Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Heatwaves and wheat beer.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell
View previous topic : View next topic  

yodagoat
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 19:10 - 21 Dec 2013    Post subject: Heatwaves and wheat beer. Reply with quote

My Girlfriend and I went on a short trip to Germany in September. Was a great trip. Here's the ride report

https://yodagoat.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/winton-massif-black-forest-2013.html

Feel free to leave a comment and let me know what ye think.

Cheers

Mike
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Eddie Hitler
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 04:50 - 22 Dec 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff! What camera did you use?

yodagoat
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 12:37 - 22 Dec 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers!

I used a Nikon d80 and my phone for the photos.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

instigator
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:53 - 22 Dec 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superbly written mate. I loved:

Quote:
I really wanted to make a video of going down it but like many things in Germany, using a camera on the rollercoaster was verboten. Luckily for you lot I didn't give two fucks and whipped the Gopro out of my pocket as soon as I was rolling. It was brilliant! Great fun! I had three runs all together! The wee sledge thingy has brakes but you don't need them. I tried to go as fast as I could on my second and third shot but kept catching folk up. Everywhere that has a chairlift should have one of these things.

Laughing I really need to take advantage of the fact I now live in Belgium and get riding over to Luxembourg & Germany.

Casper
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:55 - 22 Dec 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what is the Winton Massif? Is this named after the boozer in Pen******d? Many a bike club have had a meet in that pub.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

yodagoat
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 01:31 - 23 Dec 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye! The very one. We've seen a few bike clubs meet there over the years. I've been drinking there regularly since I was sixteen. Great place!

garth
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:49 - 23 Dec 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read all of that in the voice of billy connolly.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Casper
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:53 - 23 Dec 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

yodagoat wrote:
Aye! The very one. We've seen a few bike clubs meet there over the years. I've been drinking there regularly since I was sixteen. Great place!

I lived along the road at Samuelston for a good four years and never been in that pub once. I keep saying I will go but moved further to the coast now. Ill have a good read of your blag later as I am looking to go to the Black Forest for a few days next year. Might be the car though, we will see.

yodagoat
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 03:36 - 30 Dec 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you go to the Black Forest then pay a visit to Todtnau, that roller coaster thing in the video is great fun. Good currywurst at the top of the chairlift too.

Casper
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:22 - 30 Dec 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

yodagoat wrote:
If you go to the Black Forest then pay a visit to Todtnau, that roller coaster thing in the video is great fun. Good currywurst at the top of the chairlift too.

That the six minute one? Just been looking on youtube at that. Looks great. Might be tight for time as I only have a couple of days and want to get over to Riquewihr in France for a day. Looking to spent the night in a camp side around Lörrach then head back north again up the 500. Looking to shuffle a few things about to give us an extra few days so with a bit of luck me and that roller coaster will be at one. Another one a want a shot of is further north/east. Skip this to about 3.20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIIsvC6NTII
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 10 years, 90 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1