Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

My Z750 Daily Runner....

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Topic moved: from Show & Tell to General Bike Pictures by G (23 Jan 2012 - 22:09)
View previous topic : View next topic  

Lynchasaurus
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 23:52 - 23 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billing wrote:
How does it defy the point? It's BIKE Chat Forums, not Modified Bike Chat Forums...

Well there is no point posting a thread about a standard bike?

Fair enough if he wanted help with something or advice Middle Finger Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

swiftb
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:55 - 23 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://borderlinegood.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/gary-busey-thumbs-up.jpg

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 00:11 - 24 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leaving it standard...no.

Putting back to standard as much as I can.. possibly.

Changing it to look more presentable. Yes. Laughing

https://yesterdaystheory.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/IMAG0472.jpg

BCF will be amazed in a month when it changes completely Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

nowhere.elysium
The Pork Lord

PostPosted: 00:14 - 24 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

##Paddy## wrote:

Too bloody right we will be Laughing
That gasket still holding up?

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 00:16 - 24 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

nowhere.elysium wrote:
##Paddy## wrote:

Too bloody right we will be Laughing
That gasket still holding up?

Erm, yes, need to buy engine bolt set though, its missing a bolt, could possibly nick one from the starter motor.

Can't wait to show BCF the transformation Mr. Green

nowhere.elysium
The Pork Lord

PostPosted: 00:19 - 24 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

##Paddy## wrote:

Erm, yes, need to buy engine bolt set though, its missing a bolt, could possibly nick one from the starter motor.

Can't wait to show BCF the transformation Mr. Green

I probably have a bolt that'll fit. What's the length and thread?

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 00:24 - 24 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will photo tomorrow as I'm popping to the "garage" Laughing Its just a generic allen headed bolt https://www.bikedevils.com/ekmps/shops/bikedevils/images/pro-bolt-engine-bolt-kit-gsxr-750-k4-k5-04-05-esu149-12333-p.jpg

one touching the allen key there. (the 2 bolts)

nowhere.elysium
The Pork Lord

PostPosted: 00:34 - 24 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

##Paddy## wrote:
Will photo tomorrow as I'm popping to the "garage" Laughing Its just a generic allen headed bolt

one touching the allen key there. (the 2 bolts)

So that's, what, 20-25mm length? Should have something that'll do it.

nowhere.elysium
The Pork Lord

PostPosted: 00:47 - 24 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
OP - your negative ratings only make me harder.
Robby This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

TUG
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:00 - 24 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I fuckin like it atleast...
Then again it would look better with the original head light unit on and less gay anodized bits.

Lynchasaurus
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 07:23 - 24 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I never said I liked my headlight, I was just sick of the old one being soo big....

And what anodised bits? :S

Welshd1k
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:56 - 24 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billing wrote:
How does it defy the point? It's BIKE Chat Forums, not Modified Bike Chat Forums...

says teh boy who had to modify everythign on his nc30 ...

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 16:30 - 24 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sightly confused by all the hate, bit harsh on the OP no?

I for one will let this bandwagon trundle by.

denarmmm
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 17:12 - 24 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im also confused about the major hate... if its 'constructive critisism' then you should point out the things that would make the bike look better, rather then hate on the things you believe to be done wrong. IMO anyway Shocked

nowhere.elysium
The Pork Lord

PostPosted: 17:14 - 24 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:

A lot of it has to do with the fact that this was originally entitled "My turbo'd streetfighter Z750"
Other than that, it's just that it fulfils every single negative stereotype of a bad streetfighter job, apart from the raised tail (which hasn't happened yet, so maybe there's some hope).

mysterious_rider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:14 - 24 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually on second look i withdraw my opinion! the second picture it looks okay.

First picture of it green it looks awful, proper bad photo matey. Take some better ones and you'll get a better response Laughing

Lynchasaurus
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 19:09 - 24 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll have to trust me when I say it is an amazing paint job, I just haven't got a camera good enough too prove it :/ (I did get it done professionally as well incase there was some confusion there)

P.s. I have raised the tail.....hate away....

Lynchasaurus
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 19:13 - 24 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

nowhere.elysium wrote:
chris-red wrote:

A lot of it has to do with the fact that this was originally entitled "My turbo'd streetfighter Z750"
Other than that, it's just that it fulfils every single negative stereotype of a bad streetfighter job, apart from the raised tail (which hasn't happened yet, so maybe there's some hope).

First of all I never seriously called my bike a street fighter and it never will be Neutral

If this is "constructive critisism" then you'll explain to me what these negative stereotypes are and how I can improve my bike without ruining it but without it being standard?? Neutral

nowhere.elysium
The Pork Lord

PostPosted: 19:44 - 24 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lynchasaurus wrote:

First of all I never seriously called my bike a street fighter and it never will be Neutral

If this is "constructive critisism" then you'll explain to me what these negative stereotypes are and how I can improve my bike without ruining it but without it being standard?? Neutral

Well, for starters, don't go listing it as a thing that it isn't. We'd have probably left you alone if you hadn't put up the initial title.
Secondly, having a kwak in a washed-out green is just plain wrong.
Thirdly, monster stickers are almost as bad as '46' stickers on a 125.
Finally, that headlight is pony, and will have the worst light pattern in history, thus rendering it utterly useless, and probably quite dangerous.
I personally don't like the lurid hoses either, but to each their own. The knuckle duster cutouts that you were on about are the most retardedly crass thing that you can stick on a bike, and make the rider come across as an unoriginal spanner.
Also, for the sake of definitions, it's not a streetfighter: it started life as a naked bike, and the mods weren't to repair potentially expensive fairing damage. It's a modded naked bike. Call it what it is; if you're going to use an exciting title to attract viewers, don't do it when BCF's resident bastards are all in chat at the same time, or you'll end up with a response like you did.

denarmmm
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 20:06 - 24 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL hows that for a direct answer

denarmmm
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 20:06 - 24 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL hows that for a direct answer

Lynchasaurus
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 20:18 - 24 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

nowhere.elysium wrote:
Lynchasaurus wrote:

Well, for starters, don't go listing it as a thing that it isn't. We'd have probably left you alone if you hadn't put up the initial title.
Secondly, having a kwak in a washed-out green is just plain wrong.
Thirdly, monster stickers are almost as bad as '46' stickers on a 125.
Finally, that headlight is pony, and will have the worst light pattern in history, thus rendering it utterly useless, and probably quite dangerous.
I personally don't like the lurid hoses either, but to each their own. The knuckle duster cutouts that you were on about are the most retardedly crass thing that you can stick on a bike, and make the rider come across as an unoriginal spanner.
Also, for the sake of definitions, it's not a streetfighter: it started life as a naked bike, and the mods weren't to repair potentially expensive fairing damage. It's a modded naked bike. Call it what it is; if you're going to use an exciting title to attract viewers, don't do it when BCF's resident bastards are all in chat at the same time, or you'll end up with a response like you did.

Well the title was a joke, I didn't think everyone would take it so seriously Neutral....

The paint wasn't my choice....well it was but it looks a lot different on a piece of card then on the bike, I actually wanted the original kawak green but was convinced too change it up a bit since I was gettin it sprayed anyway....

Thirdly the monster thing was kind of a joke,, I didn't seriously put it on because it looked good....in fact if there's one thing I hate its people covering shit in monster stickers but it's long gone now soo anyways....

And the headlight...as I said...Im not a massive fan of but the standard one is HUGE and I didn't like it + it's heavier then it looks which does affect handling....and is purely temporary till I find one I like....suggestions maybe??

I wanted to upgrade the hoses because my brakes where pony and I thought I'd color code them...bad idea maybe? But I like color coding.

The knuckleduster cut outs are injector protectors....I thought it was a funny idea at the time but have realised what I've done! New original ones in their way...

And can we please stop using the word "street fighter" because my bike isn't one and I never seriously suggested it was...end of.

Last edited by Lynchasaurus on 22:16 - 24 Jan 2012; edited 1 time in total

Billing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:40 - 24 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welshd1k wrote:
Billing wrote:

says teh boy who had to modify everythign on his nc30 ...

Aaaaaaaaand your point is? Why should a standard bike be ignored here? That was what I meant, so stop trying to be an antagonizing git Laughing

Clanger
Stirrer

PostPosted: 21:23 - 24 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lynchasaurus wrote:
Well the title was a joke, I didn't think everyone would take it so seriously Neutral

Aaah, the beauty of the written word being taken the wrong way. Another time you want something to be taken as a joke, why not write (joke) in brackets...or add a laughing emoticon...that way it will come across as intended.

HTH the textually inept. Wink Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 67 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4