Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Crap bikes.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 16:51 - 15 Jul 2011    Post subject: Re: Crap bikes. Reply with quote

As far as the dirt on a shiny bike - a good coating of ACF50; then ignore it Smile.
When I got my GSXR from riding the rattish ZX9 I was a little more hestitent - but in the end I got it ride and while I did have the few £k I could lose if it was totally mashed in the back of my mind, I was happy to treat it pretty much the same as the zx9.
Might have been different if I wasn't in a pretty well paid job at the time, etc.

So, the trick is to be able to get yourself to the point you don't 'care' about the good bike Smile.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 16:53 - 15 Jul 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like crap bikes, but I also like decent bikes at the same time. I really love my MZ, but I couldn't really ride it every day, I'd have to have something decent to tart about on. I do love my FZR400 but the problem with a cheap bike like that is that I end up really liking it and wanting to make it nice again.

So yes, I do like crap bikes, but I'd have to have a decent one too...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bike Bunker
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:39 - 15 Jul 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

This makes me very tempted to build some sort of terminator bike.

Where the fairings are made of iron.....imagine the weight Rolling Eyes

Im going to get myself a little DT125 to kill...if it survives even better....more so i figured i can get to college by travelling through a wood....should be good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:54 - 15 Jul 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

It`s this is why I bought my CG 125 of lovelyness.
It`s a bit of a nail and a challenge to get anywhere quickly, BUT I love scuttling around on it, trying to make the most of what it`s got (not much).

That way the ZX6r stays nice and and I`m happy with that Thumbs Up .

When the XS400 is finished, that will become my run-around and the CG will be Crying or Very sad moved on Crying or Very sad

stonesie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:05 - 15 Jul 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is why i can't bring myself to sell the old CG, took it out the other week to check it all still worked and its such a nimble little bugger, thrash the nuts out of it and still do legal speeds Laughing Good for filtering too.

The SV is the one I have pride in, it is kept shiny and pampered really Embarassed

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:14 - 15 Jul 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do keep thinking to myself that the CG is only little and wont take up to much space Smile

TUG
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:46 - 15 Jul 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
I like crap bikes, but I also like decent bikes at the same time. I really love my MZ, but I couldn't really ride it every day, I'd have to have something decent to tart about on. I do love my FZR400 but the problem with a cheap bike like that is that I end up really liking it and wanting to make it nice again.

So yes, I do like crap bikes, but I'd have to have a decent one too...

Ah i'm starting to miss my FZR400 now, that was a shit heap but boy was it fun!

evoboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:42 - 15 Jul 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a habit of buying crappy looking bikes, making them look and go nicely then selling them.

Other way round with new bikes, i just run them till they die.

I guess i just like to see the best in a bike.

APT Motorcycles

Beelzebob
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 11:36 - 16 Jul 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a crap bike. Chucked it down the road the other week.

Really not bothered about it at all, and actually thought, having picked it up and moved it to side of the road, "thank fuck I don't have a nice shiny bike." More scratches just add character.

People say Divvys are crap but hey, it's me first big bike and still puts a smile on my face when I open it up. Pretty tough old thing too, crashes well.

Bargain.

"Stronger than your average female lifeguard"

Gerrard
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 12:49 - 16 Jul 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Temeluchus wrote:
Love rats. I personally spend my money putting fuel in the tank and mechanically servicing the things, not polishing and looking at them.

Rat bikes are a touch of class.. Luv em Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

virus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:20 - 16 Jul 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Temeluchus wrote:
Love rats. I personally spend my money putting fuel in the tank and mechanically servicing the things, not polishing and looking at them.

Amen to that, stacking my bike only makes it look better Laughing

https://img801.imageshack.us/img801/4420/image007ws.jpg

Cheers
John
owned: 85 rat CG (sold), 91 GS500e (stolen), 84 gsx400f (scrapped), 81 z250 (siezed, siezed, scrapped), 83 cb250rs (sold), 84 gpz750r ratfighter (killed) 84gpz400 (sold), '80 cb650 ratfighter (wrote off) 95gsx6/12f ratfighter (killed) 91 xj900 (sold)
stinkwheel Well I just had my hands up a pigs fanny. Which makes your concerns pale into insignificance.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 289 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2