Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Today's the day. TODAY's the day. With pics!!!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

carlosthejack...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:45 - 18 Jun 2011    Post subject: Today's the day. TODAY's the day. With pics!!! Reply with quote

I've not been this giddy for a long time, I'm more nervous than when I took my test. I've never felt like this when I've been going to buy a car (and I've bought a few of them), but hopefully money will be changing hands today for my new (two) wheels. Don't know if I'll get back to pick it up later today, or if it will be Monday after sorting out the insurance etc tomorrow, but I'm hoping I'll be going to work on it on Tuesday, weather permitting! I'm not going to spoil the surprise, but I'll put pictures up as soon as I possibly can. Thanks to everyone who gave me advice and encouragement, you're all top.

Those that didn't...well, today I'm thinking everything's pretty groovy, so have some love. Thumbs Up
Current rides: '05 VFR800 VTEC, '57 Mondeo 1.8 TDCi #58LEGEND

Last edited by carlosthejackal on 19:13 - 20 Jun 2011; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

dransy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:49 - 18 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we get to know what your picking up or do we have to wait in suspense for pictures Laughing ?

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:51 - 18 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st big petrol powered bicycle? Nice innit.
Build a turntable so you can admire it when not riding it.

Goes without saying.....Pin-it soon as. Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

carlosthejack...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:57 - 18 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

dransy wrote:
Do we get to know what your picking up or do we have to wait in suspense for pictures Laughing ?

I'm saying nothing, as I fear someone will try and talk me out of it.

Want. Need. Desire.

I promise I'll be careful...

Howling Terror wrote:
Pin-it soon as.

Or that. Hehe.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:12 - 18 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Or that. Hehe.
Tunnel vision is a weird thing when you 1st experience it...I thought my eyes were about to fall out.

Bikes ROCK!

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:05 - 18 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloody softie! Lets hope all goes well and you can ride it home tonight.

I wont spoil things by saying I know what it is. Or have a 90% surety. Wink

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 14:22 - 18 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://forum.blackhairmedia.com/uploads2/20100504_133304_useless_without.jpg

I'm going to assume a Chinese 125. With a bigger front sprocket. Razz

Clanger
Stirrer

PostPosted: 14:28 - 18 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

carlosthejackal wrote:
dransy wrote:

I'm saying nothing, as I fear someone will try and talk me out of it.

Do you realise the fact you haven't mentioned getting a bike AT ALL, we could give you a bashing for posting in the wrong section???

So, spill... before that happens!!! Idea Laughing

carlosthejack...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:37 - 18 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the end, head won over heart. Pick up Monday. Pics Monday pm... Twisted Evil

AmirasDaddy
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 14:38 - 18 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Do you realise the fact you haven't mentioned getting a bike AT ALL, we could give you a bashing for posting in the wrong section???

So, spill... before that happens!!! Idea Laughing

No it's a blow up doll.....

carlosthejack...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:42 - 18 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put it this way, Big Ham will be ultra-pleased...

phonesurgeon
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 14:45 - 18 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe one of these?

https://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w81/phonesurgeon/ch1.jpg

HD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:38 - 18 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you get a thundercat in the end? Laughing

carlosthejack...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:00 - 18 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

HD wrote:
Did you get a thundercat in the end? Laughing

Negative!

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:06 - 18 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hornet then.

carlosthejack...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:15 - 18 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done CaNsA. '05, 12k, 2.25 grands. Black. Looks immaculate. Sounds brand new. Sounds pretty fucking awesome if I'm honest.

I went with the intention of buying the GSXr K1 I'd been drooling over, but there were far too many cosmetic issues with it, and the stick on carbon inside the fairing was nasty. Although the main thing that put me off was when the guy fired it up. It sounded like the doorbell to the 7th gate of hell. With the stock can. Satan himself raised an eyebrow. Maybe in a year or so, but I wouldn't trust myself. Not yet anyway!

Pics of the buzzy thing will be up Monday!

HD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:05 - 19 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

carlosthejackal wrote:
Well done CaNsA. '05, 12k, 2.25 grands. Black. Looks immaculate. Sounds brand new. Sounds pretty fucking awesome if I'm honest.

I went with the intention of buying the GSXr K1 I'd been drooling over, but there were far too many cosmetic issues with it, and the stick on carbon inside the fairing was nasty. Although the main thing that put me off was when the guy fired it up. It sounded like the doorbell to the 7th gate of hell. With the stock can. Satan himself raised an eyebrow. Maybe in a year or so, but I wouldn't trust myself. Not yet anyway!

Pics of the buzzy thing will be up Monday!

Sounds like a good buy man! Let me know how you get on with it as I am looking at a bandit for December and its the same sort if bike.

G'luck!

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 00:34 - 19 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pics of slack chain and bent subframe are obligatory! Obligatory!

carlosthejack...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:01 - 19 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Pics of slack chain and bent subframe are obligatory! Obligatory!

In my head that's sounding like a Dalek's voice! Patience, tomorrow all will become clear.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 08:53 - 19 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

carlosthejackal wrote:

Pfft, pussy Laughing

Only kidding, nice buy mate, I really hope you enjoy it Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:38 - 19 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its awesome picking up a new bike.

I was nice mix of nervous & excited when i went to pick the blade up. the nervousness soon wore off and turned into pure grin when I got on the motorway and cracked the throttle open Shocked

Awaits pics

Seb
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:55 - 19 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye few things can top the new bike day Thumbs Up

When I bought my old SP1 they wheeled it through to the front of the shop and fired it up there, pretty much inside a long conservatory, needless to say the noise was unforgettable Wub Those noise made me feel like I was leaving the pits and joining in on a WSB round Smile

Drworm
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 10:16 - 19 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

carlosthejackal wrote:

Kenny Urwin by any chance? I was eyeing up a '05 Hornet from there with similar miles. In the end I was put off by the colour purely because I'm not feeling the love for black bikes. Went for a gold one in the end.

I'll check back Monday for pics Thumbs Up .

carlosthejack...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:23 - 19 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drworm wrote:
carlosthejackal wrote:

Kenny Urwin by any chance? I was eyeing up a '05 Hornet from there with similar miles. In the end I was put off by the colour purely because I'm not feeling the love for black bikes. Went for a gold one in the end.

I'll check back Monday for pics Thumbs Up .

Dude, that's scary. That's the one. Ken's a lovely (if insanely busy and popular) bloke. I was like a giddy kid and he looked after me really well... Thumbs Up

Drworm
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 18:04 - 19 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

carlosthejackal wrote:

Dude, that's scary. That's the one. Ken's a lovely (if insanely busy and popular) bloke. I was like a giddy kid and he looked after me really well... Thumbs Up

I only know because I have just bought my Hornet and looked at all decent Hornets, z750s, FZ6s in a 80 mile radius for weeks on end before I was able to actually get one.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 317 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3