Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

4 stroke supermoto for under a grand?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Hardball
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 20:24 - 20 Jul 2011    Post subject: 4 stroke supermoto for under a grand? Reply with quote

I know I made a similar thread earlier but anyway I've decided to sell my rs 125 as I want to get myself a motocross/supermoto bike for a grand or under, I may be able to stretch to 1200 but I've seen used yamaha dt's and kawaksaki kmx's at these prices,
(I'd get a ktm if I could but they're usually 2k+) but they're mostly all 2 strokes, I'll get a stroker if thats all there is for that price and 125cc but I want something I can do hundreds of miles on if I want to travel without carrying gallons of full synthetic oil around with me. Only 4 stroke I've seen for under 1k in the 125cc class is chinese stuff which ermm yeh, nevermind. Anyone know any good 4 stroke supermoto 125's from the big four? or euro brands for that price range?

Nexus Icon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:30 - 20 Jul 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derbi Senda SM 125?

Hardball
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 20:47 - 20 Jul 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nexus Icon wrote:
Derbi Senda SM 125?

good call, definitely a nice bike but its whether I can find one in my area, the big fours are definitely alot more common but I'd definitely get an sm 125 given the oppurtunity. I'll have to look around and hope I find one close by.

jimbothe
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:57 - 20 Jul 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went on the bay, selected 125, put in price of max 1200

Knock yourself out Thumbs Up

https://motors.shop.ebay.co.uk/Motorcycles-Scooters-/422/i.html?Vehicle%2520Type=Enduro%252F%2520Supermoto%2520%2528road%2520legal%2529&_nkw=125&_dmpt=UK_Motorcycles&_fln=1&_ssov=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m282&_mPrRngCbx=1&_udlo=&_udhi=1%2C200
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nai
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:13 - 20 Jul 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimbothe wrote:

Excuse me for being a little girly but......

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUZUKI-TS-125-/180697957432?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item2a12700438

Cuuuuuuuuuuuute!!!!!

jimbothe
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:17 - 20 Jul 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Excuse me for being a little girly but......

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUZUKI-TS-125-/180697957432?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item2a12700438

Cuuuuuuuuuuuute!!!!!

Oh dear

https://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b342/jgillard/blendingin.jpg

Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nai
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:03 - 20 Jul 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

*runs off crying*

Razz

I kinda like the little retro looking bikes. The BSA Bantams look fantastic to me. Also quite like the Sinnis Trackstar. Reeeeealy love the Norton Black Scrambler. Not so cute but retro awesome! Mr. Green

Blob
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 01:01 - 21 Jul 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Honda XR125 that you could turn to look like a supermoto? Very Happy

Selling it too Shocked

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 01:19 - 21 Jul 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

WiTommo wrote:
I have a Honda XR125 that you could turn to look like a supermoto? Very Happy

Selling it too Shocked

Hoping to supermoto my CLR125 also Laughing

yambabe
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:46 - 21 Jul 2011    Post subject: Re: 4 stroke supermoto for under a grand? Reply with quote

Hardball wrote:
I want something I can do hundreds of miles on

You won't be wanting a supermoto or crosser-style bike then! Mr. Green

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 09:19 - 21 Jul 2011    Post subject: Re: 4 stroke supermoto for under a grand? Reply with quote

You do realise that you'll be doing 'hundreds of miles' significantly slower than the 2 stroke, yes? And that to do 'hundreds of miles' on a 2 stroke 125 is unlikely to use more than one litre of 2 stroke oil - so the internal tank is fine if you top that up at home?

I believe the MZ 125 supermoto is the one to go for if you're really stuck on getting a slow bike.

Hardball
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 12:24 - 22 Jul 2011    Post subject: Re: 4 stroke supermoto for under a grand? Reply with quote

G wrote:
You do realise that you'll be doing 'hundreds of miles' significantly slower than the 2 stroke, yes? And that to do 'hundreds of miles' on a 2 stroke 125 is unlikely to use more than one litre of 2 stroke oil - so the internal tank is fine if you top that up at home?

I believe the MZ 125 supermoto is the one to go for if you're really stuck on getting a slow bike.

well I was planning to go to the netherlands as well, I guess its possible on a 2 stroke but then I'll have to mess about mixing the oil and fuel on the way, but I may just a 2 stroke for local journeys and catch a plane if I wanna go further. Can't beat the sound of a 2 stroke crosser thats for sure Thumbs Up, in that case I'll be looking at getting a kmx or dt
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 252 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1