Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

' Spezial Visor Magic '

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

WannaBeDude
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:31 - 22 Nov 2011    Post subject: ' Spezial Visor Magic ' Reply with quote

Anyone know what this is, supposed to be ' great ' on visors for mist etc ..

My comments to the person who gave it me, was Warped on BCF said use mild green fairy liquid, and he knows his stuff Smile

Anyone used it b4 .. Rolling Eyes Smile

https://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e53/covdude/IMG_01211.jpg

Last edited by WannaBeDude on 11:08 - 22 Nov 2011; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

DrDonnyBrago
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:22 - 22 Nov 2011    Post subject: Re: ' Spezial Visor Magic ' Reply with quote

Fairy liquid will do fuck all except wash into your eyes and mouth when it rains. If you want to stop mist, get a fog city or pinlock insert, the rest are quite frankly a waste of time as they either don't work/cost a lot/need continual reapplication.

No idea what the rest of your post was about, why is there a picture of your bike when you were asking about visors?

Read this:

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/upload/Ride%20Magazine/Product%20test%20pdfs/3%20MAR08%20visordemist%20test.pdf

R6Armadillo
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 09:39 - 22 Nov 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fairy liquid works really well to stop the inside of the visor misting, I've used it almost every day for the past 3 winters. The trick is to use a really small amount and them wipe off as much as possible so you are left with a really think film. If there is too much you end up with a nicely distorted view.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 09:48 - 22 Nov 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to the NEC and look for the man selling fluorescent pink crayons. They are called 'Hawaiian stick' or something and they are damn good.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

WannaBeDude
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:05 - 22 Nov 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, this stuff, pics makes it look red, but it's pink, how do you apply it ..

When i finally buy a DECENT full face, will get the pinlock .. maybe Smile

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 11:37 - 22 Nov 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used them before I thought it was shit, it worked for about 30 minutes then nothing.

Pinlock FTW Thumbs Up

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 11:46 - 22 Nov 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

covdude wrote:
Yeah, this stuff, pics makes it look red, but it's pink, how do you apply it ..

When i finally buy a DECENT full face, will get the pinlock .. maybe Smile

You draw all over your visor with it, then you gently rub it in with a soft cloth. I found it works very well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

WannaBeDude
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:02 - 22 Nov 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inside and outside of the visor, how much drawing we talking ... Karma

neil.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:02 - 22 Nov 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also say Pinlock. But then I went back to wearing glasses to save money on contact lenses and they would steam up. A Respro Foggy Mask solved that problem and I could also remove the Pinlock too. Even yesterday and today in really thick fog, as long as I kept my visor shut, only the outside fogged up - but that would happen with a Pinlock as well. Just need to keep swiping it with your glove. Thumbs Up

garth
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:13 - 22 Nov 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've been sold urinal soaps?

Bomberman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:17 - 22 Nov 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

R6Armadillo wrote:
Fairy liquid works really well to stop the inside of the visor misting, I've used it almost every day for the past 3 winters. The trick is to use a really small amount and them wipe off as much as possible so you are left with a really think film. If there is too much you end up with a nicely distorted view.

It is actually pretty good, you do the same with diving masks.

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 17:19 - 22 Nov 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

covdude wrote:

Mmmmm Marzipan!

Actually, reminds me of when I was a fresher at Manchester; (Think 'Young-Ones': Vyvyan, Rick, Neil & Mike) One of the lads, in the house was 21, and a 'MatCHURE-Stuuudint' frum Wulvramptin'; and I think the first time he hadn't had mummy to iron his jeans for him before he went out, but becopuse he was almost two years older than the rest of us, decided that he must be the 'experienced' one. Spent the entire first week, asking "So where's the drUGz, th'in?"

Thursday afternoon; he returned to the house, TRIUMPANT, like a puppy with three tails, not knowing which to wag the hardest.... with a pennyweight of soap-bar....

He rounded up every-one in the house, "Kum, Ere! Look'dis! Oy, Fawd, SUM!"

And proudly unwrapped it in the living room, and placed it on the coffeee table....

We stood there, gazing, bemused, at his 'stash', and then at him, then at his stash.... then back at him....

After several moments, we were looking at him, obviousely bemused, and unsaid "AND?" on all our faces and he shrugged, and usshered towards his stash.... until he finally said, "Wot?!"

"OK, so what you going to do with it?"

"Will, tort we'd smoke it, wudnwee, swat y'dooo wiv drugz, innit?"

"OK.... AND....?"

"W'll, down anee wun know wot y'doo wiv it? I thort be loik a fag!"

bencav
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 18:40 - 22 Nov 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like carbolic soap

Will work similar to fairy lipsquid, just easier to stik in your pocket!

What does it smell of?

Oh, and PLEASE wipe your table before putting up pics, its is fecking filthy Wink

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 19:52 - 22 Nov 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

bencav wrote:
looks like carbolic soap

Will work similar to fairy lipsquid, just easier to stik in your pocket!

What does it smell of?

Oh, and PLEASE wipe your table before putting up pics, its is fecking filthy Wink

It smells of volatile chemicals. Very strong indeed.

Noxious89123
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:07 - 23 Nov 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bite a bit off and chew it.

Stops your eyeballs misting up.

Init.

WannaBeDude
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:37 - 23 Nov 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much to use per application.

Mike TLDR

Tables clean, will show you pic when it's manky Smile

Init. Rolling Eyes Smile

Charlie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:27 - 23 Nov 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dad put some on his spectacles and it ruined a coating that was on there resulting in him getting a new pair... although he said they where already on their way out.

We've got a stick but can't remember ever using it on my visor. Pinlock is best in my eyes Thumbs Up

bencav
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 18:46 - 23 Nov 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Volatile chemicals - deffinately not carbolic soap then!!

So people happily rub random solidified organis chemicals into their visors, which cost, what £40+... Why not do the sensible thing and just get a pinlock?!?!?!

janner_10
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:48 - 23 Nov 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

neil. wrote:
But then I went back to wearing glasses to save money on contact lenses and they would steam up.

Majorly off topic........I could never ever do this, I wear my specs for 2 mins in the morning before I put my lenses in and to read in bed. I hate with every fibre of my being the cocking about even wearing shades and a lid bring, let alone wearing specs all the time.

Walloper
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:33 - 23 Nov 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a tub of white cream/grease I got at a Scottish Car Show. I do not use it as it is shite.
Some of these products are wax/fat based so will 'demist' but vision can become distorted if not applied properly or too much is used.

Fog city/pin-lock are the best.

Even Rain-Ex is only temporary and is a cunt to apply. Though they claim it is some sort of Magic Pill.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 160 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1