BCF: Bike Chat Forums

intercoms

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration
View previous topic : View next topic  

weeguy
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 19:41 - 19 Feb 2012    Post subject: intercoms Reply with quote

hey folks just wondering if any of use can recommend a wireless intercoms system me and my mate fancied getting them but theres so many different types we will be riding separate bikes and both wear agv gp tech helmets,would also like to have the option of getting music through it aswell any help would be much appreciated thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

Marmalade
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:00 - 19 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scala rider for me. Been using them lots and my current one has lasted daily abuse in all weathers for 18 months now.

FM radio, bluetooth, mp3/ipod connection.

A fair bit of dosh but if you do want to be able to talk and not get stressed out with a crackly hum instead of a reply you need to spend it.
Nobby the Bastard: How yo tell the difference between the actual japanese and her just screaming because she's had live fish stuck up her arse? [url=https://www.nicks-shop.co.uk/bcf-goodies-15-c.aspGet BCF stickers and things here[/url] Reflective helmet stickers - Legal requirement in france - Clicky
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

weeguy
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 20:07 - 19 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

exactly what am looking for am goiny look into them now,a seen there was so many cheap crap options and i can tell its one of the things you get what you pay for

Dilyan
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:49 - 19 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apart from quality, how is Scala Rider better than this:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-BT-interphone-bluetooth-motorcycle-helmet-intercom-/250815664976?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item3a65c75350#ht_5140wt_1064

Because when I look at the prices Crying or Very sad

Glenben92
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 00:50 - 20 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a pair of Cobra MT975 pmr446 radios with PTT headsets. Good thing about the 975 is that two headsets can be plugged into one unit, making it an intercom as well as radio. Range has never been a problem and battery life with the standard 600mah sets is quite good. Easily increasable though. Only negative is that they can be a little bulky, I can squeeze mine into my cargo pants lower pocket but find it easier to just chuck it inside my jacket. If i'm wearing a textile jacket it'll easily fit in a pocket.

Radios £42 a pair on Amazon
Headsets are £15 a pop from either ebay or maplins.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Marmalade
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:06 - 20 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

We tried using 2 way radios on our end to end day out and all 3 headsets died due to water within 400 miles
Nobby the Bastard: How yo tell the difference between the actual japanese and her just screaming because she's had live fish stuck up her arse? [url=https://www.nicks-shop.co.uk/bcf-goodies-15-c.aspGet BCF stickers and things here[/url] Reflective helmet stickers - Legal requirement in france - Clicky

Dilyan
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:13 - 23 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marmalade wrote:
Scala rider for me. Been using them lots and my current one has lasted daily abuse in all weathers for 18 months now.

FM radio, bluetooth, mp3/ipod connection.

A fair bit of dosh but if you do want to be able to talk and not get stressed out with a crackly hum instead of a reply you need to spend it.

If it's a Q2 Pro - just swallowed the price and bought a pair of these for me and a mate. Will report as soon as I get it working (and sort the bike out).
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 67 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1