Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

tax credits

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

RichieZX6R
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 13:33 - 17 Jun 2011    Post subject: tax credits Reply with quote

Any one on here familiar with them? just had a call today that i've more than likely got a new position in IT support/trainer Very Happy It was 3-5k more than what i'm on now. But i don''t know if i would be better or worse off with tax credits and housing benefit? These are worked out depending on your height/how big your middle toe is/how much they like you so i have no idea how to work it out! Any one know of maybe a site that would tell me how much i get if i enter my new salary(s) or some easy way to work it out? I know i will loose, but i just want to work out if i will be better or worse off.

Thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MarkJ
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:49 - 17 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://taxcredits.hmrc.gov.uk/Qualify/DIQHousehold.aspx Question

RichieZX6R
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 13:53 - 17 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

ar cheers for that! Must be getting blinder as i get on! Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dan87
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 21:42 - 17 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also have a look at https://www.turn2us.org.uk has a benefits checker which I found very useful!

Smash
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 02:42 - 18 Jun 2011    Post subject: Re: tax credits Reply with quote

RichieZX6R wrote:
Any one on here familiar with them? just had a call today that i've more than likely got a new position in IT support/trainer Very Happy It was 3-5k more than what i'm on now. But i don''t know if i would be better or worse off with tax credits and housing benefit? These are worked out depending on your height/how big your middle toe is/how much they like you so i have no idea how to work it out! Any one know of maybe a site that would tell me how much i get if i enter my new salary(s) or some easy way to work it out? I know i will loose, but i just want to work out if i will be better or worse off.

Thanks

Richie,

I can't answer for your housing benefit unfortunately, but regarding your tax credits, unless your total household income for 2011-2012 increases by more than £10,000 compared to your 2010-2011 income, your award 06-04-2011 to 05-04-2012 will remain unaffected, so you will be no worse off on that score.

The extra income will be taken into account when you complete your annual declaration next year, though, so if you want to see how it will affect you, go onto the site mentioned earlier and enter your estimated income figures for this year as your previous year income and it will tell you an estimate of what you may be entitled to in the 2012-2013 tax year.

Hope this helps, if you need any further assistance, feel free to drop me a PM.

RichieZX6R
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 08:23 - 18 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh right i see! No i think it will increase by £5k max. That makes it much clearer! So i just have to inform the office of the change of employer.

Also the housing benefit i found a site that calculated it for me. Wasn't easy to find.

Thanks for your advice!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 287 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1