either rider error or other road users. None of the bikes have caused the problem.

I suppose it is each to their own when it comes to ownership of a bike. I have had this bike stripped down and know it inside out now. I never feel unsafe when reaching speed or tucking into corners. Bike is well balanced. Granted some parts could have been made better, levers etc but Hyosung are improving and as i say becoming more and more popular.

People have in the past confused the Korean bike with a chinese import due to them having no knowledge of the bike. I have to say, everytime i go out on it it never fails to draw a crowd

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:51 - 04 Nov 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

How old is yours? From what you've said it seems to me that you've got a two stroke Smile I mean, I've owned 2 motorcycles so far and the only thing I always do is the maintenance, well to be honest the GPz needed new gaskets under cylinders and head, but hey, '88 bike ridden by various people, who knows what they did to it Smile

Maintenance I do: tires, brakes, carbs cleaning + sync, filters, oil, chain, lubing stuff around and so on. The valve clearances is something I let the workshop do, I don't have pack of shims to play with and I'd rather let the pro do it instead. If I had ''classic'' valves I'd set them by my sefl.

My point is, if I buy a brand new 4 stroke motorcycle I do not assume, I'm gonna have to rebuild it in 2 yrs or 6k miles. Smile

pandp
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 12:57 - 04 Nov 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello mate, My bike is a four stroke, 2005 but the engine is 2007.

The only reason i am stripping down is purely because it has been a project to make it better and my own stamp on it. As you can see from this thread the bike was bought as a naked and it has gone through many changes to make it how it stands now.

My main reason for the strip i am about to do is because the frame and wheels are being sprayed. When rebuilding anything looking worn will be replaced....i think it has become more of an addiction now lol.

I just enjoy working on it and when the finished result looks good it makes it all worth while.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:10 - 04 Nov 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

pandp wrote:
Hello mate, My bike is a four stroke, 2005 but the engine is 2007.

This bit answers my question, '05 bike with '07 engine. Smile

pandp
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 13:19 - 04 Nov 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really, 05 bike was a 125. Now fitted with a 250 engine from a 07 bike. This was choice, 125 engine is superb but i wanted more power.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:01 - 04 Nov 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright then, I've got nothing else to ask you Laughing

pandp
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 16:02 - 01 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i finally finished her, took her off the road in November completely stripped everything and just finished rebuilding. I can't even remember everything i have done to it but lots of new/modded parts fitted....twin front brakes...USD's....modded Brembo rear master...alarmed....250 clocks...etc etc. anyway here she is....not to everyones taste but i love it Smile
https://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv292/p71p/DSCF0341_zps0c50af24.jpg
https://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv292/p71p/DSCF0340_zps4127d5c7.jpg
https://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv292/p71p/DSCF0339_zps6ede874a.jpg
https://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv292/p71p/DSCF0338_zps270e41ad.jpg
https://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv292/p71p/DSCF0337_zpsd7f81dde.jpg
https://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv292/p71p/DSCF0336_zps8be35bd8.jpg
https://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv292/p71p/DSCF0335_zps77e33445.jpg
https://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv292/p71p/DSCF0334_zps224133ba.jpg
https://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv292/p71p/DSCF0333_zps2f14c27b.jpg
https://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv292/p71p/DSCF0332_zpsdbd5f903.jpg
https://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv292/p71p/DSCF0331_zps8b2b4bce.jpg
https://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv292/p71p/DSCF0330_zps2be6997d.jpg

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:11 - 01 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quiet a handsome bike there Mr Pandp Thumbs Up

The tank sticker and the little lights in the cowls are not to my taste , but hey-ho! each to their own Thumbs Up

HJM
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 16:11 - 01 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

.................................................................................And thats what you call a bloody transformation. Great job mate, looks stunning Thumbs Up

CBT-18/04/2013

pandp
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 16:18 - 01 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers guys...i know some bits might not be to everyones taste but it does look better in the flesh lol...LED's are actually a deep blue....just bring on the summer then i can enjoy it.

BanditBoy12
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 19:14 - 01 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

pandp wrote:
Cheers guys...i know some bits might not be to everyones taste but it does look better in the flesh lol...LED's are actually a deep blue....just bring on the summer then i can enjoy it.

Is the 250 lump a straight fit and what else needed to be changed? Your bike looks great, but what about some drop down bars to replaced the high bars?

pandp
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 19:23 - 01 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apriliamandan wrote:
pandp wrote:

Is the 250 lump a straight fit and what else needed to be changed? Your bike looks great, but what about some drop down bars to replaced the high bars?

Yes mate the 250 just went straight in, used my 125 carbs, re jetted of course. The addition of the USD's was purely my choice, i hated the RWU forks. Due to the change to USD's i then found my pods did not fit so had to get 250 clocks. Decided to do the twin brakes also so that meant i had to get a bigger front master.

You are not the first to mention clipons and i have been tempted, i just like the upright position...must be my age Laughing I am currently looking for some clipons so i can atleast try them. The only other thing i would have to change would be the hose from the master but apart from that it would be a direct swap.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:26 - 01 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I were 16, then, nah, I still wouldn't have liked it, but I do believe there are lots of 16 yrs old riders, that'd love it Thumbs Up

pandp
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 19:36 - 01 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
If I were 16, then, nah, I still wouldn't have liked it, but I do believe there are lots of 16 yrs old riders, that'd love it Thumbs Up

There are a lot of older bikers that love it too but like i said it's each to their own. I have enjoyed the experience of rebuilding and i have made the bike my own. Just need to find another project now.

HJM
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 19:41 - 01 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't mean to be rude, but how much did you spend roughly?

Ballpark figure Thumbs Up

CBT-18/04/2013

pandp
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 19:48 - 01 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

HJM wrote:

No that's fine...most of the parts i have got pretty cheap...to do the mod from my last post (when it was half faired) has probably cost me around £400...the 250 engine cost me £350 or around that.

When i got the bike i had no intention of doing much to it, it started with the odd part replaced here and there and then went from transformation to transformation. Over two years i must have spent around £1200.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 22:29 - 01 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you paid in parts, I bought 5 bikes. Laughing Shiiiit.

Looks good, not a fan of the stickers, nor the lights, likely to get a tug with them. But that aside, love it.

Also, should say, not a fan of the exhaust Laughing

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:54 - 02 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

pandp wrote:
HJM wrote:

No that's fine...most of the parts i have got pretty cheap...to do the mod from my last post (when it was half faired) has probably cost me around £400...the 250 engine cost me £350 or around that.

When i got the bike i had no intention of doing much to it, it started with the odd part replaced here and there and then went from transformation to transformation. Over two years i must have spent around £1200.

And how much did you pay for it in the first place?

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 11 years, 29 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4