Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Hein Gericke - going bust?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Denali
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 00:29 - 31 Jan 2012    Post subject: Hein Gericke - going bust? Reply with quote

Hi - have been chasing an order that I placed over 4 weeks ago with these guys and has still not arrived.

Didn't reply to emails until I threatened to charge back the transaction and they claimed it had been posted that day (about 10 days ago) as they were having problems with suppliers.

Still nothing has arrived and now back to not replying to emails.

Feels very much like a retailer on the verge of going under and having problems with their suppliers / getting stock / not answering calls and emails.

Anyone else having problems with them? Heard anything?

Chris750
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 00:41 - 31 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to speak to people on the phone in situations like this, e-mails are more easily ignored.
Follow up your conversation with an email to document it by all means though.
Phone them up, get the persons name you spoke to.
Then hassle that person until they sort it out.

I would say this is more a case of bad customer service than anything else as I have had several dealings with them recently.

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 01:31 - 31 Jan 2012    Post subject: I have to wonder does anyone notice when a chap writes here? Reply with quote

This post is a month late and you forgot to post in Dec 2010.

HTH Thumbs Up

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 01:36 - 31 Jan 2012    Post subject: She grew up with the children of the stars, in the hollywood Reply with quote

I'm more concerned that I've waited something like 8 months for a discount card and it still hasn't turned up!

Llama-Farmer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:39 - 31 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm waiting for some gloves that I've paid for and they had to order in. They said they'd ring me, that was 2 weeks ago so gonna ring them on my day off on wednesday and find out what's going on.

WannaBeDude
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:44 - 31 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Their proberly holding less stock in these times, yet take orders still. Fair enough, but should inform one and keep updated. Rolling Eyes

keggyhander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:09 - 31 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

covdude wrote:
Their proberly holding less stock in these times, yet take orders still. Fair enough, but should inform one and keep updated. Rolling Eyes

I'm of the firm opinion that if something is being sold on a website it should be no more than 4 days away from the customer.

"We can order it for you?"

"FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!

MinhDinh
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:32 - 31 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biking is suffering a lot. Strangely enough, the higher fuel prices were suppose to get more bikers on the road, and perhaps it dies, but plenty of companies are in the red or just closed down in the last 3 years.

Llama-Farmer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:55 - 31 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

keggyhander wrote:
I'm of the firm opinion that if something is being sold on a website it should be no more than 4 days away from the customer.

"We can order it for you?"

"FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!

I am if it says on their website that it's IN STOCK.

Should specifically state before you pay whether it is in stock with the retailer or whether it would have to be ordered from a supplier. If it's in stock, send out the same working day if ordered before say 4pm, or next working day if after then. Shouldn't take more than 3 working days from ordering to opening.

Unfortunately I've experienced several occasions when ordering online, where it says in stock and it isn't. I've even had someone on the end of the phone say they have it in stock and will dispatch it the same day, only to contact me a few days later to tell me they are going to have to order it from their supplier. THAT is not on, so I cancelled the order and went with someone else who were just as cheap.

JonnyFoxtrot
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 09:50 - 31 Jan 2012    Post subject: Yes Sickpup, other eagle eyed chaps will notice :) Reply with quote

It wouldn't surprise me at all if that was the case but I cant see someone like Hein Gericke going under anytime soon.

Saying that I bet no one said that about George White's at the time either Confused

yen_powell
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:13 - 31 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

After waiting a long time for something I ordered about 12 years ago (caneclled the order in the end), if it aint on a shelf in the shop at HG I don't bother. Their catalogue has wonders to behold, but you try getting hold of some of it.

iooi
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:19 - 31 Jan 2012    Post subject: Re: Hein Gericke - going bust? Reply with quote

Denali wrote:
Didn't reply to emails until I threatened to charge back the transaction and they claimed it had been posted that day (about 10 days ago) as they were having problems with suppliers.

Well, given that you have threatned to get your card provider to chargeback......

Get onto them now and do it.....

Nice easy phone call to ypur card providers dispute dept. They will take a few details and start the process for you.
Can give you advise on Visa, and that you will see a refund in a couple of days and then HG will have 60 days to contest. Prove delivery in this case....
Don't delay too long as you only have 120 days to dispute. Thumbs Up

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:23 - 31 Jan 2012    Post subject: Re: Hein Gericke - going bust? Reply with quote

Denali wrote:
Hi - have been chasing an order that I placed over 4 weeks ago with these guys and has still not arrived.

Stopped reading here. Unless it was listed as a special order, and it's something that you absolutely can't find anywhere else, then just do a chargeback now.

c-m
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:13 - 31 Jan 2012    Post subject: Re: Hein Gericke - going bust? Reply with quote

Hein Gerike are all franchises so I doubt they're all going bust.

In store customer service is always very good, never ordered online.

Stock varies and is often poor.

Pick up a bargain a few weeks ago too, 30lires waterproof duffel type back for less than £4.

Then went in a week later to buy some scottoiler oil, they only stocked the stuff for warm climate 20c and above. Really? How dumb was the guy who ordered that in. Average summer temperature is 14c in this country.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Louise
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:28 - 31 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I worked for HG any online order was taken from one shop only. I think this was a London store -
If London didnt have it, they would phone other stores and credit us for shipping that item back to London.
Would take a week at the most for the customer to get there goods.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Cheeseybeaner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:59 - 31 Jan 2012    Post subject: Re: Yes Sickpup, other eagle eyed chaps will notice :) Reply with quote

JonnyN wrote:
It wouldn't surprise me at all if that was the case but I cant see someone like Hein Gericke going under anytime soon.

Saying that I bet no one said that about George White's at the time either Confused

So George White's have gone now?

I was shopping in their Slough clothing outlet a few weeks ago for a helmet and they told me they had just closed their servicing and sales department but were going to continue doing the clothing side of things.

He didn't say anything about shutting up shop!
Was going to go over there today actually as they had a really cheap range of locks there.

They were making comments in there about Hein Gericke having to close a lot of their stores which I suppose isn't surprising given how dear their gear is. Seeing as they're a German firm though I'd imagine they're pretty buoyant and would just be looking at curtailing their UK ops?

Last edited by Cheeseybeaner on 16:45 - 31 Jan 2012; edited 2 times in total

andys675
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:07 - 31 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

HEIN GERICKE have already gone bust several times!

they've had the management buy them out, the accountant buy them out, and last time the american owner sold the firm for $1 as they had $40m of stock and $140m of debt

in germany there are 4/5 firms like hein gericke, and all these firms have multiple outlets all over the country and thats what HG is up against at home, all of their HG's european shops were part of the group, that went bust and that was when they seperated the uk shops from the main

don't think they're franchises, but I do know the shop managers are self employed, so they can get rid of the poor performers without too much fuss

fatjames
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:29 - 31 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I told the manager his firm seemed like it was on the way out, as this morning, they wouldn't order things that weren't on the shelves anymore.
They also had no oil in stock!!
Next it'll be cash only!

Cheeseybeaner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:02 - 31 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

fatjames wrote:
I told the manager his firm seemed like it was on the way out, as this morning, they wouldn't order things that weren't on the shelves anymore.
Next it'll be cash only!

Ha! I was in there the other week trying to buy some oil which was out of stock, they told me they had no idea when it'd be there and didn't really sound interested in finding out!
Service seemed a little lacking.

Nexus Icon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:10 - 31 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

yen_powell wrote:
After waiting a long time for something I ordered about 12 years ago...

Wow, I wouldn't have waited that long!

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 15:44 - 31 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louise wrote:
When I worked for HG

Oooh. I'm going to sit comfortably and wait for some "This one time, at Hein Gericke..." stories.

https://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvzzizdnFz1qeo48a.gif

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if they've gone tits up again - it's been a cruel winter all round.

You could always ask MCN, they do actually do some investigative journalism as well as printing press releases (gasp of surprise).

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:42 - 31 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

fatjames wrote:
Next it'll be cash only!

Hmm Thinking

My local HG was also out of own-brand oil for 2 weeks apparently waiting for a delivery... I got Silkolene instead but never checked if that 'order' came in.

I wonder if they haven't paid their bills?

Cheeseybeaner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:43 - 31 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Their prices are silly though.

Good quality kit but overpriced, a bit like the M&S of the bike clothing world I suppose.

£230 new for their own brand waterproof 'Tuareg' boots?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 18:04 - 31 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't actually pay those prices though, they almost always always have some "sale" going on and give away discount coupons like they're, well, discount coupons. Or failing that, just brass neck it and get a discount at the till.

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 18:51 - 31 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
You don't actually pay those prices though

Very true. I paid £220 for their £300 daylight Gore-tex jacket.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 60 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8