Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Bike run scotland whos up for it.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> UK National
 Topic moved: from The Workshop to UK National by G (10 Apr 2012 - 20:03)
View previous topic : View next topic  

AndrewT1991
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 16:05 - 10 Apr 2012    Post subject: Bike run scotland whos up for it. Reply with quote

Hi folk im thinking of trying to get a few friends together with the bikes.
To go a big ride out for a few weeks round all scotland (without using motorways as myself and a few friends are on learner cbt license on 125cc bikes and one is on a 125cc scooter) but im the only one who is unemployed or not at college etc so i can do it no probs but some of my friends are at college or working and not sure if they would get the time off for it.
All you would need is yourself the bike obviously all your gear maybe a tent or sleeping bag etc whatever you'd rather. Some money for fuel and food. (ill prob take a petrol canister for extra fuel incase me or anyone runs low lol).
Thats it.

Tbh just basically thinking of going round all of scotland and go to wherever we want to to go see etc.

So is anyone up for a motorbiking holiday ride out round scotland ????
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 16:26 - 10 Apr 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unemployed, how are you paying for fuel and insurance? Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easter Bunny
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:39 - 10 Apr 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

##Paddy## wrote:
Unemployed, how are you paying for fuel and insurance? Wink

He isnt.............You are!

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 16:45 - 10 Apr 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was waiting for the "I'm on job seekers, let me spunk your tax whilst you waste your hard earned cash riding slowly with my 125 pedboi mates" Laughing

Ariel Badger
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:29 - 10 Apr 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first thought was "why is this in the Workshop forum?" but then I read that it was a load of lads on 125s and scoots and realised that this was its natural home.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 18:05 - 10 Apr 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Wrong section.

2) Pick a date and a route, publish it, and people might join you. If you start asking then you'll end up chopping and changing the itinerary half a dozen times to accommodate people who likely won't show up on the day anyway.

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:27 - 10 Apr 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I'm doing my hair.
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

Redoko
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:51 - 10 Apr 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unemployed and not in college?

Have you thought of getting off your arse and doing something with your life before going out on jollies cause I'd rather not pay for it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 21:37 - 10 Apr 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redoko wrote:

Have you thought of getting off your arse and doing something with your life before going out on jollies cause I'd rather not pay for it.

Was gonna pull the "Uni partying scum" card but IIRC you work in a supermarket?

AndrewT1991
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 15:58 - 11 Apr 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im actually on carers allowance as i care for my disabled mum i have always worked or been at college but have lately not been able to work as caring for my disabled mum and caring for my gran after she fell down the stairs so im not lazing about on my arse everyday just to make it clear.
I have saved up some money for fuel and food etc before ifinished my last job i paid the rest of my insurance so im fully insured until about october roughly.
I have a tent and the bike mot tax insurance etc etc i have money for the fuel etc.
I was only asking if anyone would like to join me and my friends on a motorbiking holiday ride out round scotland.
Me and my friends are planning out where to go and routes to take etc.
I am supposed to be starting college in august so i am wanting to try do this before i start the college as i have the time just now as my family are willing to care for my mum while im away so it will give me a break away before i go to college.

If anyones interested let me know if not please dont reply.
Thanks.
Take care folks.

Alpha-9
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:03 - 11 Apr 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop being tits. Your taxes pay for bank bailouts and politicians expenses, the little guy is far more worthy of my money Thumbs Up

Enjoy your jolly, you're only young once Thumbs Up

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 16:41 - 11 Apr 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm...

Well, kudos if you are caring for your mum, mines disabled also. Although I don't help her and she still does my washing. Laughing

Erm, I would join you... but Scotland, can you not go somewhere nicer? Where are you based. 125s would be at home on a smaller island. Wink

LordShaftesbu...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:14 - 11 Apr 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if you post the route I would try to join a section of it, circumstances permitting. Don't fancy the camping though but would be happy to meet up for an afternoon's hooning.

Redoko
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:31 - 11 Apr 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

##Paddy## wrote:
Redoko wrote:

Was gonna pull the "Uni partying scum" card but IIRC you work in a supermarket?

Commute every weekend back to home to work at said supermarket.

Haven't been out on the lash since early September. Haven't got the time or the money.

Currently have 5 projects going on, one of them being my dissertation proposal which I can be failed for. Regardless of success I've had in the modules that actually matter in my course.

Fair enough on looking after your mum. I wouldn't talk about that kinda sh!t on here though.

Enjoy your trip.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:32 - 23 Apr 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gone quiet?

Once again, with feeling, if you want people to join your ride, then publish your itinerary. Please don't pull the "nobody said they were interested in doing some vague thing in an indeterminate place at an unknown date, so waah, I cancelled".
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 11 years, 360 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> UK National All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1