Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Double Standards

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

Moxey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:38 - 28 Dec 2011    Post subject: Double Standards Reply with quote

Don't often use this section but something just been getting me wound up lately.

A female friend of mine who I've been quite close with for a few years recently started discussing more about her bedroom antics that she gets up to with her boyfriend(s), she's always been a very laddish girl hence why have always been good mates with her but have never actually thought about what she does with her partners etc

Lately she told me that she's given a few of her bfs head, at the time didn't really pay much attention but later on I noticed I couldn't even look her in the eye when talking to her and eventually couldn't even think of anything to say (rarely ever happens with her banter is always pretty good), dunno why it should bother me when hanging around with the lads never get bothered about when they mention who they were eating out the other night or what other sick shit they got up to (quite alot) if anything its just factored into the banter.

Just feel like a tit for even letting it get to me, as she says to me 'just think of me as one of the lads', not difficult to do with her personality and taste in music.

Anybody else ever had dilemnas like this where you think your losing a friend over something stupid, personally feel like I need a cup of MTFU, I know well what most women go on like how she does just always tried to put her outside of that group.

mrtEE
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:50 - 28 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jealous of not getting head from her? Mr. Green

Moxey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:11 - 29 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah probably Laughing

Frost
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:35 - 29 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's weird i guess. You should have just continued conversation in another direction then come to terms with it in your own time?
I have quite a few female friends, sometimes i'll be out with a few of them, then more of their mates will turn up, also female. Before i know it it's me and 10 girls and i find myself sat on the sidelines listening to some very odd conversations without really knowing what to say. I guess it's exactly what happens when you drag a girlfriend down the pub and end up meeting up with the lads and talking about things from a blokes point of view Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Moxey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:09 - 29 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eventually did start talking to her again when got back to hers so wasn't just awkward silence for the rest of the night, usually whenever I do go to see her its just us two for a couple of hours, on the rare occasion her lass mates are around she's surprisingly quiet.

She's always been very frank about things so not really a surprise that it came up just weird that it took a few years, thinking about it though I have mentioned a few of my own experiences with her over the years and never thought about that Rolling Eyes

Don't think I really want to see her anytime soon but got to go through and pick up spare helmet from hers before she goes back to uni so see how that goes.

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:31 - 29 Dec 2011    Post subject: Re: Double Standards Reply with quote

Moxey, dude, u know what you need to do in order for you to chill out?

Moxey wrote:
female friend

Pics

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:01 - 29 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

You say she's always been frank about things so why not approach it in a way she understands. Tell her that her recent accounts have stirred some emotions that have left you confused about where you and her stand and ask her what SHE thinks you should do about it.

Then get yer cock out just in case Very Happy

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 10:54 - 29 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Discuss honsetly and frankly that it makes you feel uncomfortable when she discusses things like that with you...

Then say "No really, I'm wearing tight trousers." *whip it out* "Look, a cat couldn't scratch it.".

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:40 - 29 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mates don't cock-tease mates. Tut Tut

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 15:07 - 29 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

This to me sounds like the kind of girl who all her friends are men and she doesnt have any female friends.

She may be deliberately playing games or it could be completely unconscious.
N cee thirty This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Moxey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:25 - 29 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can always count on BCF to rationalise things and cheer me up Laughing

Don't think she was cock teasing I kind of lead the conversation down that way out of curiosity and didn't like what I heard I guess, and she's never owed me any money; gave me twice as much petrol money as I needed the other day for taking her out on the bike.

She makes a better bloke than a bird Razz just a shame she has nice tits (after that Danny 125 incident no there won't be pics.....well maybe later Twisted Evil )

Moxey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:05 - 29 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol its possible

'he hasn't tried to fuck me in 4 years, oh he must be gay'

mr jamez
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:16 - 29 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talking to your male friends about shagging is no problem, because at no point consciously or unconsciously have you thought about shagging them. No tension of any kind (unless they're shagging your little sister/wife/mum...)

I wouldn't talk about intimate details even in a jokey way to a female friend, even one I had slept with. You're more protective over her, possibly envious of random blokes getting their oats and their is always the possibility of having 'feelings' beyond friendship, however shallow they may be!

Anyway, why the fuck would you want to hear about some other blokes cock and how juicy it was Sick I'd make an agreement not to talk about stuff like that!

Handsome
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:37 - 29 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like she's bored with the way her life is currently going so she trys to me matey with you by talking how she thinks she should to keep your interest...

You on the other hand are bored with her flapping her gums on the same subject, hence the distance...

Or she could be a closet butch lesbian, seeing as she's quiet around women and brash and course around men, she's confused so she talks the way she thinks the current crop of friends are expexting her to talk...

Just punch her in the tits and be done with it...

Clanger
Stirrer

PostPosted: 21:01 - 29 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW, she might be so comfortable in your company now, that after 4years she thinks you don't want to get in her knickers, she can chat to you like a mate.

I think you need to either sort your head out and get over it...feel flattered that she would treat you like her best mate and roll with it. Or like someone before said, be perfectly frank/honest and say the intimate chat is a bit weird for you.

I do not think she is being a cock-tease. She is just sharing with her mate, as women do. Thumbs Up Talking about everything is not considered weird in a female world. Cool

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:43 - 30 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clanger wrote:
She is just sharing with her gay mate, as women do.

EFA. Fag-hag. Razz

J0Al1
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:55 - 30 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume that feelings get in the way and make double standdards without the person meaning too....

One of my X's didn not think anyone should be friends with or be in contact with any of their X's, how ever much of a one night stand they were.... Yet when we split he wanted to be friends Rolling Eyes

I'm not sure I would want to hear about my male friend experiences of going down - might make me wretch.

DrDonnyBrago
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:07 - 31 Dec 2011    Post subject: Re: Double Standards Reply with quote

Right so a girl talks about giving head and you get emotional...

https://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2010/09/05/magazine/05FOB-onlanguage/05FOB-onlanguage-t_CA0-articleLarge.jpg

Wink

I'm sure she wouldn't cringe if you said you chew the tuna kebab from time to time . Laughing Laughing Laughing I have had some pretty vile conversations with female friends without any intention of giving them one, if you genuinely feel uncomfortable talking about then say so, otherwise a healthy dose of MTFU should suffice Thumbs Up .

On a mildly similar note, a mate of mine told me that he was gay and that he was a taker all in one sentence... got to admit that kinda threw me for a second.

Moxey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:31 - 31 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

^Cheers for that Laughing

Things sorted itself out eventually just learned to appreciate that shes a total slag but still my mate (some other details came up that don't want to mention that gave me this opinion).

But I have to be nice and not say what I think or anything like that whilst she's offering to let me stay at her flat next year when I go to Wales on the bike.

TL;DR I got friend zoned and I might as well make the most of it by mooching off of her hospitality.

DrDonnyBrago
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:48 - 31 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moxey wrote:
slag

Moxey wrote:
Wales

Thinking

DonnyBrago, location: Newport S Wales

I joke Thumbs Up

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:33 - 01 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh, I have some lass mates that tell me about their intimacies as much as lad mates, not an issue.

Infact, my best mate's missus was telling me tonight in the same room as my best mate how their sex life is, and stuff..

I felt uncomfortable for him, but feel cool enough i'm 'trusted' with such info.

Tell her stuff back and be alright with it. Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 112 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1