Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Baby twin burble

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

scottI
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 02:13 - 22 Mar 2004    Post subject: Baby twin burble Reply with quote

Probably asking this Q for the hundreth time.. Here goes..
Slipon Exhaust ... I have a little (250cc) carby fed Vtwin 38ps .. if I were to fit an aftermarket can would current settings be Ok ...would I have to change anthing substantial ..re jet the carbys? ect. I m not after more power (would be nice ) just more noise ...*so the cars can hear me coming officer , er ......saftey resons *
could somone give me a link to a string this is covered in or some advice ....please ......thanks Very Happy

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 09:11 - 22 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generall it'll be okay. Most aftermarket cans are sold to work with the original settings. It might run slightly rich but that shouldn't be a problem.

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 11:35 - 22 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually it may run slightly lean, but seeing as most bikes, particularly old ones, are set up to run rich from the factory, a can often just evens out your mixture.

The easy way to check is to fit new spark plugs with the new can, ride it for 50-100 miles and then check the colour of the plugs. If they are tan brown, all is good. If they are white, or even white and blistered, you need to rejet with bigger jets.

scottI
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 02:12 - 23 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet .. sounds great guys cheers ..
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 57 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1