Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

GoPro Hero 2 HD

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures
View previous topic : View next topic  

birbal
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 19:07 - 10 Dec 2011    Post subject: GoPro Hero 2 HD Reply with quote

I've got a new GoPro Hero 2 and I've tried today to make some 'long exposure' pictures during the evening. Is not actually what I was looking for but not so bad anyway:

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7171/6487774899_e5fc8c287a_z.jpg
GOPR0048 by Birbal's, on Flickr

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7019/6487773253_3a8f3e6310_z.jpg
GOPR0041 by Birbal's, on Flickr

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:35 - 10 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots, what made you go for the 2 over the HD Hero?

birbal
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 19:43 - 10 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is a very nice tinny camera with a good quality for its price (11 mpx). I'm not gonna use it mainly for pictures...I still love my old Nikon on film. I bought it because soon I'm going in holiday and I hope that I will make some nice videos climbing into the mountains. Also I love the wide angle lens. And sometimes I would like to make some videos as weel on my bike when I'm driving in much interesting places.

I choose the 2 version because it has a better resolution (11 mpx, and the other one I think it got 5 or something like that)

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:17 - 10 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, ok just seeing if there's any genuine reason to chooce the 2 over the HD. As I say great shots. Thumbs Up

birbal
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 20:23 - 10 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big_Ham wrote:
Hmm, ok just seeing if there's any genuine reason to chooce the 2 over the HD. As I say great shots. Thumbs Up

Thanks! Also 2 has a more intuitive menu and is easier to use...and the price difference between them is not so great. They say that the second one has an f2.8 lens wich is better in low light situations and the processpor is faster.

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:27 - 10 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

birbal wrote:

Thanks! Also 2 has a more intuitive menu and is easier to use...and the price difference between them is not so great.

The HD is near and makes no difference half the price of the 2 on amazon. If you can show me where to get a 2 for £160 I'm all ears. Thumbs Up

rumppole
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 20:33 - 10 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too bought the GoPro HD Hero2 recently. Much the same reason. Good camera and good resolution for a good price when compared to other sports cameras. The added bonus is that its waterproof upto 60m. So a good holiday camera too.

Ive mounted it on the blade and my helmet as such......

https://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb70/rumppole/Tank2.jpg

https://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb70/rumppole/tank1.jpg

https://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb70/rumppole/rear.jpg

https://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb70/rumppole/Helmet.jpg

Only problem is I made th mistake of attaching the mounting points to plastic fairings on the front and rear of the bike. The fairings on a blade are very thin and so vibrate the camera. Does anyone know how to remove the mounting points (3M adhesive type) without ruining them and leaving a sticky mess on the bike?

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:36 - 10 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Said sticky mess is easy enough to remove with a hairdryer, old credit card, white spirit (or similar) and patients. Thumbs Up

birbal
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 00:14 - 11 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

rumppole wrote:

Only problem is I made th mistake of attaching the mounting points to plastic fairings on the front and rear of the bike.

I used the Suction Cup Mount on my tank and it seems pretty stable and strong. I haven't tried yet at high speeds above 70 mph but they said on their oficial website that the Suction Cup Mount suppose to be fixed on a plane and stay there as well. Also a recomandation before using this Cup, just clean the surface a bit...no dust and any messy stuff.

ukbiker.info
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 00:45 - 11 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

rumppole wrote:
Does anyone know how to remove the mounting points (3M adhesive type) without ruining them and leaving a sticky mess on the bike?

Stick a large flat head screw driver or a metal rule between the hard plastic and the soft sticky stuff and prise it off gently. Aim to remove the black mount leaving the sticky stuff on the bike. Once you have gotten that far, the sticky stuff just peels off. Then wipe with a damp cloth.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

LordShaftesbu...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:49 - 11 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

rumppole wrote:
https://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb70/rumppole/Helmet.jpg

https://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20060301081250/muppet/images/f/f4/Wiseman.jpg

DaveB
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 16:51 - 11 Dec 2011    Post subject: Re: GoPro Hero 2 HD Reply with quote

birbal wrote:
I've got a new GoPro Hero 2 and I've tried today to make some 'long exposure' pictures during the evening.

Can you adjust the shutter speed on the GoPro? I've done a few motion shots when into cars where I used my DSLR. DSLR is a little bulky for the bike so want something smaller. Tried a compact with not great results so been tempted to try a GoPro. Only thing is really I want to be able to use shutter priority etc which I don't think you can.

Lot more room ona roof than on the tank etc, hence DSLR not ideal...

https://dbphotographic.smugmug.com/Cars/Motion/DSC9876/87241544_kDuA2-L.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mrtEE
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:06 - 13 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big_Ham wrote:
Said sticky mess is easy enough to remove with a hairdryer, old credit card, white spirit (or similar) and patients. Thumbs Up

How many do you need, or will just one do OK?

https://www.mkgeneral.nhs.uk/uploads/images/ae.jpg

JoeDougieDoug...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:34 - 13 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow - some nice shots there. Smile Wouldn't mind picking one of those up for myself after christmas... I didn't know you could take pictures on them though? Weird Laughing

birbal
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 15:43 - 13 Dec 2011    Post subject: Re: GoPro Hero 2 HD Reply with quote

DaveB wrote:
Can you adjust the shutter speed on the GoPro?

Unfortunatelly you can't change any settings (only the resolution of your pictures/videos). The lens has an maximum aperture of f2.8 and everything is automatically. I have tryed also with a Nikon P7000 but is vibrating too bad on my tank. With an DSLR is very hard because is heavy and I don't know how you can mount it.

DaveB
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 23:49 - 13 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a similar mount to the GoPro suction mount, works with the DSLR quite well but when I try it on the bike it gets in the way...only have an 18mm wide angle at the mo so need it quite a way back on the tank, which in turn interferes with my riding Sad am gonna give a go though .. Thumbs Up

Cheers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ukbiker.info
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 20:52 - 12 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems amazon are dropping prices on a plethora of cameras

VholdR ContourHD 1080P Helmet Camera

Does anyone have this one? It's less than £40 and might be worth a punt?
Action Cam 3 HD 720P

I want to have 3 or 4 cameras on the bike so If you have any of the cheaper ones, please let me know which you have and if they are any good. Cheers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

ms51ves3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:09 - 13 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Hero 2 night time shots. So tempted to get one just for that. The HD Hero at night is rubbish.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 109 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1