Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Bedroom ideas!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

-LG-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:03 - 10 Jan 2012    Post subject: Bedroom ideas! Reply with quote

I want to change my bedroom around a bit, the only downside is its tiny (6ft by 8ft). So I'm very limited to what I can do.

First plan is to move my bed to under my window, and my wardrobe next to it.

At the moment its a creamy colour, and a bit boring! So looking for something a bit different.

If anyone has any ideas that would be great! Photos as well, I've put 'small bedroom ideas' in Google and the examples are bigger than my room so a bit annoying!

Are TV brackets all standard now a days? I would like to put my TV on the wall, but no idea what I would need, I got the TV in 2007 if that makes a difference!

Tarmacsurfer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:14 - 10 Jan 2012    Post subject: Re: Bedroom ideas! Reply with quote

JFK wrote:
I want to change my bedroom around a bit, the only downside is its tiny (6ft by 8ft).

Holy mother of god Shocked

My bed is almost (6'6 by 6') that size Laughing

TV should have a VESA mount on the back, four bolt holes - just google the term for pictures and more info. If it doesn't have those then you won't be able to wall mount it.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 01:24 - 10 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

How high is the ceiling?

Sounds like a job for a loft bed.

https://homeinharmonia.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Amazing-and-Unique-Bedroom-Ideas-1.jpg

https://www.alldoing.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/Bunk-Beds-and-Lofts-designs-for-children-7.jpg
https://img.archiexpo.com/images_ae/photo-g/contemporary-double-loft-bed-148759.jpg

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 02:02 - 10 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt his room is big enough for something quite as grand as that, but bunk bed where the bottom bunk is actually a desk and maybe a wardrobe, could work.

https://www.designersofas4u.co.uk/images/pictures/product-images/jb/bedsitter-bunk.jpg

In the bottom pic, I really like the way the stairs double as drawers.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 02:34 - 10 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

colin1 wrote:

In the bottom pic, I really like the way the stairs double as drawers.

Assuming that's a standard double matress, the footprint should fit in 6' x 8'. Then it's down to where the door and window is.

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 06:35 - 10 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

Assuming that's a standard double matress, the footprint should fit in 6' x 8'. Then it's down to where the door and window is.

yeah but look at how high it is.

Something bunk bed sized will fit in any room, and is available from loads of furniture stores. Something double bed sized is as the top bunk is gonna be harder.

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:00 - 10 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't actually expect decorating ideas in a 'bedroom ideas' thread....

I AM DISPPOINT.

stinkwheel wrote:
That, in principle, is a cool idea... Thinking

Needs better stairs though.

-LG-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:09 - 10 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love some of those designs! Sadly, none would be suitable for my room Sad.

I've hit a brick wall...my bed is 78" long, and under my window its 74"...I tried brute force and that didn't work, so now I'm looking at getting a shorter bed (not too short as I'm 6ft 4").

Does anyone know of any places online that sell shorter beds, that aren't kiddie ones? I've found countless ones that aren't as wide, but its a struggle to find them shorter in length.

hellbound
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:19 - 10 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

st3v3 wrote:
I didn't actually expect decorating ideas in a 'bedroom ideas' thread....

I AM DISPPOINT.

I think he should get Karma raped for false advertising!

Charlie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:45 - 10 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

JFK wrote:
so now I'm looking at getting a shorter bed (not too short as I'm 6ft 4").

Have you slept much in a bed where you can't dangle your feet out of? I find them uncomfortable, restrictive and never really get a good night sleep in them.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 17:59 - 10 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charlie wrote:

Have you slept much in a bed where you can't dangle your feet out of? I find them uncomfortable, restrictive and never really get a good night sleep in them.

Agreed. I just bought a kingsize and it is totally awesome.

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:05 - 10 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was a kid we sawed a few inches out of my bed and then wedged the standard mattress in place so I could lay my room out in a very similar way.

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 21:06 - 10 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your mattress is butted right up against an external wall, mould is a possibility. Particularly if you don't open the window much.

6x8 is a shit size to do anything but sleep in. Use the TV in the living room and just use the bedroom for sleeping.

If you do wall-mount a TV, do it on the wall that has the least glare from the sun, then plan the bed location around that. If you don't have space for a large wardrobe, get a bed with big drawers underneath.

Charlie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:13 - 10 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robby wrote:
If your mattress is butted right up against an external wall, mould is a possibility. Particularly if you don't open the window much.

Happened/ing in my university house this year with a new divan style bed (replaced a more traditional bed), and my flat mate often opens her window too.

Robby wrote:
6x8 is a shit size to do anything but sleep in. Use the TV in the living room and just use the bedroom for sleeping.

This.

-LG-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:27 - 11 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a problem sleeping in a small bed, I slightly overhang at the moment I think, but often curl up.

Robby wrote:

If you do wall-mount a TV, do it on the wall that has the least glare from the sun, then plan the bed location around that. If you don't have space for a large wardrobe, get a bed with big drawers underneath.

My mattress is up against the wall at the moment (only a little bit) and so far, as far as I know, no problems!

Sadly, my mum won't let me use the living room TV for my Xbox and stuff Sad. Plus, I like being able to go to my room to do my own thing (wank to Holly Willoughby on This Morning).

I've heard that a divan bed is smaller, so going to have a look at that.

Thanks for the replies, really wish my room was bigger to do some of those ideas in the posts above!

sidewinder
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:37 - 11 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

buy some memory foam in the size you want Very Happy

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 01:46 - 11 Jan 2012    Post subject: Re: Bedroom ideas! Reply with quote

Bedroom in current place is a similar sort of size. Was thinking along Stinkwheel's idea so I could get a double/king bed in, but also have space to move after that. I was thinking to make my own lifting system one way or another.

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 02:15 - 11 Jan 2012    Post subject: Re: Bedroom ideas! Reply with quote

G wrote:
Bedroom in current place is a similar sort of size. Was thinking along Stinkwheel's idea so I could get a double/king bed in, but also have space to move after that. I was thinking to make my own lifting system one way or another.

Easiest way, is have the mattress on the floor to sleep on. and in the day have it vertical against a wall. No lifting devices needed. I did this at uni, as I had the room that had previously been a living room.

I did know someone once who had a neat folding bed with a normal matress, that folder up into a cupboard on the wall. Tidy, but more effort.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 02:19 - 11 Jan 2012    Post subject: Re: Bedroom ideas! Reply with quote

That would require having a clear floor area - the point of this is so that I can have say a computer desk (ideally with my steering wheel/gear/pedal setup), general clothes storage etc around.
No point just having the space for the sake of it.

kawakid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:15 - 13 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

UK houses are shxt for space.

Paivi
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:50 - 13 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get rid of the bed and get a hammock that you hang from the ceiling, and can pull all the way up when you get up.

TheSmiler
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 04:00 - 13 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really any help but this reminded me of the bedroom I wanted when I was a kind.
https://www.themarysue.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Hey-Arnold.jpg

This sweet room had a sofa that came out of the wall using a remote control if only you could do that to any house.
Fairies attack This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

-LG-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:15 - 14 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fairies attack wrote:
Kiss,
Finger,
Fuck,
Throw/Walk out

Surely it isn't that hard.

Read the thread you cunt...surely it isn't that hard Wink.

I've seen what you shag, so think I'll pass on whatever you say.

groovylee
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:25 - 14 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

JFK, it's almost like - i think it, you type it Thumbs Up i'd give you karma for that one, but i have run out of ratings today after karma raping a spammer Sad

Current - 2002 Aprilia RSV1000R & 1999 Kawasaki ZX6R
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 99 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2