Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

1988 Kawasaki KMX 200 - A2 - rebuild/restoration

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

dangerousdave
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 00:25 - 24 Jun 2011    Post subject: 1988 Kawasaki KMX 200 - A2 - rebuild/restoration Reply with quote

I'd been looking out a KMX 200 project for a while. I had one a few years ago, and it was great fun in the dirt. And I could ride it to work every day.

I picked this one up locally for just over 500 quid, and yes, it needs work doing on it. But on the other hand, it has quite a lot going for it.

Good bits:

Good compression
Recently powder coated frame
Came fitted with a set of MX tyres
Spare set of wheels
Big box of spares
Acerbis plastics
Good chain/sprockets
Short MOT and tax
Fan fitted behind radiator (for off-road use)

Bad bits:
Slipping clutch
Seized brakes
No clocks/indicators (undecided whether this is good or bad)
Very soft rear shock
Battery either dead or not fitted

This one looks like it has been used for racing at some stage. Everything not essential has been removed - clocks, indicators, rear rack. Even the rear pillion footrest mounts were cut off before it was powder-coated. The plastics are virtually new, with what looks like a KDX 200 rear fender.

The exhaust is standard, apart from what looks like a KX125 silencer. The engine and induction appear to be standard - original carb and airbox still fitted.

On the first ride the engine seemed to be putting out a reasonable amount of power, but only responding to whacking the throttle open. Trying to accelerate gently was a waste of time - it just sulked until I wound it up.

This made from an interesting ride back from the sellers house, as the brakes were almost non-existent and feeling the knobblies squirm on the tarmac.

However all told i think I've done quite well.

Previous: Yamaha YZF1000, ZZR600, KMX200, DT50, KX80, CG125, PF50

Last edited by dangerousdave on 14:46 - 16 Nov 2011; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

dangerousdave
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 00:34 - 24 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

First job was to give the calipers a good clean up and fit new seals, pads, new fluids etc.

Disks were in a bit of a state - scored. Also the front master cylinder didn't seem to be giving a good seal so thats on the list for a rebuild soon.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

dangerousdave
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 00:40 - 24 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Genuine exhaust was covered with the usual rash of rust on the header pipe. Cleaned it up and gave it some hi-temp spray.

dangerousdave
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 00:56 - 24 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next job was to have the tired old clutch out and get some fresh parts in.

So ordered up some EBC plates, and heavy duty springs.

The old plates were completely fried. Almost nothing left on a few of them.

Everything went back together, and refilled with fresh oil and coolant.

dangerousdave
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 01:10 - 24 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took it out for a few rides around the lanes to help the parts bed in. As I found before, the bike was struggling to carburate properly on small throttle openings. Likes a big handful to get a move on. The power seemed to come on quite well through the mid-range but then fail to deliver much top-end.

I suspected gummed up powervalves. Did the usual test by whipping the plastic cover off and revving the engine. A little hard to test these accurately without a rev-counter, they did move at the top-end of the rev-range as expected.

Did a check of the plug and colour was the usual coffee colour. There was virtually no carbon around the exhaust port, so I doubt any issues with obstructed ports.

dangerousdave
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 22:57 - 24 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a clean up of the carb next. There was some traces of rust in the float bowl from the tank. The main jet had some debris built up in it, which blew out. I cleaned up all the passages and assembled it again.

dangerousdave
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 23:00 - 24 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found this link which has a useful guide to setting up 2t carbs.

https://twostrokemotocross.com/2009/12/carburetor-theory-and-tuning/

dangerousdave
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 23:07 - 24 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a disk off eBay for a tenner with plenty of life left in it, although badly scored. Managed to clean it up well with a sander.

mattsprattuk
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:29 - 25 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

you cleaned up a brake disk with a sander....
Blue_SV650S wrote: it was a sh1te wheelie, but it proves that he can get it up in 3rd and can do angles. In summery, mattsprattuk is a gobby little sh1tebag, dopehead tw4t, but sadly for all of us, he probably isn't THAT full of sh1te!! Mr. Green
Kickstart wrote: Hi I tend to agree with Matt. All the best Keith

dangerousdave
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 13:10 - 25 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes mate. Its worked a treat.

Circular motions to get a consistent finish.

dangerousdave
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 13:16 - 25 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good link for KMX modifications.

KMX125 adapted to take 38mm Mikuni carb and variety of other tuning & suspension upgrades

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUfGkXACf9g

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:55 - 25 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing to suspect on KMX200's if theres either little top end or little bottom end power, then the KIPS valves themselves could be seized and then broken. Revving the engine to 7000rpm with the KIPS operating arm cover removed will only show you if the rack in the barrel is moving and prove the governor assembly is working ok.

The KIPS valves themselves can tend to snap on the spindle below the pinion gear and above the valve body. They do this when the become stuck in the oily gooy mess in the KIPS ports. The mechanical Powervalve actuation still tries to open the seized valve, and so it breaks at the weakest point. If they are broken then they just sit there and don't move. At least unlike an RGV250 your not looking at a ££££ engine re-build! Thumbs Up

Nice project bike anyway. I've had 2 KMX200's and id rate them only second to a TDR250 as one of the best and fastest urban point to point off road style bikes out there! However i dare say that a well sorted CRM250AR with a supermoto conversion is better than either, but thats in a different league price wise! I don't neccassarily think that a CRM250 motard is worth the high price they cost either, but i've never ridden one, so i dont know how good they can be?

dangerousdave
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 03:16 - 26 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve,

Thats a good point about the PV spindles - hadn't even thought of checking if they were broken. Would explain the way its performing.

This is my second KMX. The first one I had was really tidy. Had been fully rebuilt by an enthusiast before I bought it, and despite being completely standard, was surprisingly rapid for a mildly tuned 200cc trailie. I'm hoping to get this second bike up to a similar standard.

You're right about the CRM 250, good reliable bike but twice the price of a KMX. The TDR250 is a classic, one of a kind bike, and current used prices are reflecting this!

Have you still got your KMX ?

Cheers
Dave

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:03 - 26 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi dave.

yeah it would be worth taking off the pipe and shining a pencil torch up the exhaust port. then if you operate the KIPS linkage, you should see if both of the exhaust boost ports are opening and closing. On my first KMX one of the valves broke and stuck in the closed position. Fitting new steel valves and changing the head gasket along with de-carbonising the expansion chamber and cylinder head brought back all the performance and then some.

It used to cruise at 75mph and could hit 80mph+ without much effort. I saw over 85 on the clock a couple of times, but thats no fun on a trail bike IMO. The only Mods it had was boyesen reeds, a drilled airbox lid, and a re-jetted carb.

Both my KMX's were red/black, the first one (J541TOC) was a really clean A3 bike. My second one was always going to be a project and it was a tatty early 88 A1 version. and yes i've still got it, but it's in my mums garage under box's of bits, waiting for me to sort out a van and get it moved to my new place.

I've had a u.k TZR250 but always wanted a TDR as i think it would have been much more fun. I think that the KMX200 with road tyres and better brakes, is about the next most fun town bike around.

As for the CRM250AR, well i think a well sorted motard could be much better than a TDR or KMX, but i'll probably never own or ride one, so i'll never know!

Are you re-building your KMX biased towards trail use or is it going to be a purely road bike instead? They can be great at either use with the right mods, but i'm going to Motard mine, and then get a KMX125 for just green laning and off road messing about. I've got spare wheels, forks and bodywork, so i figure that anything i don't use on my 200SM, i can re-use on a tatty 125 project instead?

M

dangerousdave
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 11:46 - 27 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Steve, that's some good advice there. That will be my next job on it. I bet the expansion pipe has a fair bit of carbon in it too judging by the state of the silencer.

My last Kmx (f499 gau) was getting similar performance as your first. It would lift the front fairly easily in first and would do it in second with a pull on the bars. Motor was standard and Kawasaki exhaust and silencer. It had been completely rebuilt from scratch by a chap called Tony in Waterlooville and he did a brilliant job. I used it for everything, getting about on, and green laning at weekends.

Id like to see one in supermoto trim though. The kmx bikes are so light and manoeuvrable im sure a bike modified with wide sticky rubber, some proper brakes and lowered would be alot of fun on the corners. I'd like to see more of that project coming together!

Like you say, a crm250 mk3 would be superior as it starts out with a more modern chassis/suspension, and more bhp/tuning parts available.
I think the ultimate motard could be the CR500 motor in the late Cr250 alloy chassis. That will be out of my reach for the forseeable future unless I win the lottery!!

This Kmx is going to be for mainly off-road use. Ive had road bikes for the last six years, which is great, but have missed riding in the dirt. To be fair, when I bought it, everything was there, plus it's already got the radiator mod with fan fitted for slow running. It needs a good sorting out now!

D

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:59 - 27 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like your first KMX was a really mint one like mine was! you don't see many tidy ones now if at all!

My second bike has only had 3 owners and is not listed as a stolen/recovered, so even though its had a really hard life in the dirt, i thought it needs to be given a chance, if it's as genuine and honest history wise as the paperwork makes out. I bet it's had at least one theft attempt as there's alot of gouges and scratches around the ignition lock, and the key always felt quite loose too.

It will be really nice to see yours progress as a really well sorted off road enhanced example with nice big knobbly tyres etc. It would be nice to have one for the road and one for the dirt, but i'm going to spend a few quid on getting mine re-built how i want it, and so i won't feel like taking it off road afterwards, as well as the fact that i've always always wanted a supermoto bike! I'm not expecting great things from it, but if it handles like a Cagiva supercity or Husqvarna SM125 id be chuffed TBH!

Don't hold out too much hope of seeing mine progress quickly like yours will, as alot of folks on BCF know i've been talking about it for 4-5years, and i've been totally away from riding bikes for 3.5years now too! I want to do my KMX project though, before i get sucked into any more car projects or spending silly money on aftermarket bits for an 18year old money pit of a car.

One thing i've just remembered is that a popular mod back in the day for KMX200's that were used off road only, was to modify the KIPS valves so that only the LHS valve worked, (the one that vents into the resonance chamber). I don't know how they did this, and i suspect often it was a nasty bodge, but i think the idea was to get more midrange and less top end power, which i don't really see the point of TBH, as the KMX200 was already factory de-tuned quite a bit from the KMX125 port timings, and as you say it has a really good bottom end and midrange as std!

I've heard that bigger Flat slide carbs work really well on the 200's as well, and that the gains are everywhere up to a certain size carb, which makes sense when it's got a 26mm carb to start with. The TM28 and TM/TMX30 Mikuni's go straight onto the reed block stub, and the Keihin PWK33/35 will fit a KDX220/200 inlet manifold. getting them to connect to the std airbox is the hard bit though!

joshbaty116
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 13:10 - 28 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest the kmx is the best off road/on road bike you can buy it the best ive ever had and regret letting it go...

dangerousdave
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 16:31 - 28 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

First Kmx was a good one! Previous owner did a nut and bolt rebuild, frame recoated, engine bearings all replaced. If I can get this one up to a similar standard I'll be well happy.

Yours sounds like a good project. Clear history is a good start. Will be alot of fun when complete. I think those two European bikes are heavier than the Kmx so that's an advantage straight away? Plus a wider spread of power in stock form.

Ive got a couple of bigger carbs, mikuni 28 flatside and mikuni 38 (kx125) but I to sort out the poor running issue first. When I'm on an even keel with it I'll be able to see what the new components are (or aren't) doing. Do you think a 38 will be too big for a Kmx 200? The link above shows a tmx38 fitted to a Kmx125 successfully - but the cylinder was heavily reworked with the port map from a similar year kx125.

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:46 - 28 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your first KMX sounded like a keeper, it's a shame you had to let it go. Your new one looks decent and complete, so im sure a few £££ would get it up to a similar standard easily. It all depends on how far you want to go with the cosmetics and finish etc.

As for the carb, well i'd definately have an experiment with the alternative carbs you have got already. The TM28 is probably not worth fitting, as it's not much bigger than std. The 38mm carb will probably work ok, with enough time spent working out the correct jetting. I don't think a 38mm is too big for it to run on ok, but id say a 33-35mm carb is about perfect for the 200 for good mid-top power. The KMX200 porting is less extreme than the KMX125's which is going to be alot more conservative than the KX125's in turn.

I'm going to shell out on a new Keihin PWK33 for mine i reckon, as i know it will mate up to a KDX220 inlet manifold, and that a V-force reed block for a 220 will fit as well. I'd like to keep the airbox on mine, so i guess i'd need to find a bit of flexible rubber hose that i could use to link up the carb. With a 38mm carb you might find that there is no room for the airbox at all?

I'm sure i'll get mine nicely sorted eventually. If you want to tune your 200, then i had some advice ages ago from a guy in Japan who tuned a 200, and sent me a vid. He did alot of mods to it, but bit by bit mostly. He did tell me that the single biggest difference of any mod he made, was by replacing the std silencer with a KX250 one. I don't know if the KMX200 silencer is the same as the 125's, but it looks the same, and if it is then i can see why it could be a bit restrictive on a 70cc bigger cylinder!

Further to that then if your really serious about performance tuning, talk to James at BDK racing. He used to have a KMX200 years ago, and he told me about loads of tuning work he did on it, including work on the KIPS valves and chamber. He is probably the most knowledgeable person to speak to about tuning one and what can be done and how much it would cost too.

dangerousdave
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 21:54 - 28 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I would have sold that Kmx.  Unfortunately, after 3 years the thieves finally got it despite being locked to a cycle rack outside my flat. I'd replaced the piston 100 miles earlier, so hopefully it seized up  and threw them over the bars.

I don't even keep the new one at my home at the moment as I have no where secure to lock it up.

I'd be interested in seeing that vid of the Japanese Kmx. Any chance you can send it to me (if you still have it)?.

Thanks for the advice about the carbs. Do you know if any of the kdx inlet manifolds have an opening for the autolube injector pipe? I seem to remember the kdx200sr had autolube, but I think that had a 28mm carb.

I got the Mikuni 38 from a breakers , and it had come off a Kmx, so a good start. He threw in the inlet manifold too (no autolube injector port unfortunately). It was run with a cone filter, but like yourself, I'm keen to keep the airbox, to stop water getting into the engine while riding off-road.

On the silencers, the standard Kmx 125 and 200 silencers are different. I got a kmx125 silencer by mistake and it didn't fit. It's a smaller diameter tube. It is an efficient silencer, good for mot's, very quiet, but not particularly free flowing. I swapped mine for a DEP on the original bike. Noticed the throttle response was better.

I also changed to a complete Big One system on the original bike but couldn't get on with it. I lost top-end power despite trying larger main jets. It looked like a kmx 125 pipe - the volume was notably smaller than the genuine pipe (although that is double skinned). The importer Mito Uk suspected a problem with the bike, but I ended up fitting the original system again and got the top-end power back. I've spoken a few people who bought then sold their Big One systems in favour of the standard pipe. However, I hear some people get good results from them on the 200?

The silencer fitted to this Kmx isn't  the standard item, and it isn't a DEP. It is Kawasaki branded so I assume it's KX, as it is very short and loud! The kdx items appear to be longer from what I can see.

It's good to know BDK have had some good results with the Kmx. I might give them a ring.

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:29 - 29 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave.

i'll have a look for the vid that the guy emailed me, but it was nearly 2years ago, so i might have lost it now. he fitted a 35mm Keihin carb, the KX250 silencer, boyesen reeds, and he did some porting to the cylinder. basically he just raised the exhaust boost ports 2mm and widened then by 2mm. The difference was quite marked with alot more top end. however he told me that changing the exhaust and then the carb had the most effect more so than the porting even!

The KDX200/220 inlet manifolds don't have the oil injector fitting, so there are a few ways around it. The carb body can be drilled and tapped to take an oil injector fitting. Allens performance told me that they could do it for me to a new carb.

Or you can machine a say 8-10mm thick alloy spacer plate to fit between the reed block and the manifold. you can drill through the side of the plate to accept either the std oil injector which would need to be a press in fit, or drill and tap it like the carb mod to take an injector fitting.

Your well ahead of me with the mods here, as i've not tried anything yet to see what fits and how best to get the carb and airbox to fit if possible. I know that a TM30 carb fits the std airbox ok, and im sure you can get a bigger hose and mod the airbox to get it to fit a different carb.

As for the exhaust, well my original pipe is dented and scabby and looks like it has been welded in places, so i'll be after a new pipe for mine when it's ready. I heard that Big one do a KMX200 pipe as well as the KMX125 one? I suppose it's possible that some people might have been misled with an aftermarket KMX125 pipe, which is not going to be much use as you say.

I'll keep my std pipe as i might use it as a pattern to get a nice light custom pipe built for it, depending on how expensive it is? Apparently Arrow exhausts did make a KMX200 front pipe back in the 80's, but i had no luck trying to track one down& they don't make it now or have the dimensions available either. The std pipe is so damn heavy so you'd get more performance from a nice light aftermarket pipe, for the weight saving alone!

dangerousdave
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 17:16 - 30 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Steve, thats some helpful info there.

I was surprised about the porting giving less power than the silencer and carb upgrades. However, it holds true with some dyno charts I saw for a Cagiva Supercity 125, the pro tuning job only gave a couple of hp at most in some places, but fitting a 34mm carb in addition gave a healthy increase everywhere.

Yes, Big One do list a pipe for the Kmx 200. I think the shop ordered me the wrong one. Even said Kmx 125 on the bag!

Apparently Gianelli did pipes for the 200 at one stage but they don't seem to list them now. No idea what a custom pipe would cost, but it's never going to be cheap.

When I get to the bottom of this rough running issue on mine I'll put some premix in the tank and test out the 38mm Mikuni. It's good to know the 35mm keihin has been reported to work well with after a simple swap of reeds and tail pipe.

Good to know it's possible to get more top-end power out of a Kmx with just a bit of work on the boost port.

I'll be working on my bike this weekend. I need to get it through the MOT to keep it road-legal. I had a quick chat to the tester and he seemed quite lenient on the phone about off-road bikes.

1) lack of indicators (have to remove the indicator switch so cannot be tested)
2) loud exhaust - will be down to his discretion whether it is too loud. May switch back to the genuine silencer for MOT.
3) speedo (has one from a mountain bike)
4) motocross tyre on front - going to have to switch for road tyres.

The rest of the bike is reasonably up together, although the brakes are still lacking in power. Have a new disc to go on the front, and a kit to rebuild the master cylinder so that should fix that. 

I'd be very surprised if it passes the MOT first time due to the amount which is missing from it! However,  if I present the bike to them they'll tell me what I needs to be done.

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:59 - 30 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave,
Good luck with getting your bike through the MOT first time, you never know!

Gianelli make a very effective pipe for the 125, it's loud but gives about 1.5bhp more from 7000rpm upwards. Shame they or DEP don't still do 200 pipes.

TBH i quite fancy a custom built pipe with a nickel/chrome finish to look like the KTM 2stroke pipes. I think i could maybe get an exhaust that is a fair bit lighter and possibly biased towards more top end power (should good for road use only) if i go for a custom made job, and there are a few 2stroke tuners/pipe builders who can do them.

If you can get onto www.kmx125.com as there is a load of tuning info for the 125 and bits for the 200's as well. It's a German site, but i've not found much trouble getting help on there with questions.

There was a guy called Sui, who tuned his 200, and he fitted a Mikuni TMX30, boyesen rad valve, and upped the compression ratio to 8.5:1 corrected. He used an MX style silencer and later i think he put a modifed KDX200 pipe on it too. he had about 35-36bhp, but it was very tractable with at least as strong delivery from low rpm as std. I think a bit more compression and a modified squish band to suit could give a good boost to midrange performance.

From seeing how well his bike runs, id have been tempted to fit a TMX30 Mikuni myself, and have an easy fitment with no hassle, but these carb's are hard to find secondhand, and if im going for a new unit anyway, i might as well get the KDX220 set up with the PWK33 Keihin and the manifold that goes with it. If i can get the carb modded to take an oil injector feed it should work really well.

i'm tempted to avoid expensive tuning work to the cylinder barrel, as i don't think it will be needed for a decent performance boost over std, but then again my barrel is badly damaged from where the piston broke up and scored the bore about 1.5-2mm deep, so it's going to need expensive work doing anyway, and cleaning up the ports or even getting them to copy the KMX125's port timing to my cylinder is probably not going to be that much more anyway?

If i were you id definately try out the big carb you have, and maybe look into getting the Big one KMX200 pipe. You could have the head modifed for a bit higher compression too, but seeing as its going to be an off road bike, i guess you want it to be snappy and torquey, and the above mods should more than put it where you want it to be!

dangerousdave
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 13:49 - 01 Jul 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be interesting to know what sort of prices they are quoting for a one-off pipe - wouldn't be surprised if its 500 quid plus. Would certainly allow for a specific power delivery and be much lighter than the OE lump!

I know what you mean about TMX30's. I've only seen one on ebay and it went for well over a hundred quid. Seem to be in demand.

I'm in a simular situation with a KMX barrel. Bought one of ebay "cheap", with some quite heavy scores, but the refurbishment cost is 122.50. (89 for the replate - 25 quid for the welding) - BDK Engineering. I've seized one up before, and although the score mark wasn't deep at all, they still had to weld it. The Nikasil coating is pretty thin.

Porting the barrel would cost 30-40 quid on top. In your situation, you can either go for the replate, or look around for a secondhand barrel and piston. Problem is they're getting rare now, and finding something in reasonable condition seems virtually impossible. At least by replating your cylinder you'll know it'll be good for at least 10,000 miles without any hassle.

Anyway, I'm going to get on with the MOT stuff this evening. Will let you know how it goes.

dangerousdave
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 23:41 - 03 Jul 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the bike ready for the mot on Saturday. Changed the front tyre for a road legal trail tyre. Changed the silencer for the original Kawasaki item to get the noise down. Dawned on me a couple of hours before that it would need a chain guard for the mot, we managed to knock up something to bolt on and cover the chain up, sprayed it black, didn't look too bad!

Went straight through the MOT with no issues, so a good result.

On the poor running issue, I had the exhaust off to check the powervalves. Both sides were moving fine. Bit of a relief that as they are so hard to get hold of now.

Did a de-coke of the exhaust, left it full of caustic soda overnight. Quite a bit of carbon came out. Flushed it out with boiling water and was coming out black.

I put a new spark plug in, fitted the exhaust again and gave it a run up the road. Seemed a bit smoother, responded to the throttle better.
I noticed a small hole in the downpipe near the bash plate, will have to get this welded up.

All in all, the bike is starting to run better. Its MOT'd and road legal. I'm slowing working my way through the bike, checking and fixing things. Next jobs will be to adjust the carb float level, get the exhaust welded, clean up and repack the off-road silencer and see how it goes then.

Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 298 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6