Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Hein Gericke - going bust?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

RichieZX6R
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 12:18 - 26 Aug 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew122 wrote:

I was in the Darlington store yesterday. If you're needing any leathers, get yourself there. 50% off all leathers. Dainese jackets for £150. And they had decent sizes left. Thumbs Up

I should have had a better look around really. Wasn't in for long on my lunch break but I was looking for a jacket for the other half. Might take another look when I'm next down there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 12:29 - 26 Aug 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noxious89123 wrote:
Also, staff told me that the business has been sold to the german HG owners. Shops will be staying open and staff keeping jobs Smile

I dunno about "sold", but good news for the staff if they're going to bankroll it for a while. Thumbs Up

It can't go on as it is though, it'll be interesting to see what they do differently.

https://i47.tinypic.com/2rxxxxd.gif

TheSmiler
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:54 - 26 Aug 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know if they open bank holidays tempted go tomorrow see what is left.

Ariel Badger
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:59 - 26 Aug 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in HG Birmingham today and they are open in the morning.

Rogue_Shadow
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:32 - 26 Aug 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish I didn't live in NARNIA Crying or Very sad
Been looking out for a decent leather jacket for ages, yet all the sizes seem to be 38" when I'm a 32-34"
Really wish they had a Online sale too Thumbs Down

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:35 - 26 Aug 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Croyden can't have more than a couple of days trading left in it.

Went in earlier and they were down to a couple of dozen helmets, a few items of clothing (quite a bit for the ladies) and some assorted accessories; inevitably, the clothes/helmets were mostly at the extreme ends of the size scale.

I bagged a pair of winter gloves for a reasonable 24 quid, but there wasn't anything else that took my fancy, in my size.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Jim Mc
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 19:52 - 26 Aug 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogue_Shadow wrote:
Wish I didn't live in NARNIA Crying or Very sad
Been looking out for a decent leather jacket for ages, yet all the sizes seem to be 38" when I'm a 32-34"
Really wish they had a Online sale too Thumbs Down

I find that of their Sartso pants too, everytime you go to the shop they have sizes 38-40, but never 34"'s or even 36" to try to see if they're anywhere near, I asked the bloke about this and he says oh yes we can get them in...if you pay for them up front as they're a 'special order.'

They use stupid selling tactics too, like charging 20£ more than anywhere else and telling you they'll chuck in the armour @ ~£12 free of charge.

Come to think of it, in 2 years I've been in the HG shop at least a dozen times and never spent a penny.

GREENI3
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:10 - 26 Aug 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to the Plymouth store today.
Pretty much all the shelves were bare.

The stuff that was left, was either still too expensive or had been reduced to the normal prices of other shops, so not really a sale as such.

J & S was much better; more stock and even cheaper than HG's closing down 'sale'.

Easter Bunny
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:11 - 26 Aug 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watchman wrote:

J & S was much better; more stock and even cheaper than HG's closing down 'sale'.

except most their (own brand) stuff is shit!

map
Mr Calendar

PostPosted: 21:18 - 26 Aug 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watchman wrote:
Went to the Plymouth store today.
Pretty much all the shelves were bare.

The stuff that was left, was either still too expensive or had been reduced to the normal prices of other shops, so not really a sale as such.

Pretty much the same at Leeds store on Saturday.

There's a big J&S over the road and GetGeared right next door.

Curious that GetGeared is a big Held stockist which is a German outfit and HG are now and get their stock from Germany (lots of the bits boxes were sealed with German text on the labels).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

GREENI3
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:36 - 26 Aug 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eggs Benedict wrote:
Ye, I didn't really take much notice of their stuff.

I was looking at textile jackets: buffalo, alpinestars, rst.

Then there was their budget line: ixs, frank thomas and j & s.

Couldn't find anything that fit though.
Typical, when you're a 36 chest. Rolling Eyes

Came away with a new lid though, to make the 140 mile round trip seem worthwhile.

Rogue_Shadow
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:14 - 26 Aug 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

You travel that far ... You feel inclined to buy something Mr. Green

GREENI3
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:31 - 26 Aug 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogue_Shadow wrote:
You travel that far ... You feel inclined to buy something Mr. Green
Well I usually buy everything off the internet, but get pissed off having to return stuff because it doesn't fit, so thought I'd make the trek up to Plymouth and try loads of gear on.

Turned out to a pretty nice day in the end, although I'm not a fan of the big city; way too many red light and speed cameras to keep an eye out for and kept getting lost on numerous occasions. Laughing

RichieZX6R
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 14:34 - 27 Aug 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just picked a nice jacket for the misses reduced from 230 to 80 quid in Newcastle store. Guy scanned it and said 95 so she went to try it on and we had a look around then back and another guy said 80! Nice.

Bomberman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:08 - 27 Aug 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

c-m wrote:
mr jamez wrote:
Popped into the Reading store on the Oxford road today. Loads of bargains to be had, if you're a fatty Sad

I thought that most bikers were fatties. they seem to go for XXL leathers etc..

Yeah, most of the gear I see on eBay is for big (BIG) lads... Sad Most annoying Thumbs Down

TheSmiler
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:19 - 27 Aug 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nipped in to see if they had any boots available but just my luck everything was there except size 11. Oh well back to ebay.

danjameswhitt
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 18:18 - 27 Aug 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a bargin on a magnetic tank bag (best for using for work personally) reduced to 14 quid in the Leeds store, well, what's left of it. TBH, even if the product is garbage it will do as a work bag and it was only 14 quid, winner.

Dan Twisted Evil

Radis
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 22:26 - 27 Aug 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one in Slough has very little good stuff left, some nice textiles but they are still silly money (around £300 for a jacket).

The one at Chiswick Honda has more stock but exactly the same issue of everything still being silly prices.

What does interest me is that the German site has had similar or better discounts just in their summer sale. The Dilbert cartoon posted earlier is very accurate...

SQL
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:39 - 27 Aug 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Croydon has fuck all left really either helmets for the elephant man or helmets for toddlers Thumbs Down

Surprisingly still over priced too
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

sidewinder
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:06 - 27 Aug 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buyer has been found

https://www.moorfieldscr.com/news-and-insights/buyer-found-for-leading-motorcycle-clothing-and-accessory-retailer-hein-gericke-uk/

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:11 - 28 Aug 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eggs Benedict wrote:
Watchman wrote:

Have to dis-agree, I have a few bits of Frank Thomas and J&S, both has stood well to rough use and spills.

It's not what you buy, it's how you use it.

I went into my HG today and asked about gloves since mine really are fucked and they had bugger all, maybe 10 pairs all still overpriced.

Jackets weren't low in stock but all generic black and I wanted red. I was advised by a (less than enthusiastic) lass in there that black is neutral so more appropriate - all fine except the bike I buy next will be red/white so I want gear the resembles it.

I did see a jacket I liked for 80quid. if that's there by the time I sell this car I'm having it.

Going to NEC for gloves, failing that Infinity. Thumbs Up

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 14:29 - 30 Aug 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

The local branch was almost robbed out and it was just clown sizes and their £250+ (after discount!) own brand stuff left. Workmate got a bottom end RST jacket reduced by £45 from its £20 markup though, so not a total loss.

The staff had taken advantage of the empty shop to park their bikes inside, so that was nice. Very Happy

Bloke said they've only heard the same rumours as everyone else, nothing firm, nothing in writing, and they haven't even had it confirmed that the potential buyer is HG Germany. As of Monday they'll be going to a day-to-day basis depending on whether they have any stock and someone to pay them. He's already looking for work elsewhere, needless to say.

Best of luck to anyone caught up in it, it really was sad seeing them end with a whimper.

Noxious89123
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:13 - 30 Aug 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
The staff had taken advantage of the empty shop to park their bikes inside, so that was nice. Very Happy

Seen that a few times at my local place, even with a fully stocked shop. A old friends scooter broke down one day, and he pushed it to the shop, and they took it inside and tryed to help him sort it. They couldn't fix it, so they let him leave it in the shop overnight so he could get someone to come and sort it out / pick it up. Good guys working there. Karma

Subsequently, the aforementioned friend turned up pushing his scooter whilst I was actually there, and I hadn't seen him for years! Coincidence or what, I didn't even know he was on 2 wheels.

Andrew122
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 17:21 - 01 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got myself a pair of these at the Darlington store for just shy of £75.

https://www.dainese.me.uk/uploaded_images/dainese_scarpa_dyno_pro.jpg

kiddakidda
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 09:33 - 02 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picked up a RST slice leather jacket for £75.00 (rrp £189.00) and a Shoei XR1100 in gloss black for £165.00 (rrp $329.00) in Birmingham yesterday - Well chuffed!! Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 11 years, 210 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8