Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Where is hot in March?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

shereen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:17 - 23 Jan 2012    Post subject: Where is hot in March? Reply with quote

I need a holiday so have booked a week off from the 12th March.

I have a budget of about £500 and ideally want all inclusive but definately want hot - enough to tan!!

Any suggestions? I have looked at Egypt but the flying time is putting me off... 7.5 hours Thumbs Down

fatpies
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:18 - 23 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spain and the Canary Islands.

Its a tad out of season though..... everybody skydivery burgers off to Spain and Portugal for the good weather.

tatters
Exxon Valdez

PostPosted: 14:19 - 23 Jan 2012    Post subject: Re: Where is hot in March? Reply with quote

shereen wrote:

Any suggestions? I have looked at Egypt but the flying time is putting me off... 7.5 hours Thumbs Down

If you dont want to fly for any more than a few hours your only choice for Sun at that time of the year is Spain/Portugal/Morocco
Past:NRG50,AF1125(x2),NSR125RR,ZZR250,CX500,VFR400,KR1S,ZZR600(x2),CB400N,YZF1000(x2),KH125,Z200,FX400R,CBR954RR(x2)GPZ500S,GT550,VFR750F(x2),RD350N,XR650R,CBR600F,CB250,KDX250,YZF750R,CRM250,400EXC,KLR650,TTR600RE,DR350S,R100GSPD,RGV250,VMAX1200,DL650 Present:G650XC,C12,KZ750,1190ADV
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

shereen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:22 - 23 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

fatpies wrote:
Spain and the Canary Islands.

Its a tad out of season though..... everybody skydivery burgers off to Spain and Portugal for the good weather.

I looked at Madeira as a friend owns property there, but he said its not that hot?? Iv looked online for average temperatures but I would prefer peoples actual experiences.

GhostRider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:27 - 23 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you manage to get a weeks all inclusive for £500 or less I'll post photos of me putting a spoon in my bum then licking it.

GhostRider
I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 14:33 - 23 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just come back from Barcelona, the Forcast said 15/16 degrees, it was 21 on Sunday. I imagine it will be hotter in March!

shereen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:35 - 23 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i959.photobucket.com/albums/ae74/Clearancelines/holiday.png

GhostRider wrote:
If you manage to get a weeks all inclusive for £500 or less I'll post photos of me putting a spoon in my bum then licking it.

GhostRider

When your ready Wink

fatpies
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:39 - 23 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:
I have just come back from Barcelona, the Forcast said 15/16 degrees, it was 21 on Sunday. I imagine it will be hotter in March!

Can go the other way as well. Was in Faro last March, the forecast said it was 18C. It was 6C and raining heavily.

Fizzer Thou
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:39 - 23 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to Valencia for the World Super Bikes in March a few years ago.It was so hot I was surprised the racers were able to do as many laps as they did in that heat.Even in the evening it was gorgeous to be able to sit outside and watch the world go by the bar that we were at.

Always have a 'Plan B'

GhostRider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:41 - 23 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'll be fucking buggered....

GhostRider
I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.

tatters
Exxon Valdez

PostPosted: 14:42 - 23 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

shereen wrote:
https://i959.photobucket.com/albums/ae74/Clearancelines/holiday.png

GhostRider wrote:

GhostRider

When your ready Wink

Its cheap for a reason as the place is full of Scummy Chavs, Dirty Russians and pervert Arabs.
Past:NRG50,AF1125(x2),NSR125RR,ZZR250,CX500,VFR400,KR1S,ZZR600(x2),CB400N,YZF1000(x2),KH125,Z200,FX400R,CBR954RR(x2)GPZ500S,GT550,VFR750F(x2),RD350N,XR650R,CBR600F,CB250,KDX250,YZF750R,CRM250,400EXC,KLR650,TTR600RE,DR350S,R100GSPD,RGV250,VMAX1200,DL650 Present:G650XC,C12,KZ750,1190ADV
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

shereen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:48 - 23 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

GhostRider wrote:
Well I'll be fucking buggered....

GhostRider

The power of the teh internets. Laughing

fatpies
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:48 - 23 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

GhostRider wrote:

GhostRider

heh

https://www.bikechatforums.com/files/cfiles37862.jpg

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 17:54 - 23 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get on bike, ride to Spain.

Perfectly good excuse for a long ride out Laughing

Plan on doing something with MrJoolz and some people at some point Mr. Green

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:01 - 23 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Where is hot in March?
In my pants...Hop in.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:48 - 23 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

tatters wrote:

Its cheap for a reason as the place is full of Scummy Chavs, Dirty Russians and pervert Arabs.

And now Shereen. Shocked

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:52 - 24 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the middle of March, the Southern European countries and the European Med countries are not guaranteed to have wall to wall sunshine. The weather at that time of year is still going to be changeable, there will still be a very good chance of rain, an even greater chance that it's going to be windy with the possibility of the odd thunder storm.
You need to go further south for guaranteed "heat" at that time of year.
IMO the best chance of decent weather, at that time of year, for your budget, would be the Canaries or, possibly, Malta.

Dilyan
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:28 - 24 Jan 2012    Post subject: Re: Where is hot in March? Reply with quote

shereen wrote:

The flight is not 7.5 hours. The times that you got on that Print Screen of yours are local (Egypt is 2 hours ahead). Funny how on the way out it is 7.5 hours and on the way back - 4 hours Smile

The flight, in fact is about 5 and a half hours long Wink

shereen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:01 - 24 Jan 2012    Post subject: Re: Where is hot in March? Reply with quote

Dilyan wrote:
shereen wrote:

The flight is not 7.5 hours. The times that you got on that Print Screen of yours are local (Egypt is 2 hours ahead). Funny how on the way out it is 7.5 hours and on the way back - 4 hours Smile

The flight, in fact is about 5 and a half hours long Wink

I even googled it and it came up with between 7 and 8 hours flying from london. How odd.

Well Egypt may be the leading contender now. Laughing

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 10:21 - 24 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Canaries are pretty consistent all year round, I went out there in January a couple of years ago and it was 25-30C in the day, min of about 15 at night.

Some people were on the beach, but it wasn't quite hot enough. Should be in March when it's slightly warmer.

I rarely hear good things about the cheap places in Egypt. You'll fit right in.

calyx
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:19 - 24 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cyprus Thumbs Up

neatbik
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:43 - 24 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canaries i would agree with.

Pick where you stay carefully and you can have a nice chilled holiday.
I went to Gran Canaria a few years ago, it was a 4 hour flight (about the longest i would want to be sat in a cramped plane).

Try to see if you can stay at a Riu hotel, they are worldwide and very very good.
We arrived at 3:00 am at our hotel, just me and the wife, and they opened up the restaurant and kept a waiter on for us.

Egypt i have never been to, but i went to Tunisia about 12 years back. It was just as it was gearing up for tourists and it still had a slightly menacing air to it (still might for all i know..)

Was good fun though, exploring the souks and camoing out in the desert. Seemed like proper Indiana Jones stuff.
Laughing

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:42 - 24 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

calyx wrote:
Cyprus Thumbs Up

Nah, the weather is still too unsettled here in March, thunder storms and cold in the evening, also the sea is still cold.
If anyone is thinking of coming here I wouldn't bother until May.
By the middle of May our, unheated, swimming pool is warm enough to swim in. From May onwards it toasty until the middle of Oct, by then it gets cold in the evening. Mid Dec to the end of Feb it's cold, (that's a relative term of course Laughing )!

Right now, from my office window, I can see snow on top of Troodos, all the roads up there were shut at the weekend due to drifting snow, there was about 40 cm coverage on the ski runs, more snow is expected on Wed & Thurs.

We had 12 hours of torrential rain on Saturday night, going by the water level in the swimming pool, we had 8 inches of rain, that's a months worth in half a day, there was a landslide a couple of miles up the main road from my house. Shocked

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 12:42 - 24 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

When we were in Teneriefe a few years ago it was far from the party-place it seemed it was a few years before.

Very good range of 'activities' to do there.

Oh and haven't been to many touristy bits of Tunisia, but been there on and off and stayed with my Aunt and been fine.
Since their recent 'revolution', stuff may be even better, despite there being an Islamic extremist party in power (they have bowed to general public pressure and actually ended up giving women more rights than previously, etc.)

angryjonny
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:23 - 24 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharm is awesome for diving (or at least the Red Sea is) but I'd avoid it if you actually plan to hang around the place during the day and not be off out on a boat somewhere.

Dahab, up the coast is supposed to be nicer but again, is really just a base for divers. Not much else there.

Personally, I'd +1 the Canaries as well. I'm off to Gran Canaria at the end of April but March should still be ok weather-wise.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 68 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2