Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Clattering/Clunking noise when cold

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

snikks
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 18:05 - 21 Feb 2012    Post subject: Clattering/Clunking noise when cold Reply with quote

Okay, so starting up the fazer this morning with the choke on, I noticed a knocking/clattering kind of noise as the bike idled. This noise seems to go away once the engine is warm/choke is off, and doesn't seem to affect the riding (I don't ride until the chokes done with anyway, I let it warm up as I gear up). It looks as though the rev counter needle may be a little unsteady too, but then that always has been a little unsteady until it warms up.

Should I be concerned? It's not something I've noticed before, although it's quite faint under the engine noise. May have a quick look at the bike this weekend, check the chains still adjusted ok, and I want to adjust the throttle and clutch cables (both seem a little loose), so anything else people can recommend I should check, I can do then.

Walloper
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:53 - 21 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

knocking clattering when cold sounds like transmission drag working on a slack chain. When things warm up the drag stops and so does the clattering rattle. Watch it warm up.
Or just that you are hearing something that was always there. Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 39 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1