Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

new member's bike

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures
View previous topic : View next topic  

Kawasakigirl
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 15:35 - 09 Jan 2012    Post subject: new member's bike Reply with quote

hi all, had a read through the forum and like what i saw, so now its my turn to show you all my bike Very Happy first time in ages i managed to get out the other day so got a few pics Thumbs Up

https://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l567/kawasakigirl1/524.jpg

JoeDougieDoug...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:57 - 09 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice GPZ Thumbs UpSmile

I've always wondered about them, hows the riding position? Looks like a good choice for fairly long distance journeys.

Blackwolf
Burgerfist

PostPosted: 16:13 - 09 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, welcome to the forum. Hope you have very thick skin...

They seem to be really quite populat those GPZs..

Never liked them personally but each to thier own! Thumbs Up

Kawasakigirl
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 16:16 - 09 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I,ve only had it since september, so not had any real chance to get out on a long ride yet, but the few short rides i've done on it, i've had no probs at all. although i've not had a bike for over a year i didn't feel any ache's or pains when i started to ride again.... and for £400 it was't a bad buy Very Happy I'm looking forward to getting a proper feel for it this summer though Thumbs Up

Kawasakigirl
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 16:16 - 09 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I,ve only had it since september, so not had any real chance to get out on a long ride yet, but the few short rides i've done on it, i've had no probs at all. although i've not had a bike for over a year i didn't feel any ache's or pains when i started to ride again.... and for £400 it was't a bad buy Very Happy I'm looking forward to getting a proper feel for it this summer though Thumbs Up

garth
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:30 - 09 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deals for £400!

Dazbo666
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:33 - 09 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have very fond memories of my time with my GPZ... Thumbs Up a great bike for me
Good reliability, very comfortable, and certainly capable of spirited riding and/or touring

Welcome to the forum!!

Last edited by Dazbo666 on 16:35 - 09 Jan 2012; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kawasakigirl
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 16:35 - 09 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the money its pretty tidy Very Happy Only a few bits and bobs to do on it to get it looking better. nothing major though Thumbs Up

Kawasakigirl
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 16:42 - 09 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dazbo666 wrote:
I have very fond memories of my time with my GPZ... Thumbs Up a great bike for me
Good reliability, very comfortable, and certainly capable of spirited riding and/or touring

Welcome to the forum!!

Very Happy

blurredman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:56 - 09 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twin discs this one too! Mine's a single Sad

Congrats and welcome!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

mickfulton
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 21:37 - 09 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snap.
Got myself one of these i September as my first big bike. Im 6ft and think its just a little bit too cramped after 1-2hrs riding and i think the screen was meant for smaller japs :0
Great bike so far, but what do I know, its a million times better than a ybr as that's all i know so far he he
Not wanting to bash bfc, but maybe have a look at ex-500.com, its got some great advice on the wiki for new owners and has a list of what needs done to keep it sweet. Ive managed to replace the rear brake caliper myself following the advice there and Im a sausage fingered loon at mechanics. Thumbs Up

Welcome to the forum and the exclusive GPZ 500 owners club.
TBH, I think they are a bit ugly myself but I am the only person who can't see the bike when i ride so who gives a rats !!!!! I have ambitions (that will never happen probably) of re-spraying it white to tart it up a bit. I saw pictures of one and it looks reet swish imho
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bomberman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:39 - 09 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one too Thumbs Up (see sig) Looks like you got a real deal there! Smile

Kawasakigirl
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 23:51 - 09 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

mickfulton wrote:
Snap.
Got myself one of these i September as my first big bike. Im 6ft and think its just a little bit too cramped after 1-2hrs riding and i think the screen was meant for smaller japs :0
Great bike so far, but what do I know, its a million times better than a ybr as that's all i know so far he he
Not wanting to bash bfc, but maybe have a look at ex-500.com, its got some great advice on the wiki for new owners and has a list of what needs done to keep it sweet. Ive managed to replace the rear brake caliper myself following the advice there and Im a sausage fingered loon at mechanics. Thumbs Up

Welcome to the forum and the exclusive GPZ 500 owners club.
TBH, I think they are a bit ugly myself but I am the only person who can't see the bike when i ride so who gives a rats !!!!! I have ambitions (that will never happen probably) of re-spraying it white to tart it up a bit. I saw pictures of one and it looks reet swish imho
alot of people say there ugly, but you hit the nail on the head, you can't see what they look like when youre riding it Very Happy after not having a bike for nearly 2 years after i wrappwd up my kwak 636 a week before the TT (gutted!!!) and then getting totally suprised in sep when my bf opened the back of his work van and said "there you go, you can stop moaning now" It really didn't matter what bike it was as long as it was a bike... it could have been rainbow coloured for all i cared. i was just so happy to have a bike again Very Happy Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 82 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1