Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Eliminator 250 problems

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

hazza
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:55 - 17 Jun 2011    Post subject: Eliminator 250 problems Reply with quote

So i took the eliminator for its MOT today. Its been off the road for two years (i wasnt the owner) and today was my first ride of the bike. After setting off it quickly became apparent that i was having trouble changing gears. id change up but it wouldnt change, until i tried again. This seemed more apparent the higher the revs i changed. Changing down was normal.

After leaving the MOT station (it passed, needing only a piece of gaffa tape over the european headlight) i noticed that although still there, the gear shifting problem seemed to lessen. Unfortunately the next problem is that the warning light came on. I assume this is an oil/coolant warning? i felt the engine, and it did feel hot, but not red hot.
The oil level is fine in the bike, but it is the oil that was in the bike when i brought it ( so at least two years without a change) Do you think a change could solve the gear change issue, i planned to do this as a matter of course. After pulling over and turning the bike off, and back on again the light went out. After leaving the bike to rest for ten minutes a made a two mile journey to my dads house, the light came on again just before getting there, although oddly, not whilst doing 65 down the dual carriage way.The bike makes no odd noises, pulls well (although i was a disappointed with its performance slightly, but perhaps its because the last bike i rode was an er-5 and probably wasnt revving it hard enough) but could probably do with the carbs balancing as it takes a while to settle down to idle.

So any ideas for my spanner work tomorrow?

Thanks in Advance

Harry.
3 Honda NC50's(Sold)-->'72 Puch Maxi S (Sold, want it back!)--> '90 Yamaha RXS 100 (Stolen)--> '87 Honda Cub 90(Sold) --> '95 Kawasaki Eliminator (Sold) --> '98 Bandit 600 (Sold) -->'07 SV650S (Current)

Asharin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:49 - 18 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Change that oil for sure Smile If it's the oil that was in there when you got it you have no real idea how old it is.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 354 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1