Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

My Hyosung GT Comet 125

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

iMark
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:05 - 02 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wub

Must be a dick trying to explain modifications to the insurance though haha.

"Yeah its a GT Wink 125 Wink"

pandp
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 07:17 - 02 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

##Paddy## wrote:
What you paid in parts, I bought 5 bikes. Laughing Shiiiit.

Looks good, not a fan of the stickers, nor the lights, likely to get a tug with them. But that aside, love it.

Also, should say, not a fan of the exhaust Laughing

5 bikes? Surely not all roadworthy?

I'm not a lover of the exhaust either but redundancy meant i had to just get it back on the road. I had a full size blueflame can to go on but it would have meant spending more on the pipes so i had to make good with what i had.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pandp
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 07:21 - 02 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

And how much did you pay for it in the first place?

I paid £700 for it two years ago.[/quote]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pandp
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 07:23 - 02 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

iMark wrote:
Wub

Must be a dick trying to explain modifications to the insurance though haha.

"Yeah its a GT Wink 125 Wink"

Bike is not being used at the moment, i am registering it as a 250 and also the fact it's black now and not blue.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 07:54 - 02 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

pandp wrote:

2 weren't, but passed MOT once they were running after <1hr work.

pandp
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 14:42 - 02 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

##Paddy## wrote:
pandp wrote:

2 weren't, but passed MOT once they were running after <1hr work.

All credit to you then mate...i can never find anything around here that's cheap and not a lot of work needed. Constantly on the look out for bikes to do up and sell on...maybe i'm looking in the wrong places Very Happy

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 14:46 - 02 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends where "here" is Laughing If its within 40 miles of me, good luck Wink

pandp
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 14:48 - 02 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha ha, like it....here is near Chelmsford in Essex.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 14:48 - 02 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

pandp wrote:

Bought my TTR600 from there Laughing

pandp
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 14:51 - 02 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well that explains why i can't find anything....you are getting there first Laughing

Sable
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:52 - 02 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people are bad at buying used bikes (me), some people are OK at buying used bikes (my neighbour), and some people have a godly all seeing eye for buying new bikes (Paddy).

My attempts at cheap secound handers involves bikes that fall apart like clown cars. Just don’t have the eye for it Embarassed

That said, would like to buy a basic bike and engine and do what the OP has done. Making a bike your own, with all your own tastes and flourishes. Thats gotta be a awesome feeling Smile

pandp
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 15:00 - 02 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sable wrote:
Some people are bad at buying used bikes (me), some people are OK at buying used bikes (my neighbour), and some people have a godly all seeing eye for buying new bikes (Paddy).

My attempts at cheap secound handers involves bikes that fall apart like clown cars. Just don’t have the eye for it Embarassed

That said, would like to buy a basic bike and engine and do what the OP has done. Making a bike your own, with all your own tastes and flourishes. Thats gotta be a awesome feeling Smile

Agree, the only ones i find are written off and still they go for a price.

It is an awsome feeling mate. Very happy with what i have accomplished. As i always say though, what you do to your own bike is not always to everyones taste so be ready for criticism. As long as you enjoy what you have done and you are happy with the finished result then that's all that really matters Wink

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 15:02 - 02 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always happy to find bikes for people... as sometimes they are things I wouldn't normally buy (such as the Keeway) but still return good cash for the investment price.

pandp
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 15:07 - 02 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always wanted the varadera...don't ask me why, i think it stems from owning my xl125.

I have missed out on a few bikes due to transporting issues, don't have van or trailer, unless it's running or in bits to fit in my estate, i can't get it Rolling Eyes

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 15:18 - 02 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I can get an NTV into a Golf, anything is possible.

Welcome to have my Vara, only £700 Wink

HJM
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 15:26 - 02 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fucking paddy taking all the cheap bikes down south. Got fuck all chance bagging a 125 in decent nick Middle Finger Razz

CBT-18/04/2013

pandp
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 15:29 - 02 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typical, now i get offered a vara when i just got made redundant Rolling Eyes

Cheers for the offer Paddy but i'll have to pass until i get back in work...there are a few SV's around here...now that would be a good project for me...now that would push me to get through my DAS.

pandp
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 15:29 - 02 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

HJM wrote:
Fucking paddy taking all the cheap bikes down south. Got fuck all chance bagging a 125 in decent nick Middle Finger Razz

Well i'm glad you said that Laughing

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 15:38 - 02 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

HJM wrote:

Have 2 125s for sale, not much off what I paid, come with tax, mot and can even deliver.

Pretty sweet deal if you ask me Laughing

HJM
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 15:47 - 02 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

##Paddy## wrote:
HJM wrote:

Have 2 125s for sale, not much off what I paid, come with tax, mot and can even deliver.

Pretty sweet deal if you ask me Laughing

Id take the vara, but if i recall correctly its 70k miles or something like that?

Will need this for a solid year, and since im a complete tit with a spanner i want something as problem free as possible.

And the chinky bike, i've been on the forum to long to hear to many bad stories about them.

Appreciate your offer, and hopefully you turn round and tell me the vara has done half the miles i think it has and ill happily buy it off you.

CBT-18/04/2013

pandp
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 15:49 - 02 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you selling Paddy and how much?

BanditBoy12
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 15:59 - 02 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

pandp wrote:

Near where the DVLA is based mate? I will be off there in a week or so with my father to get his Francis Barnet registered.

pandp
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 16:05 - 02 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apriliamandan wrote:
pandp wrote:

Near where the DVLA is based mate? I will be off there in a week or so with my father to get his Francis Barnet registered.

Yes mate, not that i have ever been though.

I'm a Lancashire lad really but been down here for 11 years or so....Now up north Laughing i'd get a bike for practically nowt Laughing

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 16:15 - 02 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Vara is on 72300 I think.

I love how people are scared of mileage, it needs nothing more than an oil change every 1000 miles and a clutch cable. Laughing

HJM
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 17:08 - 02 Apr 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

##Paddy## wrote:
The Vara is on 72300 I think.

I love how people are scared of mileage, it needs nothing more than an oil change every 1000 miles and a clutch cable. Laughing

Thats the problem, people are scared so there will fuck all resale value in a 80k+ vara in a years time Crying or Very sad

CBT-18/04/2013
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 11 years, 27 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4