Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

XR-250 Gearbox Breakdown

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

Chedder
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 16:48 - 21 Mar 2004    Post subject: XR-250 Gearbox Breakdown Reply with quote

Hi there,

I've always loved this bike, its taken me absoloutly ages to be able to find one. I finally located one, much to my joy, unfortunatly it was seized and had been run without oil Crying or Very sad

I've started overhauling it. Purchased a replacement piston and rings, but I've had to take the gearbox apart to clean out all the bits of the old piston which had literally exploded inside the box.

I feel like a total muppet but while I was cleaning it out a couple of the discs got out of my hands and slipped out the gearbox, so now I need a little guidance as to how to put it back together. Brick Wall

If anyone has a technical breakdown of an XR-250 gearbox that they could point me to i would be forever in your debt Wink

I just need anything that clearly shows how the gearbox is put together so that I don't go with my best guess, make a mistake, and ruin what could be a fantastic ride.

Cheers all,
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 58 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1