Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

GP-Tech vs X802

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

lihp
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:50 - 05 Mar 2012    Post subject: GP-Tech vs X802 Reply with quote

So guys, currently have an AGV K4 which is getting a bit worn.

I tried an AGV GP-Tech on in Hein Gericke a few days ago, and OMG it's got to be the most comfortable thing that has ever been on my head.

However, I came across a couple of reviews on the internet that acommented about stitching around the neck roll, visors cracking, colours fading and helmet lettering coming off. There seemed to be a few of these reviews commenting on the same issues after 4 to 18 months usage, which is quite shocking for a £500 helmet.

The difficulty is that people only write reviews everywhere when they're un happy, positive reviews are always more difficult to find.

Does anybody have an AGV GP-Tech? If so, what are you opinions of it after it has been used? How has it held up?

My K4 is still in great condition apart from where I dropped it Sad so it's hard to believe that their top end helmet would have such a poor build quality, but it's a difficult thing to ignore when spending that much cash.

Alternatively, I've also been looking at the X-Lite X802, not had time to try this one on yet, but does anybody have any opinions on this helmet? or any comments on it's build quality?

Many thanks

ride_to_die
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 12:12 - 05 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a thread on Gp techs a while ago which I posted on. I think it was Odemode who had problems with his lid. I've got a 1st Gen GP Tech which had done about 36000 miles now. It has lasted pretty good and still looks good now. The lettering on the neck roll started peeling off within the first couple of months but it was replaced under warranty.

I have no experience of recent ones though.

Liam_
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:10 - 05 Mar 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the GP-Tech and it is indeed a very comfortable helmet and very light too.
I've had no issues at all with the helmet.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 46 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1